Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 15 of 17 1 2 13 14 15 16 17
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I don't think that the 100% accuracy of the KJV of the scriptures,or if some texts may have been omitted has much relevance at all to anyone who has a personal relationship with Jesus. Yes,the Bible is important,but you also have the Holy Spirit to guide you into all the truth. You should be just fine,even if you were illiterate,or lived somewhere that scripture was illegal.

GB1

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
I don't think that the 100% accuracy of the KJV of the scriptures,or if some texts may have been omitted has much relevance at all to anyone who has a personal relationship with Jesus. Yes,the Bible is important,but you also have the Holy Spirit to guide you into all the truth. You should be just fine,even if you were illiterate,or lived somewhere that scripture was illegal.

i kinda like your perspective on things, even if all my ancestors, pretty much, were hardshell baptists, and maybe a few five point calvinists, and a few original Lutherans mixed in, for good measure.

however, there's more to the story that should be examined in some detail, imho. we humans are expressive, somewhat intelligent, living beings living down here on the Urth, (or earth), depending.

we breath air, a most corrosive substance, especially the oxygen content (16-25 percent) needed to support life and fire.

this man Jesus has captured a lot of attention in this world. his dad, the Mighty War-God YHWH somehow, as if by majjicc? impregnated a virgin human urthling to have a male child (not female, mind you), to be born at a particular time in history in the middle east, for the benefit of the vorld. that sounds like an equation that has been solved down to a 17 decimal point level of detail?

so, all humans, from all points of the globe are subject to be saved, and sent to heaven, no?

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Is starman a Mormon?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Why God would chose such a hard headed, rebellious bunch as the Jews to be his chosen people is a fact known only to him. But, that's what he did. Even when God came to them in person, they just killed him and carried on with their rebelliousness. God finally hammered them, totally destroyed their county, and scattered them all over the world but they just wrote more nonsense (the Talmud) and kept right on rebelling against the God who came to save them. He's since sent his missionaries to about every place in the world and had enthusiastic response but still his own personal Jews on the whole reject him.
There will come a time, though...Revelation says that in the end, the Jews will wake up to find what they've done. They will turn back to God in huge numbers and will send out 144,000 of the most effective missionaries the world has ever seen.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Calvin
Is starman a Mormon?

based upon his writings here on the fire i have no clue as to his background other than he does seem to be a bit well versed, more or less.

i know the five point calvinists get the 'ell beat out of them when they post here. i guess it's all about logic, or something?

at this point thank god there's no isis, buddhist, hindu, or Native Americans posting.

they'd find themselves pretty much without salvation.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Is starman a Mormon?

I don't know but his 'theology' is pretty screwy.

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by 340boy
Is starman a Mormon?

I don't know but his 'theology' is pretty screwy.

if one was going to go on a devout search for a worthy theology, where would one go, and what might it look like when one got there?

in other words, would it be biased toward catholoscim, some variety of protestantism, pure hard shell Baptists, orthodoxy catholics, coptic christians, or ethiopian christianity?

the Gnostics are out there, but are they truly Christian?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Gus,
Though every one has the right to any religion they like, and I firmly believe this-orthodox Christian doctrine is not to be trifled with. Some of the posts on this thread are heretical, no other word to describe it. If these folks on here can post their opinions, so can I. You can call me "judgemental", "narrow-minded" or whatever, but the truth presented in the Bible is worth defending.
YMMV

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Gus,
Though every one has the right to any religion they like, and I firmly believe this-orthodox Christian doctrine is not to be trifled with. Some of the posts on this thread are heretical, no other word to describe it. If these folks on here can post their opinions, so can I. You can call me "judgemental", "narrow-minded" or whatever, but the truth presented in the Bible is worth defending.
YMMV

the accusal of "heretical" can be a very serious charge, or not. no doubt about that.

lot's of heretics have been burned at the stake.

the world has shifted. no doubt.

i don't do heretics.

oxygen ???

