-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'm 32yo. I was raised different than most of my peers. If I said something disrespectful in someone's home, my dad would have literally beat the chit out of me. Me and my father have had our moments, but overall I am a better man because of him. I hope my children say the same about me. And if Dixon ever shows up to my table with one of my daughters, it won't be Dixon I'll be going after. It will be the parents.

GB1

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Kind of all sounds like the weekly "oh i kicked someone's ass this week at a red light" post

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Armednfree
Dinner last night at my brothers. My niece has her boyfriend over and he starts this anti Trump talk. I told him, "Let's not have that at our Christmas dinner."

So this little bitch starts some sloppy crap coming out of his mouth, and I start tightening up, getting mad. Had someone not been sitting between us I might have backhanded that little twit. My brother tells him, "That's enough Dixon." and my sister gets her hands on my shoulders.

I just stayed away from him the rest of the night, out of respect for my brothers house and my family. I really would have liked to drag him outside and give him his first man sized beating.

I'd have been on the floor laughing... I don't understand why you didn't invite him to a one on one debate.....schitt....compare What Trump has done in his first year to what Obama did in eight...should have been pretty fuggin easy to make him look like the idiot he is....the first question I would have asked him would have been if he remembered "Arab Spring" that Obama ushered in....if he was aware that the previous administration (Hillary included) supplied "TOW" missiles and other heavy weapons to the "rebels" who turned out to be the forefathers of ISIS and are the same "freedom fighters terrorists" that burnt down the embassy in Benghazi.....if you have a 401K, you might have been able to show him what it was worth in the 3rd quarter of 2016 and what it's worth today....I could go on and on.....MAGA!!!!

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by jdunham
I have no problem with Dixon stating his opinion, he has a right to do that even though he's wrong. He has the view's of a 20 year old who never lived in the real world.

But I have a real problem with the failure to show respect when you are a GUEST in a family function. Especially when you run your flap to the older people in the family. My family is on both sides of the line, we don't discuss such things for the sake of peace. To try and take a crap on the dinner table is worthy of a harsh response.

As it was my brothers response was mild, but my brother is my family and does share our rather quick temper. I guarantee that had Dixon not heeded the warning the response would have escalated quickly. But it's my brothers house and his call.

Those basic manners seem to be lacking in a disturbingly high number of people these days.

I run into these types all the times at social and work functions. My first question is how much they paid in taxes last year ( usually zero) and call them a parasite on society.

yep and as mentioned its the parents' fault. So many kids these days are raised without boundaries and encouraged to always speak their opinion regardless of social setting. No respect anymore for elders and everything is a joke should be mocked. There is no repect for anything anymore. But hey Im my kids best friend and he/she still lives at home their entire lives because nobody understands how special they are.

I know quite a few that cant keep a job because of this because they run their mouths at innapropriate times at work, cross professional worker/boss boundaries and piss off their supervisors.

Last edited by ribka; 12/25/17.
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I live in the bush, whereas most of my brothers and sisters live in cities like Minneapolis, St Louis and Boston. Me nieces and nephews I really don't know all that well, most of them are in their twenties and early thirties. On occasion, I have had to remind some of them that I have basically earned my living by killing things.
Youth is wasted on the young.

IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by gregintenn
We invited three folks to church yesterday. They came. After the sermon, this dickhead, who is a deacon, stood up and began talking. In his windy speech, he welcomed the visitors, as long as they behaved and believed like he did, lest he drag them out the door.

Do you kick his ass in front of everyone?

Do you discuss this with him in private later?

Do you apologize to your guests and not invite anyone else and let this behavior continue?

This guy is also a neighbor, and I've had issues with him in the past.
Sometimes there are not easy, correct answers.

First you apologize to your guests, then let the pastor know what you thought of it. Let him talk to nitwit first. If that doesn't shut him up maybe he will go to another church from now on.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner
Dinner last night at my brothers. My niece has her boyfriend over and he starts this anti Trump talk. I told him, "Let's not have that at our Christmas dinner."

So this little bitch starts some sloppy crap coming out of his mouth, and I start tightening up, getting mad. Had someone not been sitting between us I might have backhanded that little twit. My brother tells him, "That's enough Dixon." and my sister gets her hands on my shoulders.

I just stayed away from him the rest of the night, out of respect for my brothers house and my family. I really would have liked to drag him outside and give him his first man sized beating.

