Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by EdM
Originally Posted by akjeff
I don't do business with them anymore either. Their shipping policies to Alaska suck. Plenty of options to choose from elsewhere.

Jeff

See above post...

Yeah they only charge an additional $10 bucks to ship to Alaska.. Since it’s being shipped outside continental United States. We don’t have post offices here in Alaska.. insert a lot of sarcasm with this post. I won’t order from them after trying order brass and they were going charging 18 bucks to ship here to Alaska. No thank you...

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.

OdT Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by EdM
I don't do business with them anymore either. Their shipping policies to Alaska suck. Plenty of options to choose from elsewhere.

Jeff

See above post...

Yeah they only charge an additional $10 bucks to ship to Alaska.. Since it’s being shipped outside continental United States. We don’t have post offices here in Alaska.. insert a lot of sarcasm with this post. I won’t order from them after trying order brass and they were going charging 18 bucks to ship here to Alaska. No thank you...

Try living down here with the rest of the lunatics. $10 is cheap!

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
I do most of my ordering from them and Brownells.

May not be the cheapest, but they have a lot in stock.

I am MAGA.
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by OdT
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by EdM

Jeff

See above post...

Lol i guess the issue is where is this 10 bucks going when midway is putting these items in a flat rate shipping box.. Good ol Larry
getting money to make his fireside chat videos lol..

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
OdT Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by OdT
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by EdM

Jeff

See above post...

Lol i guess the issue is where is this 10 bucks going when midway is putting these items in a flat rate shipping box.. Good ol Larry
getting money to make his fireside chat videos lol..

Right on. Seems like the same old song and dance from Larry, no matter what you need or where it’s going. At least he takes a chit in the box and marks it guaranteed. Lol

IC B2

KMS Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yep. They quit giving dealer discounts and then tried to me that I was somehow getting a better deal. I haven't ordered anything from them since.

Kelly
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 257heaven
I still buy from them. You just have to know what's a good deal and what's not.

^^^This^^^

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
1) They have their eCommerce site down pat. Flows smoothly. Works well. Makes it EASY to order from them.

2) They have a wide variety of material listed on their eComm site. While they are not always the cheapest, frequently, they will have items in stock when others do not.

3) Their Customer Service SUCKS when you have a problem. Polite, but not customer oriented.

Back when primers were in short supply, I put Federal 205 GMM on my Midway "In Stock" notification list. First In Stock Notification, tried to order about 27 minutes after the notification email. Already sold out. One month later, second notification, logged in again 15 to 18 minutes after the email arrived. Sold out, again . Frustrating, because Midway would not allow back orders on primers like they did everything else. Third notification, I logged in immediately, and managed to snag two cases.

A week later, no shipping info. I called. "Oh, your primers are sitting in the Customer Pick Up location here at our shop waiting for you to pick them up..." Living in Kentucky, I have NEVER ordered anything form Midway for customer pickup. Asked them to ship them to me. "O.K." Several days later, still no shipping info. Called again. Supposedly, while the two cases were being moved from the Customer Pickup area back to Shipping, they were set down long enough to be picked up to fulfill another order. Arggghhh.... My credit card was charged at the original transaction. No amount of reasoning would convince them to simply "Back Order" the primers so that two cases, that I had already paid for, would be set aside out of the next shipment. Cancelled my order. They did promptly refund my credit card.

Immediately, went to Cabela's website. The primers were back ordered. Placed a back order. A month later, the two cases of (unobtanium) Federal 205 GMM primers showed up on my door step. Cabela's had some type of promotion at that time. Total Delivered Cost from Cabela's was less than the list price at Midway BEFORE tax, shipping, and handling were added on. Three to four months of frustration with Midway, and no primers. One month of "fire and forget" with Cabela's, primers are in hand, with zero drama...

