-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
taxes, healthcare, litigation, regulation, guns and butter lecture from Econ 101, diminishing returns, lack of obsolescence.

In a nutshell.

GB1

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
If the market was folks who wanted to pay $2500 for a really nice rifle its what Winchester, Ruger, Savage and Remington would be making ( Ok maybe not Remington). What we all seem to want is a Axis or American for $350, Thats what they are making.

Another issue is that there is a lot more turn over in product design these days. Rather than set a line that was going to produce mostly similar rifles for a couple of years, there are so many models and variants now that its more like Set up, run 500 or 1000, break down and set up for the next run. It seems as QC would be trickier under the new fast moving model.

The collection of taxes which are not absolutely required, which do not beyond reasonable doubt contribute to public welfare, is only a species of legalized larceny. Under this Republic the rewards of industry belong to those who earn them. Coolidge
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
it might come down to who is wanting to buy what? back in the day, the marlin 336 and the rem mdl 742 were right in line with consumer demand. and maybe they or their later descendents still are.

but it's all about price, in relation to where to shoot, how often, and is hunting on the agenda?

we can't do away with tech improvements, and material advances.

the issue now is what do the suburbanites want?

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Mathsr
Have to throw lawyers into the mix too. I'm not necessarily thinking about the ones that work for the gunmakers, but those that are so willing to sue a company for any reason or no reason. Let someone do something stupid with a firearm and to the litigious attorney, it immediately becomes the companies fault that their client was injured. The firearms company then changes all kinds of things on their firearm to make it "fool proof."

+1, Do you think "Accutrigger" has anything to do with accuracy?

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
R
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
R
Older the better for me ...no new guns ever catch my eye..I quit looking at the new gun racks years ago...this applies to just about everything from sporting goods tools chainsaws cloths dishes you name it..I find myself shopping at antique malls pawn shops and consignment auctions a lot...
My latest were the herters coat and down vest for free at auction
028 Stihl chainsaw for 100 bucks
Plano tackle box like new in a thrift store for 2 dollars
6 beer glasses at the same thrift store .50 each

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rainierrifleco
Older the better for me ...no new guns ever catch my eye..I quit looking at the new gun racks years ago...this applies to just about everything from sporting goods tools chainsaws cloths dishes you name it..I find myself shopping at antique malls pawn shops and consignment auctions a lot...
My latest were the herters coat and down vest for free at auction
028 Stihl chainsaw for 100 bucks
Plano tackle box like new in a thrift store for 2 dollars
6 beer glasses at the same thrift store .50 each

You and I have some things in common. I'd rather have old stuff. Trucks and guns anyway.

LOL
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
There’s still beautiful rifles that are as good or better than any “older” made comparable. They ain’t cheap but they’re available. The makers are doing the responsible thing and catering to what the market is demanding. Reasonably priced, accurate, plastic stocked rifles because the modern consumer isn’t a rifleman, it’s comprised of those that prefer function over form.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Seems we've become a nation of extremes. The masses mostly do seek the lowest price. There are a rare few, however, that will keep Holland & Holland in business too.

1Minute
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

573 members (12savage, 01Foreman400, 1936M71, 160user, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 55 invisible), 2,603 guests, and 1,372 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,679
Posts18,474,876
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.