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Gus
Gus,
YMMV

the accusal of "heretical" can be a very serious charge, or not. no doubt about that.

lot's of heretics have been burned at the stake.

the world has shifted. no doubt.

i don't do heretics.

oxygen ???

Seriously Gus? One just has to look up the definition of heretical in the modern sense-it means to deviate from orthodox (small o) doctrine. Like I explicitly stated, everyone has a right to their own religion, just as I have a right to mine. Burned at the stake? Pfffft.

Last edited by 340boy; 12/20/17.

James Elroy Flecker

IC B3

K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
God has given us his word via the Holy Spirit who led men to write it. Over a number of years, the Spirit slowly revealed what God wanted in the final product. Now we need to talk about faith. We're saved by faith and we have his word by faith. Non-believers will poo poo the idea and find all kinds of reasons to reject the word or large parts of it, but we faithful know that God is true. We will stand by the Bible knowing that God didn't deceive us and if we follow his commands we will be richly rewarded in heaven. Non-believers can scoff all they want to but it will make no difference to those who know the truth and have accepted the Lord's forgiveness. They'll know the truth in the end but it will be too late.

Paul, in particular, is rejected by many. However, he was hand picked by Jesus specifically to carry the word to the gentile world. He was highly educated and prepared for the job assigned to him by Jesus in that confrontation on the road to Damascus. Paul then went into the desert for 3 years (the same length of time that the disciples were with Jesus), and was taught by a resurrected Lord. By doing this, he was qualified to take the title of apostle along with the original disciples. He returned to public view as a fireball for the Lord.
Many hate Paul because he tells them what they don't want to hear. He speaks the truth and it hurts and instills fear in those who reject the Lord's commandments.

The Book of Enoch was mentioned. That was a Jewish book but even the Jews have rejected it as mostly false. It's claimed that it was written before the flood but parts have been found have been written less than 300 years before Christ, some parts less than 100 years. It contains numerous errors and has no part in scripture. It might have some historical value but that's all.

Really!! The whole Bible is allegedly a Jewish book, so what is your point. I could care less if the Jews reject Enoch. They reject the New Testament also.......

Now who said that Jesus picked Paul? What makes Pauls writings truer than Enochs? Enoch was picked be Jesus also. Who said that the Holy Spirit led men to write the Bible? The Vatican? Am I a non-believer because I question the writings and the Church. King James paid to have the Geneva Bible re-translated with one of the books named after him. How spirit inspired was that??

The real question is, why is the church so afraid of the writings of Enoch. Does his teachings challenge their later day doctrine teachings?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Any church that burns anyone for being heretical is heretical itself. It sure isn't Christian.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Any church that burns anyone for being heretical is heretical itself. It sure isn't Christian.

Agree 100% RC.

James Elroy Flecker

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by K22
God has given us his word via the Holy Spirit who led men to write it. Over a number of years, the Spirit slowly revealed what God wanted in the final product. Now we need to talk about faith. We're saved by faith and we have his word by faith. Non-believers will poo poo the idea and find all kinds of reasons to reject the word or large parts of it, but we faithful know that God is true. We will stand by the Bible knowing that God didn't deceive us and if we follow his commands we will be richly rewarded in heaven. Non-believers can scoff all they want to but it will make no difference to those who know the truth and have accepted the Lord's forgiveness. They'll know the truth in the end but it will be too late.

Paul, in particular, is rejected by many. However, he was hand picked by Jesus specifically to carry the word to the gentile world. He was highly educated and prepared for the job assigned to him by Jesus in that confrontation on the road to Damascus. Paul then went into the desert for 3 years (the same length of time that the disciples were with Jesus), and was taught by a resurrected Lord. By doing this, he was qualified to take the title of apostle along with the original disciples. He returned to public view as a fireball for the Lord.
Many hate Paul because he tells them what they don't want to hear. He speaks the truth and it hurts and instills fear in those who reject the Lord's commandments.

The Book of Enoch was mentioned. That was a Jewish book but even the Jews have rejected it as mostly false. It's claimed that it was written before the flood but parts have been found have been written less than 300 years before Christ, some parts less than 100 years. It contains numerous errors and has no part in scripture. It might have some historical value but that's all.

