Hop To
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
R
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
Compared to older models?
All things being equal would you prefer a NIB VXIII to a VX3i?
VX3 to VARIX III?

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've had zero issue with any of mine. Glass has improved with each generation. I'm happy with the VX3i line.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The VX-3i is a superior scope to the VX-3.

Leupold is now and has always been a reliable brand making reliable products. If you get any Leupold optic and have any issues with it Leupold will correct that issue, no worries.
The reality is they make and sell more scopes than most companies and product failure rate is extremely low.

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
http://www.cameralandny.com
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

[Linked Image from monstermuleys.com]
C
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C
Originally Posted by gr8fuldoug

Leupold is now and has always been a reliable brand making reliable products. If you get any Leupold optic and have any issues with it Leupold will correct that issue, no worries.
The reality is they make and sell more scopes than most companies and product failure rate is extremely low.

I agree and I would take Leupold over all those new FAKE brands every time!

Last edited by CZ_Hunter; 12/31/17.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Leupold has a great warranty but it does little good when the scope's reticle spring failed while moving the elevation turret during a coues wt hunt. Happened to me TWICE. Just cannot abide with a possible issue. Tags in Az are rare and not interested in missing or worse wounding a big game animal. I am moving all my Leupolds to varmint or target rigs where a failure is no big deal. Serious big game hunting where I have the need to twist a turret will have me using SWFA SS scopes.

Last edited by Azshooter; 12/31/17.
IC B2

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by gr8fuldoug

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

What he said.

I sold optics for 22 years and return rate on Leupold was significantly under 1%

I have tried a few others, and keep going back to Leupold..

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by ingwe

I have tried a few others, and keep going back to Leupold..

Didn't you have one fail on your .270, that one time???

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It was at band camp, and you don't want to know why/how it failed...

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

I sold optics for 22 years and return rate on Leupold was significantly under 1%

I’m guessing you’d be unaware of most problems, as the majority of faulty/failed scopes would be sent directly from the consumer to Leupold for repair or replacemenr, bypassing the retailer. A few guys may return it to the retailer, but my guess is that they’d be in the minority, given that most people buying a Leupold are aware of the company’s reputation for warranty service.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I have many leupolds, about 20. Have had one handgun scope shoot loose. It was fixed and repaired free in about 15 days.
I’ll buy more of them and always consider them first when I need another scope.

NRA Patron
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Personally, warranty ranks somewhere down my priority list, certainly nowhere near the top, when considering a scope purchase. I haven't tried anything newer than the VX3/FX3, because I’ve had multiple failures from that generation and even the Vari-X generation (mostly frequent and unacceptable amounts of zero shift), but had better luck with the M7/M8 scopes.

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
I was a dyed in the wool Leupold man, since the early 90's. However, the last 2 out of 4 Leupolds I have bought have crapped out. The tracking on the other 2 are very inconsistent and make sighting in a PIA. I was in denial for a while, but have decided to try other things. I have not tried anything newer than their VX3 or FX3.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I've had Leupold scopes for 30+ years and never had a problem with them. I have 4 or 5 of the VariXII's and 3 2x handgun scopes. They all hold zero and they get the job done. I'm a fan.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I guess bashing Leupold is the in thing for knob twirlers.I never shoot more than 400 yards and have no need to twirl my knob.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
You'd have to have your head in the sand to not realize Leupold has major problems.

I saw three Leupolds quit, just this fall.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Huntz
I guess bashing Leupold is the in thing for knob twirlers.I never shoot more than 400 yards and have no need to twirl my knob.

This^^^^^
I never knew Leupold had problems until I started hanging out on the Fire. I've had a couple fail but they were fixed to my satisfaction. I think the knob twisters are most of the knocks and they never have tracked very well IME but for us set and forgeters, they work fine.

I am continually astounded at how quickly people make up their minds on little evidence or none at all.
Jack O'Connor
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith

I’m guessing you’d be unaware of most problems, as the majority of faulty/failed scopes would be sent directly from the consumer to Leupold for repair or replacemenr, bypassing the retailer. A few guys may return it to the retailer, but my guess is that they’d be in the minority, given that most people buying a Leupold are aware of the company’s reputation for warranty service.

Yeah...they instituted that program just prior to my departure from the biz...and if the Leupold problems are more recent ( which seems to be the case...) I haven't sold them in 6 years.....but Ive bought them in that time, and they've all worked!

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by prairie_goat
You'd have to have your head in the sand to not realize Leupold has major problems.

I saw three Leupolds quit, just this fall.

What happened, each instance? Thanks

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Originally Posted by Huntz

Actually no, I am a set and forget guy and never shoot game past 500 yards. I do swap scopes on rifles from time to time, and I shoot more than 10 rounds a year. I always check my zero after major travel, and a couple times during the season for good measure. In doing so, I have found the problems.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I’m a “set and forgetter”. Never had a problem with Leupold scopes in over 30 yrs. Just lucky I guess.......

If we live long enough, we all have regrets. But the ones that nag at us the most are the ones in which we know we had a choice.

Doug
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

197 members (17CalFan, 2500HD, 10gaugemag, 257_X_50, 10ring1, 24 invisible), 2,066 guests, and 1,114 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,502
Posts18,490,503
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.