Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
All shooting sports can require different skill sets... bullseye doesn't make you a good combat shooter etc... even IDPA/IPSC doesnt' make you a good self defense shooter necessarily.

The badges prove you did better than most, at whatever match that was.

I shot 2 pistol leg matches, won 20 points, borrowed guns and ammo. And screwed the 3rd match with cross fire in rapid string. Never have gone back to finish it out to be double, but have no doubt I could.

It doesn't prove anything more than it does, and the only reason I was good enough with a pistol is becuase I was fairly good with a rifle at the time.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
GB1

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by pete53
distinguished awards are nice, but I know I real nice gentleman who has a distinguished pistol badge I does shoot very well, but this was kinda funny during a pistol carry class ,he showed the class how well he can shoot just for a nice demonstration ,then he ask anyone want to try this and he ranks about 15 in pistol shooting at the time and like I said he is a super nice guy and was going to let anyone who wanted too use his custom pistol too. my 21 year old son said he would try it but just wanted to use his glock 40 caliber pistol ,son beat him twice in a role and has no badges just a kid who likes to shoot a pistol. he came home and wanted to try these pistol shoots all over the country and the nice guy that has a distinguished pistol badge thought he should too. I told him dad " that`s me " can`t afford it and you are in college so keep your grades up!

How did your son fair in a pistol leg match? There is the part thats not mentioned. And he may well have won it had he attended but you still have to compare apples to oranges.

I suspect you could beat me at F Class. I suspect I"d beat you in service rifle irons....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

250 members (338reddog, 01Foreman400, 160user, 2UP, 257 mag, 35, 23 invisible), 1,786 guests, and 924 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,505
Posts18,490,623
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.