Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I like the rounded back strap.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
He sure can shoot. Seems like he is even better with this FN!

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
I handled one soon after they hit the market. I liked it a lot. Only complaint I had was that, due to the mag release being true ambi, your right palm can block it while you try to press it with your thumb. Not unworkable, but makes it hard to use. The guy behind the counter admitted he had noticed the same thing.

Like Hickok says, though, how likely is it you will ever need a fast reload after firing 18 rounds?

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I know were all about talking guns here so we ponder this or that but I guess with a bunch of 9mm glocks I am kind of locked in and wonder to myself "is this that much better"?

[Linked Image]

IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by jimmyp
I know were all about talking guns here so we ponder this or that but I guess with a bunch of 9mm glocks I am kind of locked in and wonder to myself "is this that much better"?

[Linked Image]

Same here.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Nice gun

.....for plastic.

Gun Shows are almost as comical as boat ramps in the Spring.
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
pinto or vega same/same

Trump Won!
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
camry vs honda same same,.., pinto vs vega is Hi-point vs Taurus. whistle

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Nah, Vegas just broke down all the time, Pintos had a habit of blowing up, we used to call them Trunk Bombs. One time I saw a Pinto whose owner had lost the gas cap and used a red shop rag instead, I laughed so hard I cried.

'Four legs good, two legs baaaad."
----------------------------------------------
"Jimmy, some of it's magic,
Some of it's tragic,
But I had a good life all the way."
(Jimmy Buffett)

SotG
IC B3

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I really like his videos. I can't stop watching them.

MM879

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I loved my Pinto. 😊

If we live long enough, we all have regrets. But the ones that nag at us the most are the ones in which we know we had a choice.

Doug
B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
Buddy of mine has one we ran 100 rounds out of it, I like it,feels good to the hand accurate, Overall A nice pistol. Don’t know if you guys are into torture test but this is a Interesting video.https://youtu.be/mkaYMhSUIeo

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"Better, best", it's all REALLY subjective. I acknowledge that Glock's are great pistols, but they really just don't blow my skirt up.
These days there are a bunch of truly outstanding pistols out there. I think there's so much "hive mind" that are stuck on Glocks, that some are missing out on some pistols that could possibly be better fits for them.
I have never been crazy about the grip on most Glocks, and I think there are a lot of pistols with better triggers. That isn't to say I dislike Glocks, they're great pistols...and I keep threatening to buy a 19. It's just that every time I go to pull the trigger as it were, I find something I like better.

One cool thing about my CZ P-07...it uses the same holster as a G19/23, so if I ever do buy one, I'm already set for gunleather.

I recently took the Beretta APX out for a test drive. Ergonomics were simply outstanding...reminds me of a Hi Power with Spegel grips...yeah, that good! Trigger was meh... Not bad, not great. Accuracy was decent. Can't decide if I really like it. Design wise, I think it's a very slick design. I guess I'll have to give it a few years to see how well it works.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BamBam
Buddy of mine has one we ran 100 rounds out of it, I like it,feels good to the hand accurate, Overall A nice pistol. Don’t know if you guys are into torture test but this is a Interesting video.https://youtu.be/mkaYMhSUIeo
There has only been one pistol that has passed MAC's "Gauntlet" test all the way. The Rex Zero 1 (Sig 226 knock off).

I don't know how much you can put into that test. The two guns that have done the best were the Rex and CZ P07...yet few are rushing out to buy either one. I like how consistent he is in his tests, but I don't know how scientific of a test it is with a sample of ONE for each test. So pistols that do exceptionally well could be a fluke, and pistols that do surprisingly poorly can be a fluke as well. I honestly think for home defense and concealed carry, almost all of the pistols made by reputable manufacturers are more than adequately reliable for the needs of 99% of the shooters who will find one in their hands. To demand that level of reliability over and above all other considerations is probably doing yourself as a shooter a disservice, because the best performers may not the the right pistol for you.

Last edited by GunGeek; 01/09/18.
JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
I never thought I'd hear him say it.

Off the top of my head I recall him saying the same thing about the M&P 2.0 Compact and the Sig P320 Compact. In both cases he cites his history with Glock and accumulation hardware as his main reason for sticking with Glock.

Personally, if something better comes along I usually go for it. I would never let an accumulation of what has become mediocre be an obstacle.

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Ain't thinking of replacing mine yet. G 19 just works.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
I got the feeling that Hickok really does like the 509 better than the Glock. He just does not want to come out and say it outright. He threw out enough hints in this video. He is a sly dog. I have had several face to face conversations with him over the years. Fine fella' .

He bought a 509 for himself.

Gun Shows are almost as comical as boat ramps in the Spring.
G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

Retired cat herder.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by GunGeek
"Better, best", it's all REALLY subjective. I acknowledge that Glock's are great pistols, but they really just don't blow my skirt up.
These days there are a bunch of truly outstanding pistols out there. I think there's so much "hive mind" that are stuck on Glocks, that some are missing out on some pistols that could possibly be better fits for them.
I have never been crazy about the grip on most Glocks, and I think there are a lot of pistols with better triggers. That isn't to say I dislike Glocks, they're great pistols...and I keep threatening to buy a 19. It's just that every time I go to pull the trigger as it were, I find something I like better.

One cool thing about my CZ P-07...it uses the same holster as a G19/23, so if I ever do buy one, I'm already set for gunleather.

I recently took the Beretta APX out for a test drive. Ergonomics were simply outstanding...reminds me of a Hi Power with Spegel grips...yeah, that good! Trigger was meh... Not bad, not great. Accuracy was decent. Can't decide if I really like it. Design wise, I think it's a very slick design. I guess I'll have to give it a few years to see how well it works.

I don't like stock Glock triggers but on a G-19 Gen 3 ,the Ghost Rocket kit will make it as good of a striker as I've ever used, including a Walther PPQ,one of the best out of the box striker triggers ever. Just polish the stock parts,replace the firing pin block spring,and firing pin spring with the lightest one in the kit. You can cut the Ghost Rocket connector slightly past the point where the gun will fire and you will have no overtravel at all. I use the stock trigger return spring.

Now here's one part that will help but I recommend that you don't do it on a SD gun. You can cut 1.5 turns from the lightest firing pin spring in the Ghost Rocket kit and it will work fine on 9mm ammo. It will lighten the trigger even more and I've never found any 9mm ammo that won't fire because of the shortened lighter spring. I've just started doing it on my range guns but I have a buddy who has fired thousands of rounds through his over the last several years without a single light strike. Never cut the springs on anything except the 9mm guns though.

You have to make sure though that these modifications don't create an unsafe issue with your trigger safety. On some new guns the tolerances are so tight that the trigger won't reset far enough to engage the trigger safety with the spring mods.Don't do any of these mods if you aren't comfortable in your knowledge of the platform enough to ensure you have a safe gun when you are through. When done correctly however they will give you a near two stage like trigger with a very light first stage take up and a crisp light break after the wall. The sponge like trigger will be gone.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

561 members (16penny, 160user, 10gaugemag, 1936M71, 06hunter59, 59 invisible), 2,416 guests, and 1,271 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,522
Posts18,472,608
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.