-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The city tried to implement that kind of system here and the whole community bitched about it and the city never went through with it. I don't know how accurate this is but there were some studies out there showing that in some places, traffic accidents went up after implementing the cameras because people were looking at the cameras instead of driving correctly. Once that information leaked out, it was pretty hard for the city counsel to argue the merits, even if it is a cash cow for the city.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Town put them in here several years ago. Pain in the a*&.......after several years people started asking where the money was and they could not find it. Cameras were gone shortly thereafter. Money still hasn't been found.....wonder where it went?

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
“I” got one of those several years ago because the vehicle was in my name even though it was my wife’s. I went to court and told the judge I was work at that time and wasn’t driving. He tried to get me to admit that my wife was driving it and therefore I would still be responsible but I knew their Bullchit gimmick and told him that being under oath demanded that I tell the truth and the truth is I WAS NOT driving and that I didn’t physically see the person that was driving it that morning. He asked me if I had asked my wife if she was driving and I told him NOPE and that I didn’t even mention the ticket to her. The judge asked me why I hadn’t questioned my wife about it and I told him that it’s not my job to help them make their case. I then read the statute (ordinance) to him and told him that unless he could prove otherwise he was wasting my time and the courts’ time. He was not happy with me and scowled, I laughed at his frustration which made him even more perturbed. He told me that I should have more knowledge about who is using my vehicle and I asked him if that was a legal obligation or his personal advice. He didn’t like being backed into a corner without a leg to stand on but had to dismiss the case due to their lack of evidence. I put my hat on immediately, turned my back after he ruled but before he was done admonishing me about my lack of “awareness” and walked out of the courtroom ignoring him and everything he was blabbering on about. He wasn’t happy about my lack of “respect” but I didn’t giveashit, especially since I have no respect for the cops and courts in that crooked jurisdiction. I’d be the first to stop and help someone in trouble but in that area I’d gladly watch’em bleed out before I’d offer any one of those dirtbags bandaid. Traffic cameras and the system built around it are nothing more than government sanctioned extortion.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
They had about 20 of them around here. Someone sued and the ruling was they could only have them if a cop were stationed at each one while in use. Defeats the whole purpose, Don't have 'em any more.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
One feller over in Santa Fe was caught shooting the camera car. They got a real nice picture of him aiming a large pistol, while wearing pajamas. smile

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
“I” got one of those several years ago because the vehicle was in my name even though it was my wife’s. I went to court and told the judge I was work at that time and wasn’t driving. He tried to get me to admit that my wife was driving it and therefore I would still be responsible but I knew their Bullchit gimmick and told him that being under oath demanded that I tell the truth and the truth is I WAS NOT driving and that I didn’t physically see the person that was driving it that morning. He asked me if I had asked my wife if she was driving and I told him NOPE and that I didn’t even mention the ticket to her. The judge asked me why I hadn’t questioned my wife about it and I told him that it’s not my job to help them make their case. I then read the statute (ordinance) to him and told him that unless he could prove otherwise he was wasting my time and the courts’ time. He was not happy with me and scowled, I laughed at his frustration which made him even more perturbed. He told me that I should have more knowledge about who is using my vehicle and I asked him if that was a legal obligation or his personal advice. He didn’t like being backed into a corner without a leg to stand on but had to dismiss the case due to their lack of evidence. I put my hat on immediately, turned my back after he ruled but before he was done admonishing me about my lack of “awareness” and walked out of the courtroom ignoring him and everything he was blabbering on about. He wasn’t happy about my lack of “respect” but I didn’t giveashit, especially since I have no respect for the cops and courts in that crooked jurisdiction. I’d be the first to stop and help someone in trouble but in that area I’d gladly watch’em bleed out before I’d offer any one of those dirtbags bandaid. Traffic cameras and the system built around it are nothing more than government sanctioned extortion.

I chuckled.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by mark shubert
One feller over in Santa Fe was caught shooting the camera car. They got a real nice picture of him aiming a large pistol, while wearing pajamas. smile

One fellow in Phoenix is in prison for shooting and killing the man in the camera car.

Retired cat herder.

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
Got a notice in the mail today, about a traffic camera violation in Miami. I was really not happy about it, and a bit worried about telling the wife that I got the notice. Then I noticed the date of the violation. November 27th. Heck, I was up in North Florida that day. Hmmmm
So I called the wife at work. She is down there, I am up here. I told her I got the notice of violation, and let her give her self righteous spiel. Then I told her about me being up here on that date. Dead silence. lol
That made my week. smile

laugh
Did your wife mention how devious you are?......

In Colorado a traffic camera ticket is unenforceable unless a cop actually contacts you and serves the ticket. All my trucks are in the name of a trust and the address is our family attorney--I'm immune............ grin

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by alpinecrick
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
Got a notice in the mail today, about a traffic camera violation in Miami. I was really not happy about it, and a bit worried about telling the wife that I got the notice. Then I noticed the date of the violation. November 27th. Heck, I was up in North Florida that day. Hmmmm
So I called the wife at work. She is down there, I am up here. I told her I got the notice of violation, and let her give her self righteous spiel. Then I told her about me being up here on that date. Dead silence. lol
That made my week. smile

laugh
Did your wife mention how devious you are?......