Really!! The whole Bible is allegedly a Jewish book, so what is your point. I could care less if the Jews reject Enoch. They reject the New Testament also.......

Now who said that Jesus picked Paul? What makes Pauls writings truer than Enochs? Enoch was picked be Jesus also. Who said that the Holy Spirit led men to write the Bible? The Vatican? Am I a non-believer because I question the writings and the Church. King James paid to have the Geneva Bible re-translated with one of the books named after him. How spirit inspired was that??

The real question is, why is the church so afraid of the writings of Enoch. Does his teachings challenge their later day doctrine teachings?

not being a trained theologian as most posters here are, i'd suggest that Enoch had information that we all need to know.

what we have is a problem. we've got folks who disagree, then claim their view is the only one true view.

i'm a follower of john calvin, but maybe he's wrong? is anyone else wrong also?

if anyone can't admit wrongness, maybe they're entrapped by der debil?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Gus,
Though you may not believe it, I am willing to admit error. I'm human, far from perfect, in fact. I think there many incidentals in the Bible that Christians from various denominations can differ in their opinions. But, when people deny the full equality of Jesus with the Father, I have a BIG problem with that.

James Elroy Flecker

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Why God would chose such a hard headed, rebellious bunch as the Jews to be his chosen people is a fact known only to him. But, that's what he did. Even when God came to them in person, they just killed him and carried on with their rebelliousness. God finally hammered them, totally destroyed their county, and scattered them all over the world but they just wrote more nonsense (the Talmud) and kept right on rebelling against the God who came to save them. He's since sent his missionaries to about every place in the world and had enthusiastic response but still his own personal Jews on the whole reject him.
There will come a time, though...Revelation says that in the end, the Jews will wake up to find what they've done. They will turn back to God in huge numbers and will send out 144,000 of the most effective missionaries the world has ever seen.

Yeah. Those stiffnecks are about as obtuse as the Israelites who migrated over the Caucaus mts, fulfilled Bible prophecyb by losing their identity, became Caucasians, were scattered to the four corners of the earth after they settled
Sweden, Norway, Great Britain (which fulfilled prophecy by becoming the largest nation in earths history to the point the sun didnt set on its shores), Ireland, Scotland and,Denmark and became Christians who then settled North America, and fulfilled Bible prophecy by becoming the, strongest nation in earths history which controlled the gates of its enemes and enjoyed the greatest life in the history of humanity and still refused to accept Him.
wink

Last edited by jaguartx; 12/20/17.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
OH, we do have have a problem. that's pretty much a military certainly. and i was a draftee, but did learn something in the process.

der Father is a individual/ a god/ that demands the Urth be organized in a reasonable manner. reasonable??? get real. we humans are eating the Urth in an organized manner, and we're shielding that minor detail, so that CNN, Fox, ABC, and others have plenty of cover. those people are making a ton of money, and need to keep the process in control.

der jews knows that things are bad, even in a bad way. we xtians apparently don't have a clue? but, the greeks, egyptians, and iranians are not blind??

K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by jaguartx

Yeah. Those stiffnecks are about as obtuse as the Israelites who m8grated over the Caucaus mts, became Caucasians, lost their identity, settled
Sweden, Norway, Great Britain, Ireland, Scotland and,Denmark and became Christians who then settled North America, fulfilled Bible prophecy by beciming the, strongest nation on earth and which controlled the gates of its enemes and enjoyed the greatest life in the history of humanity and still refused to accept Him.
wink

grin Perfect. I haven't heard that in a long time. "Through these mountains came the Israelite's of old" or something to that effect.

Are you sure it wasn't the Israelies. whistle

Last edited by K22; 12/20/17.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You and I agree on many things.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sounds like you may have listened to Arnold Murray.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Page 15 of 17 1 2 13 14 15 16 17

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

215 members (21, 160user, 35, 1936M71, 10Glocks, 24 invisible), 12,303 guests, and 1,130 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,230
Posts18,544,041
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.