Campfire Kahuna
Problem with a gunsmith? You don't say.

LOL

N
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
N
I filed mail fraud charges with Postal Inspection Service.

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act. George Orwell
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by butchlambert1

No, you can not garnish wages in Texas. Put a lien on his personal property or home.

Unless it's for child support or attorney fees incurred in securing child support.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Did not cruise this entire thread, but from my experience if an issue crosses state lines, it becomes damned near impossible.

I live in Oregon, accepted a check for dog I was selling while standing in Idaho, from a guy that lived in Washington. It bounced. Authorities would do nothing. Legal advice was to send a certified bluffing letter to the tune of pay up within 30 days or we will pursue legal channels. I my case it worked.

1Minute
Campfire Member
Campfire Member

IC B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Naphtali
I filed mail fraud charges with Postal Inspection Service.

Now call the county sheriff where he lives...

Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
it happened to us few years ago while trying to transfer a rifle from Nebraska to Canada with a FLL.

the seller did not want to ship anymore but forgot to give back the money...

a little chat with the local police and DA changed my life: i got my rifle finally but the Judge didnt follow the recommendation of the local police nor the DA but i got the rifle back.

PS: they slammed his door and wreck his home with a SWAT unit (gun involved)...

try first the local police. they helped a fellow Canadian.

N
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
N
This afternoon I retrieved a package containing a rifle, unused parts, duplicate parts, and a refund-in-full. So far as I am concerned, my Mail Fraud complaint has been satisfied.

Having examined the work done on the rifle, I understand why he was extremely reluctant to return it - or acknowledge my existence. The rifle I sent was a Rossi Model 92 stainless steel carbine in 454 Casull. Including Braz-Tech parts and parts from other Rossi stainless steel 92s of the same caliber, I was to receive a lookalike of a [black] Ceracoted® Winchester Model 1892 45 Colt rifle with 24-inch octagon barrel within a dyed rosewood laminated birch stock, checkered. Of course there were many nuances I am omitting for brevity.

The acceptable work: I wanted a straight grip converted to half-pistol grip. My initial examination shows this to be done effectively.

Regarding the remainder of the work, it is - by at least one order of magnitude - the worst work and workmanship I've seen. Where to begin? Well, the rosewood laminated birch stock ain't. It is some garish mishmash of colors. How anyone who is not legally blind can mistake the stock blank from which he worked to the stock blank I identified for him by graphic, description, and specific vendor from whom to order is a mystery. I am not denigrating those with poor eye sight. I am accurately judging an impossible misidentification, for there is no other way to describe except as having been done deliberately. It goes downhill from this beginning.

The worst facet of my experience and upon my initial examination of my rifle is that it is so grotesque that my enthusiasm for my rifle-revolver combination has altered to a loathing. I hope my loathing will abate over time. Perhaps after a gunsmith whom I trust verifies the rifle is safe to shoot, and feeds cartridges without any problems, I'll pop a few caps and begin to accept it?

If you are a doubter that the converted rifle cannot be that poorly done, contact me to arrange to examine it and judge for yourself.

The name of the person with whom I contracted for my conversion is Regan Nonneman.

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act. George Orwell
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

551 members (160user, 1minute, 10ring1, 1234, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 63 invisible), 2,385 guests, and 1,356 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,160
Posts18,484,333
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.