Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
What a proper gentleman might carry for just such purposes, along with his Jägerbusche! wink

[Linked Image]

It's important to have both the appropriate footwear as well as a proper blade when perforating porkers!

[Linked Image]

ya!

GWB

Last edited by geedubya; 12/18/17.

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
GB1

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Too good.

One more story. Was about 12 yrs. old and naive to say the least. Left a deer in the crotch of a tree and went to find my dad. Couldn't find him so went back to the deer. Three 200 lbs plus hogs were putting a serious munch on the deer. Thinking they were the ranchers swine I laid my rifle against a tree and yelled at the Hogs with no effect. Then I got mad and booted one so hard in the family jewels that it both hurt my foot and lifted the boar off the ground. That one plowed into the other and they ran off. The third pulled his head out of the carcass with blood in his eyes and looked like he was going to come for me. I grabbed a pine apple sized rock and clouted him on the head which fortunately discouraged him from eating more of the deer or me. I went back to the rancher and told him his hogs ate my deer. He said he didn't have any hogs, Doh! Even with my puny M1 carbine I could have killed all three easily. Praise the luck of the innocents and fools, it has worked for me several times.

Now if I only had my Crocs and a sword.

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." Niccolo Machiavelli
Z
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Z
Having killed my first pig at 8 or 10 years of age with a 22 Hornet, my last a couple years ago with a Schrade and a cool few hundred in between with everything from Maglites to deer rifles. I can honestly say my favorite handgun to use on them was a New England Arms revolver in .22 Magnum. That old pistol laid low many in traps, bayed with dogs and thoroughly deterred several charges wether they were bluffs or not. Before someone decided they needed it worse than I did, it accompanied me afield always.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by Tejano
Too good.

One more story. Was about 12 yrs. old and naive to say the least. Left a deer in the crotch of a tree and went to find my dad. Couldn't find him so went back to the deer. Three 200 lbs plus hogs were putting a serious munch on the deer. Thinking they were the ranchers swine I laid my rifle against a tree and yelled at the Hogs with no effect. Then I got mad and booted one so hard in the family jewels that it both hurt my foot and lifted the boar off the ground. That one plowed into the other and they ran off. The third pulled his head out of the carcass with blood in his eyes and looked like he was going to come for me. I grabbed a pine apple sized rock and clouted him on the head which fortunately discouraged him from eating more of the deer or me. I went back to the rancher and told him his hogs ate my deer. He said he didn't have any hogs, Doh! Even with my puny M1 carbine I could have killed all three easily. Praise the luck of the innocents and fools, it has worked for me several times.

Now if I only had my Crocs and a sword.

In east Texas in the late 50's and early 60's, IIRC, they had "open stock" laws, or at least that's what I think they were called. Back then folks branded their cows and horses and "cropped" the ears of their hogs. Then they turned them loose. Livestock would go where they so desired. Did not matter that it was your property they were traipsing on. Back then "feral" hogs were not as prolific in Texas as they are today. They would range up and down the creeks, but typically they were somebodys stock. Now getting close enough to tell whether a hoglets' ear was "cropped" could be might difficult. I learned at an early age about the "three S's".

As an aside, we used to have what we'd call "pig rodeos" when I was a yonker. We'd put a trail of corn leading into a pen, and have a trap door. Usually an apple on a stick lodged between to sticks drove into the ground. When a pig would bite the apple it would come off the stix and would release the trap door. Usually it would be a sow with a bunch of shoats that we caught. We'd climb up on the fence an take turns jumping down and grabbing a shoat. When you did this, the sow would charge you. If you had a hair on your azz, you'd try to hold onto the piglet and clamber back up the fence before the sow got to you. Since the sow's ear was usually cropped, we'd let her go later that day, But we did have a ball.

ya!

GWB

Last edited by geedubya; 12/19/17.

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
[Linked Image]

I love to kill pigs

IC B2

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
For those interested, I did find this economically priced hunting hanger! Just the thing for dispatching those rogue tuskers! laugh

http://kultofathena.com/product.asp?item=AH4226

No hog camp is complete without one!!! laugh.

