-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Almost 2 years ago now, someone (s) did the purging for me...

Was making a move from Northern NYS to Socal (why god..?). I stopped for the night in Az only to awake and find that my 6x10 enclosed moviing trailer with ALL my stuff in it had been stolen right off the hitch of my truck.

That was a tough purging.!
But, I am having fun getting "re-upped" in the firearms department..

"I'd rather have an Army of Asses led by a Lion, than an Army of Lions led by an Ass." (George Washington)
GB1

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I've given away several rifles to two daughters, two sons, a grandson and two sons of a friend. Several of the remainder [the ones or a number in brackets] are spoken for and will leave soon. I suppose you could say I am getting there.

.22 short, long, long rifle - 7, [3]
.22 WMR - 3 [1]
.223/5.56 - 4,
.243 - 2, [2]
.250 savage - 1, [1]
6.5X55 - 1
6.5 Creedmoor -1,
7x61 S&H -1,
.30 Carbine -1, [1]
.30-06 - 3,
.308 Norma Mag - 1,
.300 Weatherby Mag - 1,
.338 Win Mag - 1, [1]
.357 Magnum -1,
.35 Whelen - 1, [1]
.375 H&H - 1,
.45-70 - 1,

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
This hits home hard because...I Don't...Even Know...how many firearms I have!

Have been thinking about selling many and having just a fine few to use in my dotage. But now gun market is soft as many have noted.

I have a safe at home and at work and still have guns in closest "safes" and corners.

Have many game rifles I've not hunted in years.

And yet I'm trying to justify buying my work 870, because my large agency has decided to take up all our shotguns. And it's Christmas! crazy

�When in doubt, I whip it out.� Uncle Ted
[Linked Image]
16bore Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kaboku68
That's no fun. I guess that a purge means you can DO A LOT OF OTHER STUFF.

Fixed it....

Purging might not be for everyone. I do love to shoot/hunt but prefer the KISS way of life. KISSing the handloading goodbye was pretty "freeing" and it just kept going from there.....

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Been purgin' wares from their parcels,all afternoon and am slowly gainin' on 'er.

[Linked Image]

Will salm the Vudoo together,load a hunnert 243AI Alpha form 105's for a Faux Ti,load a coupla hunnert 162's for a SNEAKY Lever Gun and bolt a few more Krunchentickers together. Tomorrow I'll shoot a few Lots of ammo through the Vudoo,christen the winner and flog on the bitch without mercy. New cam pin shipped from Franklin for the Electric Whizzum and though that swapaloo won't affect POA/POI,it'll gimme another reason to shoot.

Am spoolin' new line on a coupla reels,will upend a few more and tie up some Fresh Riggin' to boot,as I've a couple new Lots of Maruto hooks to R&D,once the water starts rushin'.

Lookin' like I'll be purgin' a few Reupolds outta the saddle tonight too.........................(grin)

Oopsie...only "fair" to add more pics,for Whining Clueless Kchunts,who've gotta Google it all. Congratulations?!?

It be a Skookum Parcel +P and I'm hopin' the Bart' Specter contour will shoot an inch or so at the 25yd line. Laughing!

Mags are money,in multiple AICS DBM footprint magwells I stuffed 'en in and I prolly have a "few" to extrapolate. Hint. Just saying. Laughing!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Geometry is money and Mike obviously did his homework,from stem to stern. Chamber dimensions are snuggerish and'll Smooch everythjing fed and I've a "hunch",that I've a wee bit of ammo to extrapolate.(grin)

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I've got quite a fhuqking few Shilen 2-ouncers and this one is a PEACH.

[Linked Image]

Anywhoo...now The "Lucky" Kchunts can say they've "seen" one.

Bless their hearts.

GOOD talk.

Laughing!..............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Been purgin' wares from their parcels,all afternoon and am slowly gainin' on 'er.

[Linked Image]

Will salm the Vudoo together,load a hunnert 243AI Alpha form 105's for a Faux Ti,load a coupla hunnert 162's for a SNEAKY Lever Gun and bolt a few more Krunchentickers together. Tomorrow I'll shoot a few Lots of ammo through the Vudoo,christen the winner and flog on the bitch without mercy. New cam pin shipped from Franklin for the Electric Whizzum and though that swapaloo won't affect POA/POI,it'll gimme another reason to shoot.

Am spoolin' new line on a coupla reels,will upend a few more and tie up some Fresh Riggin' to boot,as I've a couple new Lots of Maruto hooks to R&D,once the water starts rushin'.

