Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Colorado has had a couple of those in the last few years. Right now they set up and enforce the changing lanes and slowing laws. Wyoming has a law that you drop 20 below when passing a trooper with lights going, I do, and I bet if I didn't they wouldn't take long to let me know about it.

Denver had a cop crippled for life because she was getting gear from the trunk and the lid hid the lights. Now they have lights inside the trunk lid too.

Any studies ever done on arrows or something that would direct drivers to change lanes? Instead of being mesmerized and heading for it?

This sucks big time, and nothing we can do will change it.

C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by 6mm250
Originally Posted by boatboy
I do believe that is something this generation of young people do better than us older folks
The dont seem to drink and drive as much as my generation

The results are not good
Glad they are learning

Hank

They're not learning jackschid , they are just replacing drunk driving with texting while driving. The results are the same.

Mike

Keep in mind there was no such thing as cell phones when most of y'all were young and driving. Secondly I see PLENTY of older people texting while driving so insinuating thats poor judgement committed solely by the youth just isn't so.

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Over and over legislatures have tried to pass really stiff drunk driving laws but the people don't want them. They only get mad when someone gets killed. The rest of the time people seem to want lax laws. Drinking and texting laws could be made so rigid that nobody but an idiot would do it but it won't happen. A legislator who pushes laws like that won't get re-elected.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by luv2safari
Very sad

My boyhood and best friend was killed by a drunk driver who was also smoking dope.

I'm sure glad we legalized something else that kills innocent folks. smirk

This^^^. Been through that, too.
Benny pulled over on the side to change out a flat tire while his date got out and stood by the car as a drunk smashed into him while he was behind his car.
Drunks tend to pull toward the ligbts ahead of them. Teach your kids this. Dont change flats on the shoulder. Dont pull over on the shoulder in a heavy rain. Use a side road to park on in bad fog or rain or to fix a flat.

I lost one of my friends to a drunk driver, who was from Mexico and did not have the right to be here.

Last edited by Hammerdown; 12/26/17.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
I bet there is a bigger percentage around the holiday season

IC B2

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

494 members (1badf350, 1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 219 Wasp, 57 invisible), 2,317 guests, and 1,191 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,143
Posts18,502,764
Members73,991
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.