Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
K
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
K
Harder to believe that people buy optics from China or Hong Kong sellers and expect them to be legit, just discounted. Haha. The picture of a totally different box should be the first clue.

GB1

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

It's a lot easier to hit the Buy It Now button and get what you want in less than a week, rather than trying to order through the Custom Shop and wait around.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
After having sold fishing lures on eBay for the last 6 or 7 years, I believe it is the mentality that "I am not letting anyone outbid me"...a regular spitting contest no matter how much they end up giving for the item. I have tried to sell lures for a BIN price and after not getting it sold, I will put it up for auction and on more than one occasion I will get more for the lure than I had it at a BIN price.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Ruger77Shooter
After having sold fishing lures on eBay for the last 6 or 7 years, I believe it is the mentality that "I am not letting anyone outbid me"...a regular spitting contest no matter how much they end up giving for the item. I have tried to sell lures for a BIN price and after not getting it sold, I will put it up for auction and on more than one occasion I will get more for the lure than I had it at a BIN price.

Key to Gunbroker anyway is to start at a penny with no reserve. That way you make it on everyone's watch list, because they don't want anyone else getting that damn gun for less than it's worth!

LOL
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by SockPuppet
What really gets me about auctions is when people don't even look at/inspect the items. They hear the auctioneer throw out what seems like a low price and they say 'heck, that's a good deal!' Then they get wrapped up in the auction and pay too much. Saw a guy buy a Winchester M70 at an auction for what seemed like a 'great' price. Until he picked it up after the auction and actually looked at it. Beat up, rust, pitting, you name it.

Auctions are like most things in life: If you go in without a plan your likelihood of getting screwed is multiplied by 100.

kinda sounds like what one gets when they elect democRATs into office....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

IC B2

K
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by 5sdad
You've never really seen the epitome of "pay more than it's worth" until you've seen a firearm sold at a farm auction.

This is so true and I never understood it for the life of me. I was at one over at the farm show building in Harrisburg and these beat up Marlins were going for like $600+ and at the time you could buy a new one for $400! These were not collector anything just old Marlin 336 30-30's that looked like they spent the better part of their life in the back of a pick up truck.

NRA Lifetime Endowment Member
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

The favored storage location in this area is in the drive-through of a corn crib.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
We used to go to mechanical contractors auctions. Used junkie drill motors, gang boxes, bandsaws, rotor hammers, you name it sometimes would sell in lots of 50 for more above what they would have cost new. It was crazy. We did buy 20,000 dollars worth of test balls for 500.00 once. Buying frenzy is a good word for it.

Last edited by hanco; 01/13/18.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

562 members (10gaugeman, 1936M71, 1minute, 1badf350, 17CalFan, 68 invisible), 2,388 guests, and 1,360 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,686
Posts18,494,019
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.