I'd have been on the floor laughing... I don't understand why you didn't invite him to a one on one debate.....schitt....compare What Trump has done in his first year to what Obama did in eight...should have been pretty fuggin easy to make him look like the idiot he is....the first question I would have asked him would have been if he remembered "Arab Spring" that Obama ushered in....if he was aware that the previous administration (Hillary included) supplied "TOW" missiles and other heavy weapons to the "rebels" who turned out to be the forefathers of ISIS and are the same "freedom fighters terrorists" that burnt down the embassy in Benghazi.....if you have a 401K, you might have been able to show him what it was worth in the 3rd quarter of 2016 and what it's worth today....I could go on and on.....MAGA!!!!

"You can keep your insurance" while writing the rules with Grubber that forced insurance companies to break his promise. Then refusing to grandfather existing policies in order to keep his promise.

Promising to defend Ukraine against the Russians and then doing nothing in tace of Russian attacks.

Drawing a red line against use of chemical weapons in Syria and then doing nothing when the Syrians used them, except deny that he drew a red line.

[Linked Image from ]
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
FUGG, dont have any libs in our family, any of the directs or extendeds that I know of, were there secretive ones, they'd be too afraid to eat with us, the human animal is the only one that will eat with an enemy, we should mimic the animals.

Trump Won!
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by ConradCA

"You can keep your insurance" while writing the rules with Grubber that forced insurance companies to break his promise. Then refusing to grandfather existing policies in order to keep his promise.

Promising to defend Ukraine against the Russians and then doing nothing in tace of Russian attacks.

Drawing a red line against use of chemical weapons in Syria and then doing nothing when the Syrians used them, except deny that he drew a red line.

It's a long list....Another one of my favorites is Trump putting the kibosh on the TPP....after Obama had been over in Cambodia pushing it 5 months earlier...MAGA!!!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gregintenn
We invited three folks to church yesterday. They came. After the sermon, this dickhead, who is a deacon, stood up and began talking. In his windy speech, he welcomed the visitors, as long as they behaved and believed like he did, lest he drag them out the door.

Do you kick his ass in front of everyone?

Do you discuss this with him in private later?

Do you apologize to your guests and not invite anyone else and let this behavior continue?

This guy is also a neighbor, and I've had issues with him in the past.
Sometimes there are not easy, correct answers.

People like that deacon are why some people don't go to church. We have a woman in our church, who's family gave the land to build the church on......about a 150 years ago, and she doesn't let anyone forget that. Church is no place for adversity, yet it is probably the number place where it happens.

IC B3

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
We have a lot of liberals in our family.

I eat at their table and they are welcome at mine.

I dont wear my MAGA hat at their table, they dont talk liberal BS at mine.

I actually dont have a MAGA hat.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I actually dont have a MAGA hat.

Nor do I. Dang things are one size fits all, and that's a lie. Looks like a yarmulke on my big azz noggin.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
Talking any kind of politics at a Christmas dinner is impolite at best. After, maybe, but not during dinner.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Gun_Geezer
I have "family" I simply refuse to ever see or speak to again. That's my method of keeping the peace. They could die of fleshing eating worms and I wouldn't care or even make their funeral. One is my neice, who you have seen in the background of some Hillary campaign ads on TV. Hate that little socialst bitck.

Same here.

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Seems like it is always the liberals who start shchitt at the dinner table.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
My living family is quite small today but I have a cousin, a 71 year old female, so liberal she's probably still wearing a "Hillary For President" badge, with whom I used to constantly get into political arguments. Years ago, however, we made a pact between each other to never discuss politics again and we've held to that.

Now, we get along just fine as we both are well aware we'll not change the other's political ideology. Works just fine that way when we get together on a holiday.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Call him a liberal f a g and be done with it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have a few snarky liberal relatives who always make what they think is some wise political statement, then when they get buried in argument, suddenly they proclaim the Holidays are no time to be discussing politics.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Moments like that in polite situations indeed are uncomfortable. In this case, maybe not so much a "liberal" problem, but maybe more an issue of ignorance and poor manners. If so, a whuppin' probably would not do him much good. But, a few carefully worded questions beyond his ability to respond might shed some light, and turn his own bulb on a bit.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Such people are not welcome in my home or on my property.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

565 members (1eyedmule, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 160user, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 52 invisible), 18,805 guests, and 1,283 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,855
Posts18,537,592
Members74,050
Most Online20,796

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.