In Colorado a traffic camera ticket is unenforceable unless a cop actually contacts you and serves the ticket. All my trucks are in the name of a trust and the address is our family attorney--I'm immune............ grin

Love it!

Well I'm for photo enforcement of traffic violations.....BUT since it is DemocRATS who seem to be the ones
who are installing this crap.... I believe it should only APPLY TO DEMOC-RATS.....

same thing for the new tax cuts being proposed and the DemocRATS are having a meltdown....
so I think Tax cuts should apply to Republicans and Independents.....

and that can be offset by raising taxes for DemocRATs.. that should make them all the more happy with
Chuckles Schumer....

and when Hitlery Clinton was saying she couldn't believe how low the taxes were on her and Bill's income, and
the amount for rich people should be raised.... I guess someone was holding a gun to her head, threatening
her and Bill and blocking them sending in more money to soothe their guilt of taxes being too low...

We have those automatic cameras recording traffic at intersections here in town... I always stop and flip them the bird
for a few minutes while sitting at the light....just to let them know the community support they are getting...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Got “flashed” last Wed. Waiting to see if a ticket shows up in the mail.

I’ll have to inform them the vehicle is driven by multiple folks and I can’t confirm who it was.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
If you were driving, it'll come with a nicè photo of you behind the wheel.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
A friend of mine was sitting in a doctor's office while his wife was being examined. Meanwhile he was getting a ticket issued for speeding in a nearby city. He sent multiple letters saying that he wasn't there at that time (after he got the ticket in the mail) and they were totally ignored.

He went to court, listened to a company representative (that issued the ticket) expound in court for 30 minutes about how they never made mistakes, and pleaded "Not guilty". The judge had him look at the photos that were in court and he did and said "That's not my car and I don't know who the driver is". The photos were of a car type that he didn't own with a license plate that wasn't his and some unidentified driver.

He got stuck with "court costs".

Retired cat herder.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by smokepole

They’re welcome to pursue it. I have time.

Past experience tells me they won’t.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
I got one a couple years ago for my son's car for avoiding a toll downstate. He drives a Toyota Camry, the offender was driving a minivan. Plus, we were in Florida at the time. When we blew up the grainy picture of the license plate it wasn't even mine. We protested and sent in all the info but they made it darn near impossible to contact the agency that sent us the ticket. They must have dropped it as we haven't heard anything in a couple years.

Wag more, bark less.

The freedoms we surrender today will be the freedoms our grandchildren will never know existed.

The men who wrote the Second Amendment didn't just finish a hunting trip, they just finished liberating a nation.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Originally Posted by smokepole

They’re welcome to pursue it. I have time.

Past experience tells me they won’t.

No doubt, they just count on people sending in the check.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Seafire
and when Hitlery Clinton was saying she couldn't believe how low the taxes were on her and Bill's income, and
the amount for rich people should be raised.... I guess someone was holding a gun to her head, threatening
her and Bill and blocking them sending in more money to soothe their guilt of taxes being too low...

We have those automatic cameras recording traffic at intersections here in town... I always stop and flip them the bird
for a few minutes while sitting at the light....just to let them know the community support they are getting...

Dang seafire, I used to wonder who pissed in your Wheaties all the time.

Now I think you piss in your own Wheaties.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
He tried to get me to admit that my wife was driving it and therefore I would still be responsible but I knew their Bullchit gimmick.......

Damn, you'd think a traffic court judge of all people would know that it's the driver who's responsible for a traffic violation, not the owner of the vehicle.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
one of the quirks of the system here, is a process server had to give proof of service of the ticket. That's assuming they can find you. Particularly if you have numerous addresses. has to be done within 90 days too.
course if you are riding a gold wing with a helmet and full dark face shield, at 90 going through one of those traps kind of hard to identify you.
Had a friend that had a bmw m/c he would get on the freeway at night. he would take his plate off, full helmet and dark visor, and blow through a half dozen of them at around 130mph. gave him the giggles.
we did have one guy they finally caught to make an example out of. he was dressing up as bugs bunny. caught a bunch of times on radar.
they finally staked out the subdivision and caught him leaving for work.
one of the local issues they had was the ticket had to be issued to a live person. If car registered in corporate or llc name, couldn't write the citation. I was about ready to pay the 50bucks to register all vehicles in a llc when they pulled them out.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
years ago when i worked LA they installed cameras in Pasadena . the folks there tried to get the city council to pull them. no dice.
then the wife of the head of the council intercepted a pic of hubby with a nappy headed gal hanging on him.
the cameras got pulled the next week. council president got divorced .

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Steve
You'll pay...

OHHHH, yeah.... BIG time... laugh laugh

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

502 members (219 Wasp, 007FJ, 12344mag, 1Longbow, 1badf350, 06hunter59, 46 invisible), 2,140 guests, and 1,122 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,336
Posts18,506,137
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.