Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 24 of 27 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 27
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Starman
For God to issue rewards in Heaven, they surely must have a God given purpose and value.
Yet you seem to cheapen and dismiss the value of such rewards that God has in store for those
that will have in Gods eyes, earnt them.

Nope. Not saying that at all. What I am saying is that our due reward, that is, for what we have Really "earned" is... A Free, all expense paid, trip to Hell.

That He has made a way of escape AND that He would be so gracious to allow me into His pressence is a BIG deal to me, Personally. And ALL else pales in light of that.

"I'd rather have an Army of Asses led by a Lion, than an Army of Lions led by an Ass." (George Washington)
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
In other words, I cherish the Rewarder more than I would any reward.

Let's say my dad died and I was apart from him. Imagine that durring my grief he came back to life and showed up at my house with a new job proposal for me.
Can you see how the new job just doesn't matter..?

I mean, after all, I am with my Dad..!!!

"I'd rather have an Army of Asses led by a Lion, than an Army of Lions led by an Ass." (George Washington)
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 358wsm
What I am saying is that our due reward, that is, for what we have Really "earned" is... A Free, all expense paid, trip to Hell.

God would not issue rewards to those in Heaven lest they be rightfully earned and deserving of such.

Appreciating that God also has rewards for those that bother to earn them, demonstrates ones total respect and value
for the Rewarder and ALL He has to offer.

Let's say my dad died and I was apart from him. Imagine that durring my grief he came back to life and showed up at my house with
a new job proposal for me. Can you see how the new job just doesn't matter..?

So if your Father graciously allowed you to live in his Home/Temple for eternity and told you your new job (as a reward)
was a higher position in the Temple in service to God,...it means squat to you - doesn't matter?

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
'Watch yourselves, that you do not lose what we (the Apostles labored to bring a message) have worked for, that you might be fully rewarded." (2 John 1:8)

Watch out for what.? Here it is... running ahead without remaining in who He is.
"Anyone who runs ahead without remaining in the teaching of Christ, does not have God,. Whoever remains in his teaching has both the father and the Son. (2 John 1:9)

The reward..? Fellowship with the God Head.

Now THERE is a reward that I can get excited about.

But Hey..!!! If He wants to give someone a new job or complimentary bottle of wine to somebody, then I say let's party and celebrate. That's cool, but my reward will be His fellowship.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
What I am saying is that our due reward, that is, for what we have Really "earned" is... A Free, all expense paid, trip to Hell.

God would not issue rewards to those in Heaven lest they be rightfully earned and deserving of such.

Appreciating that God also has rewards for those that bother to earn them, demonstrates ones total respect and value
for the Rewarder and ALL He has to offer.

Let's say my dad died and I was apart from him. Imagine that durring my grief he came back to life and showed up at my house with
a new job proposal for me. Can you see how the new job just doesn't matter..?

So if your Father graciously allowed you to live in his Home/Temple for eternity and told you your new job (as a reward)
was a higher position in the Temple in service to God,...it means squat to you - doesn't matter?

You are correct. In comparrison to being with Him, it really doesn't equate.

Last edited by 358wsm; 01/06/18.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Everything you say regarding reward in Heaven, seems to be about what would please you and not God.

God will reward because He is pleased with a persons works.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Nothing I desire compares with Him... it's taken awhile to get there.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Nothing I desire compares with Him... it's taken awhile to get there.

Again you selfishly persist in talking in context of your desires not Gods.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My works.?
My works are as filthy rags to Him.

Besides, it is He that wills and works within and through us, so where's the credit going?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

I am pretty sure that if my desire is Him alone, that ain't an issue to Him.

BTW, I appreciate the conversation, Starman.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Again, God will reward those in Heaven that do works that please him.

Heavenly Reward from God is an expression of his appreciation and love.

how that can be valued as squat or insignificant, I fail to understand.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Imagine my selfishness in thinking "If I perform well today, do a good deed, then I am going to get another jewel in my crown...talk about selfish motives.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
For the third time..

..what if ones 'reward' in Heaven was a higher position in the Fathers House/Temple in humble service to God?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

There are and were those who wanted the "Blessings" of Jesus but wanted nothing to do with Him.

I would appreciate whatever He wanted to give me, but nowhere as much as what He Has already given me in simply loving me and befriending me, and welcoming me in.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I would appreciate whatever He wanted to give me,...

What If he wanted to give you opportunity to earn reward in Heaven so that you can be of better service to the Father
while graciously living in his home for eternity?

After such a gracious offer, why would you not want to serve him better while in Heaven?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
For the third time..

..what if ones 'reward' in Heaven was a higher position in the Fathers House/Temple in humble service to God?

What if ones "position" was that he was to be seated in heavenly places with Christ Jesus.?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

I would appreciate whatever He wanted to give me,...

What If he wanted to give you opportunity to earn reward in Heaven so that you can be of better service to the Father
while graciously living in his home for eternity?

I could dig it.

But what can I earn.? He has paid for it all. Sure, he might appoint me to a position, but rest assured it won't be because I have earned ANYTHING.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Everything you say regarding reward in Heaven, seems to be about what would please you and not God.

God will reward because He is pleased with a persons works.

My saying that my works amount to spit, seems to be interpreted by you seeing me as selfish.

But your focus on "good works" somehow gaining you a reward sounds a little Morman to me. My buddy that is having me build his house was Morman, so the flavor of your focus to familiar to me.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

But what can I earn.? He has paid for it all. Sure, he might appoint me to a position,
but rest assured it won't be because I have earned ANYTHING.

Why would God reward anyone for works if they haven't earnt it in Gods evaluation?

Works are tested by God and if they pass the flame test, Heavenly reward is rightfully earnt.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

But what can I earn.? He has paid for it all. Sure, he might appoint me to a position,
but rest assured it won't be because I have earned ANYTHING.

Why would God reward anyone for works if they haven't earnt it in Gods evaluation?

Heavenly rewards are earnt.

Sounds like a page right out of Smith's handbook.

Page 24 of 27 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 27

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

458 members (06hunter59, 17CalFan, 19rabbit52, 160user, 163bc, 1lesfox, 42 invisible), 2,793 guests, and 1,136 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,655
Posts18,533,871
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.