Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Earlier today, I sent out a check to hold space for fly in 7 day hunt the second week of the season. Hoping the weather co-operates. If nothing else, its a great time to pick blueberries.
Life seems just a little better having something like that to look forward to.
Thanks to all for the various comments. They helped getting me off dead center.

Last edited by fishdog52; 01/11/18.

Imagine your grave on a windy winter night. You've been dead for 70 years.
It's been 50 since a visitor last paused at your tombstone.....
Now explain why you're in a pissy mood today.
GB1

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by fishdog52

Life seems just a little better having something like that to look forward to.

Well said! I wish you good luck, make sure you do a nice write up when you get back 👍

Stuck in airports, Terrorized
Sent to meetings, Hypnotized
Over-exposed, Commercialized
Handle me with Care...
-Traveling Wilbury's
M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
I bow hunted in Newfoundland in 2005. If I had a rifle I could have killed about 15 moose, 10 caribou and 1 really nice bear. Instead I carried a bow which left me eating tag. The only food we had to eat was salmon and mayo sandwiches that weren't fit for human consumption because the mayo was kept under the sink of the cabin unrefrigerated. Luckily there were lots of blueberries to eat, which is what I ate. That's why I'm on a gun board instead of a bowhunting board. I guess I'm not a good enough hunter to get that close, but I still like blueberries. Oh well it only cost $5000. The outfitter was horrible, but the memories still make me smile somehow.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
mngunhead,
Some of the most interesting situations either begin with "Hold my beer" of end with " We'll laugh about this in a few years."
Sounds like you managed to find a truly sorry excuse for an outfitter. Can only hope he is out of the business.

Imagine your grave on a windy winter night. You've been dead for 70 years.
It's been 50 since a visitor last paused at your tombstone.....
Now explain why you're in a pissy mood today.
M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
The worst part of the hunt was when I glassed a giant bear, probably 350-400 pounder eating blueberries on a hillside about 3/4 of a mile away and the guide wouldn't let me make a stalk. He said there was no way I could have got close enough and it was too dangerous with just a bow. I guess the money I spent on the bear tag was only meant for the bear bait stands that they didn't put bait on. I do hope they're out of business. I'm not a spiteful guy, but I would hate for another fellow hunter to get screwed the way I did. I don't remember the name of the outfitter service, but the owners name was Angus.

IC B2

M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
I just looked it up. It's Crabbes River Outfitters. Angus Kettle is the owner. If you bowhunt, go elsewhere. If you rifle hunt, they'll do okay as long as you don't mind living on rancid mayo and salmon sandwiches. Oh, and another fact. I paid big bucks to bring a case of beer for me an my hunting buddy to have up at camp the guides drank it all. What do you know, I am spiteful.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

518 members (10gaugemag, 01Foreman400, 1234, 160user, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 66 invisible), 2,413 guests, and 1,235 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,320
Posts18,487,413
Members73,969
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.