I still do a fair amount of business with Midway. However, they are no longer my preferred vendor. They only get my business when they are the lowest cost, or, the only eComm site that has the desired product in stock.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Kodiakisland
Midway was great in the 80's and early 90's. Last 15 years or so they are my second or third source for things. Sometimes they are the only one with stock, and sometimes they are the cheapest, but not often.

This pretty well sums up how I feel. I like to look around the Midway site or flyers once in a while and have no problem with there customer service but unless they're the only company with something I'm looking for in stock there's, nothing about Midway to separate them from their competitors and I can usually find it cheaper some place else.

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S

Wow complaining about Midway USA is kind of a reach,

I could beleive complaining about prices at Cabelas, but midway has good pricing on a bunch of stuff, the site is killer, and they ship fast.

I look at them first because of the shipping is quick, but to expect them to be the cheapest on everything all the time is just naive

I find customers to be a bigger pain in the Arse at a store than the employee’s - so if some uber picky people don’t want to use them - all good... At least the employee’’s won’t have to deal with customers who are more time consuming.

I.E. - Unless they screwed you over (not) I don’t see any loss for them, or me if some guys don’t use them.

Cup half full ?

IC B3

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

I use Midway quite a bit

When I die I hope I don't start voting democrat.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Spotshooter

Wow complaining about Midway USA is kind of a reach,

I could beleive complaining about prices at Cabelas, but midway has good pricing on a bunch of stuff, the site is killer, and they ship fast.

I look at them first because of the shipping is quick, but to expect them to be the cheapest on everything all the time is just naive

I find customers to be a bigger pain in the Arse at a store than the employee’s - so if some uber picky people don’t want to use them - all good... At least the employee’’s won’t have to deal with customers who are more time consuming.

I.E. - Unless they screwed you over (not) I don’t see any loss for them, or me if some guys don’t use them.

Cup half full ?

I haven't seen where anyone is bashing Midway so much as stating that there are usually better prices to be had on other sites and equal customer service. Pre internet Midway and Brownell's were two of a small number of big suppliers with hard to find items in stock. In today's market nothing really distinguishes Midway from the pack and price wise they tend to run a little high

Last edited by Mittenman; 12/30/17.
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
I've been a customer of Midway for forty years. Not ordered much the last few years cause there just isn't much I need now.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I would strongly disagree that, "nothing distinguished Midway from the pack." They have the best eCommerce site in the industry, that I'm aware of, by far. And in my experience, their customer service is first rate.

Furthermore, I'd much rather give my money to an ardent NRA supporter in Larry Potterfield than say Jeff Bezos at Amazon. I'll even pay a couple bucks more to buy from Midway than some of the competitors.

Their shipping is the fastest in the business. It does cost a little more, but they almost always offer free shipping on orders over $99 bucks.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I just purchased from Midway a Choate stock set for my model 37 Ithaca...It was actually cheaper than if purchased directly from the manufacturer. I generally do a search and will deal with whatever reputable company pops up with the product in stock at a fair net price (shipping ,tax).

Patron member, NRA, Life Member SCI,
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I have no problems with them. I buy from them and others, depending on price and availability. Bought some on sale dies from them recently at a very good price b

NRA Patron
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I buy occasionally from them, but have no loyalty there. I'd probably buy more if every TV ad didn't have to have that dork Potterfield's face on it. Same goes with eharmony, having that geriatric old fart giving advice to some twenty something on dating. He can disappear too.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Ordering dies from PSA that I needed relatively soon made me appreciate the great service I receive from Midway.

$$$ TRUMP AT THE PUMP 2024 $$$
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I use them. Convenient

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I like Midway. Great website, fast shipping and I have no beef with them being a little more expensive on occasion.
And, given the way they gave the OP the grumpy-grumps, I'd say they're also a pretty good judge of character. whistle

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

77 members (Akhutr, 358wsm, 2500HD, 1_deuce, 12 invisible), 1,529 guests, and 892 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,242
Posts18,485,921
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.