Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by satx78247
To All,

Inasmuch as ONLY 31% of American adults, as I write these lines, TRUST the National media to be "even somewhat" HONEST and/or FAIR, the press has RUINED itself & perhaps FOREVER.

Public TRUST, once lost, is difficult or impossible to regain.

yours, tex

And I bet that of that 31%, 30% are libbies..

As to your comment re: public trust - I couldn't agree more.. The MSM have killed themselves via leaving actual 'news' and bringing nothing but 'opinion' to the airways and print..

All I can say is, "well, BYE"..

smile

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
GB1

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
OAN doesn't have a bunch of "experts" giving comments\slant on news.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

I don't want a pro or anti Trump press. I want press to do their job, report the news, not their impression of the news, just the news.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
I sure wish we had another network other than Fox for conservatives.

I think it would be hugely successful.

http://www.oann.com/

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by alpinecrick

The world will continue to take two steps forward and one step back regardless of predictions that God will change it. Although it is quite interesting that Mark Taylor predicts the news media will be bought by the wealthy with a different agenda than the current one in the press. It's quite possible that some of the major news outlets could change if they were bought by someone with a different political philosophy.

Is it starting to take shape?

Donald J. Trump
Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
The Failing New York Times has a new publisher, A.G. Sulzberger. Congratulations! Here is a last chance for the Times to fulfill the vision of its Founder, Adolph Ochs, “to give the news impartially, without fear or FAVOR, regardless of party, sect, or interests involved.” Get...

Donald J. Trump
Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
....impartial journalists of a much higher standard, lose all of your phony and non-existent “sources,” and treat the President of the United States FAIRLY, so that the next time I (and the people) win, you won’t have to write an apology to your readers for a job poorly done! GL

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
IC B2

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Squirt a satellite in the sky and let Bannon run that too.

Trump Won!
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
JMR40,

ALL that I want from the madia is 100% HONESTY, basic DECENCY & essential FAIRNESS in every sort of reporting, whether broadcasted over the public airwaves and/or in print media.

CURRENTLY, that is NOT TRUE of the vast majority of the "reporting" by the mass media.

yours, tex

"VICTORY OR DEATH"

William Barrett Travis, Lt.Col., comdt.
Fortress of The Alamo, Bejar
F'by 24, 1836
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Decency and fairness by who's standards? At some point there needs to be a definition of what is fair and decent. Since they won't acknowledge God, they use their own standards, which is why it (reporting) is neither fair nor decent.It always comes back to man wanting to be his own God.

LOL
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Originally Posted by JMR40
Fox leans so hard to the right they are laughable, .......

Fox opinion shows? Yes. Fox news? Not so much. There is a distinction and not without a difference.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
I sure wish we had another network other than Fox for conservatives.

I think it would be hugely successful.

I'm just glad we have one! Think about what would have happened had Fox not been around during the obama years.

Dissing Fox seems to be some weird sport that makes about as much sense as a pheasant hunter who only shoots hens.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
IC B3

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by JMR40
I don't want a "Pro trump" press. I want a fair and honest press. We're not getting that from anywhere. Fox leans so hard to the right they are laughable, CNBC, so far to the left they are laughable. CNN leans pretty hard to the left, but sadly you'll come closer to fair honest reporting there than the other 2 options.

It is the job of the press and 2nd amendment to keep the government honest. We are living in dangerous times if the press can't be trusted and we are getting our information from the government.

I agree about not wanting a partial press in any regard, but your thoughts about the Communist News Network being fair and honest make my blood boil. I'd sooner hang them all as look at them. Lying POS that they all are.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Fireball2,

Pardon me for pointing out that most any adult, of reasonably normal IQ, know what common decency & fairness means, though they may NOT be able to give you "a formal definition" W/O looking in a dictionary.

yours, tex

"VICTORY OR DEATH"

F'by 24, 1836
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
To All,

I really don't think that we need a PRO-Trump press but (imvho) we REALLY NEED a TRUTHFUL & FAIR press that doesn't constantly LIE to the readers/viewers.
(SOME of the "wild stories": about "shootings of Parish Prison inmates, to save them from drowning" & the reports of mass murder, cannibalism & mass rape of children, that were "told on the news" during KATRINA were DISGUSTING & 100% FALSE.= I was there with one of the NGOs & I know how dishonest that much of the "news coverage" was.)

The "mainstream press" reported that MANY people perished at the LA SUPERDOME. = The facts are: FOUR people died there:
1. an 89YO man died olf old age.
2. A 55YO woman went into diabetic shock & died. - She COULD have died at home, too.
\3. One YM fell off a scaffold, while repairing the ceiling lights
and
4. . a YW (true name & age unknown) jumped or fell from am upstairs balcony railing that she was WALKING ON.
(4 deaths, while regrettable, is NOT "many" deaths.)

As I've said elsewhere the First Amendment protects FREE SPEECH & even outrageous lies BUT what a person CAN do is often what they SHOULD NOT do.

yours, tex

Last edited by satx78247; 01/07/18. Reason: clarity/grammar

"VICTORY OR DEATH"

F'by 24, 1836
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

254 members (1minute, 10gaugemag, 2500HD, 2ndwind, 300_savage, 40 invisible), 2,298 guests, and 1,037 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,650
Posts18,512,587
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.