The really cool sword is out of stock!!! frown

http://kultofathena.com/product.asp?item=NS001

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I never am anywhere around hunting area with out a gun either. While in camp it may not be on me depending but something is not far away.

I never look for anything without.... have trailed with Tiger quite a bit and had to shoot a few with the 10mm when we found them.

The other thing.. I'm never low on ammo or only what a normal rifle would hold IE 3 or so rounds.. I tend to have almost always a box with me, at least 10 to 20 spare or a full Glock 20 mag of 15...

Have not tried 200xtps yet, totally happy with 180s so far on deer.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by geedubya
Originally Posted by ingwe
Geedub: do you use the factory triggers on the Glocks?

ya!

GWB
. Us, no way. Aftermarket all the way on the triggers. You still ain't gonna have an AD...Can't quite think of what we use right now, but its shorter reset too.. OLD glocks I can deal with. The new supposed 5-6 pound triggers that weight 10-11 on my scale.. nope...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by ingwe
Geedub: do you use the factory triggers on the Glocks?

ya!

GWB

Thanks pard!

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
JPro,
Exactly why I pack my 45 sidearm in every hunting scenario. I never consider anything to be routine especially when with my girls.

By the way, in case you missed it, Jeremiah was a bullfrog.
IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

[Linked Image]
GWB

Great show Gee.

I like that hog pose. I think it'd be neat to have a 1/2 mount in that pose.

Thnx

Jerry

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
About when I first moved to California in the mid 1990's, a local politician in the Central Valley was hog hunting with a bow. He arrowed one, and it charged him, got to him, and chewed him up a lot before he managed to get his pistol out and kill the pig. He needed 80+ stitches, IIRC

Hoping to get loose to ambush a big sow at night here in the next week or two. She's a crafty one, never goes to feeders except at night. Time for the beast AR10 to speak.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Did he get Rabies like Old Yeller in the Movie ? wink

https://youtu.be/eTzwS38GK1s

Last edited by chlinstructor; 12/20/17.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

https://youtu.be/eTzwS38GK1s

Old Yeller got hydrophoby from the wolf!!! Caught the slobberin' fits!

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M

The hog? grin

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
What a proper gentleman might carry for just such purposes, along with his Jägerbusche! wink

[Linked Image]

Bob, there are no 'Proper Gentlemen' on the fire.... we're all, at least most of us, 'deplorable racist', and proud of it!!!

JPro, We always try to shoot the sow and then wait a while and try to shoot smaller pigs as they come to the downed sow. But, I've never seen a large pig bedded down with a dead one. That's a fat one for sure.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
JPro Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Like you, I have waited a few and gotten a bonus piglet or two when they come back. One of the extra benefits of shooting a sow over a boar. Oddly enough, this big sow had no piglets in that huge gut when a friend took her to the processor. Must have all been corn and rice bran! Those carbs will put it on you..... grin

Now with even more aplomb
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Dayom! Between the legs like the one that came after GW, and I would have probably had to change my underwear. eek

My legs would have been way up in the air.

Mayor of Monahans years ago laid his shotgun down on a dove hunt to find a bush and drop a zero. Big hog nailed him and almost killed him.

Glad the op and daughter are ok. That hog they roused was considering charging them. Had it been one person it likely would have.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by JPro
Like you, I have waited a few and gotten a bonus piglet or two when they come back. One of the extra benefits of shooting a sow over a boar. Oddly enough, this big sow had no piglets in that huge gut when a friend took her to the processor. Must have all been corn and rice bran! Those carbs will put it on you..... grin

Well -- y e a h smile

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jaguartx ,

Was there a Dr. on the fire who had a buddy leg shanked by a -shot- boar hog ?
Couple/three of years ago ?

Last edited by ol_mike; 12/22/17.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

533 members (160user, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 117LBS, 1234, 06hunter59, 56 invisible), 2,718 guests, and 1,249 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,793
Posts18,536,393
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.