Lookin' like I'll be purgin' a few Reupolds outta the saddle tonight too.........................(grin)

Just a guess, but I don't think anyone cares... they're probably waiting anxiously over at "as gay as it gets".....

Hint.....

You've been led to water......

Toldja so.....

Kiss find pressure and rock on....

Re HINT......

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Liquidating at the bottom of the market is nuts. Prices are severely depressed and a Democrat controlled White house, Senate and House is 3 years away. Buy every [bleep] gun you can get your hands on and sell when the panic starts again. AR's for $400.00! Dow's at $25,000 and ready to blow, so probably safest place to put money.

Jack,

The rifle market is going to be down for many years. The down market is as much Trumps election along with an aging population whom have driven the gun market since the 80's.....All
good things come to an end.

16bore Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
If I were "investing" it'd be Westley & Richards, Tommy guns, and pre 1900 Colts. The rest are just tools in my opinion.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 16bore
Down to my lowly 270 and 243 with a 223 for schits and giggles..

I turned in my looney card so I won't embarrass the fine 24 HR members here. Also got vaccinated against Creedfever, though I have a spare 6x42 and Talleys sitting in the box. I think I'll hang them on the tree as ghosts of Christmas past....

Merry Creedmas...

Just wait till the 6mm CM train gets moving... it will replace all three above 😁

M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
I've heard the saying that "less is more". I disagree "more is more". Why are you guys getting rid of your guns. You don't see golfers saying they could get by with a driver and a putter. Many other situations in between that warrant a 5 or 7 iron. Unless you have a financial need to purge, I would keep your irons. You will regret it long term. I have sold guns over the years that I wish I could have back. Sure, I can replace them, but now at a higher cost and it's not the original that made me love them.

Tiger Woods would never go out on the course with a such a limited bag of clubs. Unless your wife is going to bash your teeth out with your extra guns, keep em.

IC B3

16bore Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Apples to Oranges......

It's more like carrying a bag with a driver, putter, and twelve 7 irons or having 5 sets of clubs.

And playing 10 rounds a year....

V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
Yeah, This year I counted up that I had hunted with a centerfire rifle 18 days of the possible 22 day's it was legal for me to hunt deer with a gun in the States I hunt, so I find it hard to justify keeping a half dozen or more deer rifles in My safe....I am thinking I will keep 2 quality deer rigs and 1 beater for bad weather days, I can easily hunt three weeks a year with 3 rifles and I wont have so much money tied up in "Safe Queens"........Hb

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

I turned in my looney card so I won't embarrass the fine 24 HR members here. Also got vaccinated against Creedfever, though I have a spare 6x42 and Talleys sitting in the box. I think I'll hang them on the tree as ghosts of Christmas past....

Merry Creedmas...

You're just a nobody to me now .

Once a man known for being a rifleman and now admit you have a 270 - who are you ?? smile

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Merry Creedmas...

16, just how old are you ?
I ain't that old yet ! whistle

Yes, I can get by with fewer rifles but why ? I like em and hunt em.

I don't need creed vaccination I've read so much, I get NAUSEATED at the idea. sick
It ain't happenin here.

Jerry

Last edited by jwall; 12/21/17.

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
P
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
P
I have thought about a purge many,many times but always question where the money would go? Really it’s better than most “investments” (if you buy them “right”), I shoot them or they do go, and I like the memories with many of them....so I think they’ll stay and I’ll just keep accumulating smile. Of course many are much stronger than myself when it comes to addiction - and certainly “to each their own”!!

PennDog

Last edited by PennDog; 12/21/17.
16bore Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ol_mike

Merry Creedmas...

You're just a nobody to me now .

Once a man known for being a rifleman and now admit you have a 270 - who are you ?? smile

I'm Batman. 😈

N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N

Merry Creedmas...

You are one SICK MOFO! Rick should ban you forever for that kind of talk
😀

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by navlav8r

Merry Creedmas...

You are one SICK MOFO! Rick should ban you forever for that kind of talk
😀

He's probably secretly cranking out thousands of 6.5 Creedmoor rounds on a powered, professional production Dillon.

16bore Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Seems I'm getting coal instead of C.O.A.L for Christmas this year.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I am trying to downsize a bit and reduce future projects. Sold new 300pcs 7-08 brass this week as well as 3 long guns.

Still have three M700 actions on hand and a few stocks for possible projects, but they may be next out the door.

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

187 members (1minute, 2ndwind, 10gaugemag, 16penny, 1_deuce, 280fan, 26 invisible), 1,398 guests, and 1,042 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,844
Posts18,517,337
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.