Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
P
postoak Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
P
I assume it is for all their rifles although I was only looking at Vanguards. They tell you little, if anything, about the sub-models they are supposed to be describing. Examples:

I’m off on my first safari and I can’t believe it. There are animals everywhere. Most are good eating. Others want to be the one doing the eating. This is no place for the weary or weak of heart. Here you need guts to achieve glory.

I’m handsome. There, I said it. In fact, many would say I’m the most attractive Vanguard in the lineup. With my AA-grade stock, I’m also incomparably distinctive since no two pieces of Claro Walnut ever look the same, which I think is pretty awesome.

It’s sort of like I went on Match.com and found my soulmate: “Vanguard Synthetic rifle seeks Leupold VX-2 optics for a lifetime of adventure.” You put us together and you get guaranteed SUB-MOA accuracy on every hunt.

Dammit - I just want a straight-forward description of what each of these models features!

Here for the complete list of ridiculousness:

Weatherby Vanguards

GB1

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Get a Howa if you’re looking for a Vanguard. Same rifle less money.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L

Never cared for the gay humpback pos. Want a good rifle then buy a Sako!

"the .30-06 is never a mistake"
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by larrylee

Never cared for the gay humpback pos. Want a good rifle then buy a Sako!

That was mean .

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have a 30yr old howa I still use as my main meat stick. Honestly, just get a tikka nowadays and be done.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
IC B2

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Ok, that's some funny stuff.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
P
postoak Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
P
The Tikka T3X is now more expensive than the Vanguard -- and still looks cheap. The Vanguard is built so solidly it is a pleasure to handle. The Tikka is lighter, I'll give it that.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Ya gotta drop to the bottom of the page, for the explanation:

"CONTACT US
Weatherby Customer Service
representatives are available to assist you
Monday through Thursday 6:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (PST)
at (800) 227-2016
or by emailing infoSynoptic.com

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Crazy funny stuff for sure.

From a purely marketing approach, it is an interesting one.
And, gotta remember those are mostly entry level rifles.
Us serious Looneys are not the target market.

Lots of it could be filed under a gun nuts version of "The Lighter Side" cartoons.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G

I have Both. Vanguard is a better value than my Sako A7. both are very accurate. Sako A7 has a little better
stock than the Vanguard S2. Sako A7 weights a little less. Vanguard hold 6 shots in standard Calibers, Sako only 4
Sako has a terrible magazine set up,very hard to get magazine out of rifle, plus its only a single column mag. they
give you only one and charge you $84.95 for second magazine. Actually I like both, both of mine are stainless
paid $625.00 for Vanguard 3 years ago $699.00 for the Sako A7. Both are 270 Winchesters.
Sako A7 was on sale at Sportsmans warehouse in September of this year.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by postoak
The Tikka T3X is now more expensive than the Vanguard -- and still looks cheap. The Vanguard is built so solidly it is a pleasure to handle. The Tikka is lighter, I'll give it that.

Vanguard is 40yr old howa 1500. Tikka is a lot more gun for about the same money. Sako is some really good stuff for a bunch more money. Nothing wrong with the howa, but it's heavy, and probably won't shoot with a tikka out of the box.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I assume it is for all their rifles although I was only looking at Vanguards. They tell you little, if anything, about the sub-models they are supposed to be describing. Examples:

I’m off on my first safari and I can’t believe it. There are animals everywhere. Most are good eating. Others want to be the one doing the eating. This is no place for the weary or weak of heart. Here you need guts to achieve glory.

I’m handsome. There, I said it. In fact, many would say I’m the most attractive Vanguard in the lineup. With my AA-grade stock, I’m also incomparably distinctive since no two pieces of Claro Walnut ever look the same, which I think is pretty awesome.

It’s sort of like I went on Match.com and found my soulmate: “Vanguard Synthetic rifle seeks Leupold VX-2 optics for a lifetime of adventure.” You put us together and you get guaranteed SUB-MOA accuracy on every hunt.

Dammit - I just want a straight-forward description of what each of these models features!

Here for the complete list of ridiculousness:

Weatherby Vanguards
.................................I think you may have overlooked something???.

Take yer mouse and/or use your computer and put the arrow or the hand w/index finger on the pics of the rifles and then click. After u click then scroll down. Waaaa Laaaa....

Full descriptions and specs available.

28 Nosler,,,,300WSM,,,,338-378 Wby,,,,375 Ruger

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman

Vanguard is 40yr old howa 1500. Tikka is a lot more gun for about the same money. Sako is some really good stuff for a bunch more money. Nothing wrong with the howa, but it's heavy, and probably won't shoot with a tikka out of the box.

The few new Vanguards I've shot were real tack drives, in the same class as the Tikka's I've shot.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G

For the money the blued Vanguard is the best buy around. Nothing wrong with the Howa, but I like the 24" barrel on the Vanguard.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
And the 6.5/300 Wby is now available in three Vanguard offerings.....26" barrels..........Long range gitty up at good prices.

28 Nosler,,,,300WSM,,,,338-378 Wby,,,,375 Ruger

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Wow that’s gay marketibg... I wonder how big the homo hunter niche is market-wise?

The Vangards I’ve had were tack driving mo fo’s, but if you like light weight Vangard is NOT the way to go...

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Get a Howa if you’re looking for a Vanguard. Same rifle less money.

share action(different bolt) and barrel(in some cases) 24" standard cartridge and 26" magnums and nothing else.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by efw
Wow that’s gay marketibg... I wonder how big the homo hunter niche is market-wise?

The Vangards I’ve had were tack driving mo fo’s, but if you like light weight Vangard is NOT the way to go...

They have the Wilderness model which comes in at 6 3/4 and that is as light as they go from the factory.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman

Nothing will shoot with a Tikka out of the box not even the latest toys the lemmings here buy on a whim.

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Vanguards do shoot well, great gun for the price!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

556 members (1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 1936M71, 007FJ, 10gaugeman, 53 invisible), 2,493 guests, and 1,310 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,670
Posts18,474,777
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.