Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
Had a swing out Derringer belt buckle. Really liked the wooden stocked bolt action rifles with the dummy round. My cousin had a suction cup dart gun, sxs. I lusted after that one. Ironically, I finally got a real sxs and ended up giving to my son. He liked it a lot and shot it well. Many rounds downrange on ducks and geese, with that! He did end up giving me a fox model b. I think he felt bad....

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Razz
Originally Posted by passport
We were poor, the only toy I had was a chicken head.

We were even less well off. Cut holes in my pants front pockets!

My older Uncle tells me they were so poor if it wasn't for his dick he wouldn't have had anything to play with HAHA

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
http://www.evelknievelstuntcycle.com/images/1974-evel-knievel-trail-bike-.jpg

I really liked the Evel Knievel crank toys. I had the stunt cycle, chopper, funny car and dragster. Great toys

Who is John Galt?
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
I never owned a BB gun, of any kind. For my 7th birthday, however, I got a Winchester 67A "Boys Rifle" smile
I carried that thing about a million miles - going to bring in the milk cow, and just roaming. "Don't shoot towards the highway, buildings, or livestock."
My daughter "seized" it from me, back she was going to college. smile

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Gi joe... had the jeep , space capsule, parachute gear
Metal die cast ww2 tanks from grants dept stores. Fiberglass bows. Bb guns . Hot wheels factory( worlds most hazardous toy😃)
Make model battleships set em fire on big puddles floating, shoot em with bb guns reenact the sinking of the bismark😃

All the normal chit you could do in late 60,s and early 70,s that involved fire , destruction ,bb guns and bows, and growing up hanging out in the woods.

Oh I also forgot experimental things to blow chit up. Bad idea to take a 100 string of fire crackers stick em in a baggie and get a chit load of frog eggs in a plastic bucket and play chicken with your buds , lite em off and shove em down in the bucket and see who won't run 1st🤓
Our
Around 6th grade we all learned how to make hand held "cannons" with soda cans, duct tape, tin snips and lighter fliud shoot tennis balls out of em or slide a Pringles can down over the muzzle, things had some power and range, we also used them in our bb guns wars in the woods, some of the wars got pretty viscous at times. We did use old school google,s. Certain kids from the neighborhood and school tried for acceptance in the group of 8-10 of us. Most never came back to "play".😃😃😃

The cell phone nowadays is everything to people, living their lives vicariously through electronics .

Last edited by renegade50; 01/03/18.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image][Linked Image]

I had one of the rocket launchers back in the late 50s or early 60s.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
Originally Posted by Polecat
I can't believe nobody mentioned the balsa wood airplanes with a rubber band to wind up the propeller, those things were great. I used to pick up beer and pop bottles along side the road so I could get the 10cents needed to buy one. The little green army men had it rough, a buried firecracker was a land mine and the BB gun was enemy fire.

Lee

Definitely a lost source of income for kids these days. Fortunately folks littered like crazy in the 50's and into the 60's so about a half hour's scrounging through vacant lots by the sides of roads produced enough used pop bottles at 2 cents deposit each to get a comic book or candy or sometimes both. And it kept the litter down. wink

"No deposit - " no return" killed an industry. smile

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by k20350
Originally Posted by Razz
Originally Posted by passport
We were poor, the only toy I had was a chicken head.

We were even less well off. Cut holes in my pants front pockets!

My older Uncle tells me they were so poor if it wasn't for his dick he wouldn't have had anything to play with HAHA

That's a good one!

Figures don't lie, But Liars figure
Assumption is the mother of mistakes
M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
This old metal truck is at least 63 years old. I'm 65 and remember riding on top as a toddler. We had a house fire when I was 15. The truck was in the attic on the other end of the house. Actually, this is the only thing I had left from the fire. The truck sits on permanent display on top of a cabinet in our kitchen.

[Linked Image]

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

546 members (10gaugemag, 257Bob, 222Sako, 1badf350, 1234, 1Longbow, 65 invisible), 13,712 guests, and 1,045 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,160
Posts18,542,841
Members74,058
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.