Hop To
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by hicountry
Prostate cancer at 45.

I'm 60 now, and beat It.

Great news! wink

Mine was found at 59 and I'm now 70 with no detectable PSA.

I'm glad you found yours in time.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

GB1

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Lost my fourth uncle the other day. Hit us all a little hard.

Damn buddy, I'll need 30 minutes with a pad and pen to reflect, try to remember, and write em all down. smile

Trump Won!
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
i realized i belonged to the great nation-state of the usa on july 24, 1970. i did not have personal ownership. i was a subject of the state, or go to jail. that moment changed my life. it caused me to resist.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by Gus
i realized i belonged to the great nation-state of the usa on july 24, 1970. i did not have personal ownership. i was a subject of the state, or go to jail. that moment changed my life. it caused me to resist.

You or Me are no better than any other being that fought, and some fought and died for this great nation's security, did you expect preference after being raised in the land of milk and honey?, preference for being lucky enough to have been born in the greatest nation in the history of the world.

How else did it become so great?

Trump Won!
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Life is but the childhood of our immortality.

Göethe

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

IC B2

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by gunner500
Originally Posted by Gus

You or Me are no better than any other being that fought, and some fought and died for this great nation's security, did you expect preference after being raised in the land of milk and honey?, preference for being lucky enough to have been born in the greatest nation in the history of the world.

your questions are all relevant in relation to a great state of one kind or another: maybe the egyptians, the greeks, der romans, the persians, the nazi's, and many others.

we're grist for the mill, nothing else.

individuals having a real life vs. mao's desciples, and various others.

sounds to me like you believe our sole purpose is to support the latest & greatest state? of course i could be wrong.

working for the imperial emperor of japan paid pretty good, until it didn't?

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Gus

Gus you make it sound like everyday in the army was purgatory for you . It probably was if you spent all your time on base as a barracks rat complaining about nothing to do. And we all are sorry you got assigned stateside and did not get to go run in the jungle. Gawd get over it man..... you might just not be here right now if you got to go to Vietnam, maybe you was saved from the grim reaper by being at ft hood for your time in the oh sooo sh itty u.s. army...

My dad was a remf in the army, Nike missile crew member, never seen one after AIT, played catcher on the u.s. army baseball team in Germany his entire time. Never heard him piss and moan about how the army held him back or down.
He was being scouted by the Cleveland Indians in 1960. Geuss what happened .... he got drafted and all that fizzled away for him.

Never heard him bytch , the army ruined my life, the army ruined my chance

Get over it dude....

Last edited by renegade50; 01/18/18.
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by renegade50
Originally Posted by Gus

Gus you make it sound like everyday in the army was purgatory for you . It probably was if you spent all your time on base as barracks rat complaining about nothing to do. And we all are sorry you got assigned stateside and did not get to go run in the jungle. Gawd get over it man.....

thank you in all honesty for your thoughtful reply, and willingness to engage.

i was all for the war, for those who wanted to participate. more power to them.

i really didn't want to engage, but i realized i'd go to jail if i didn't. that's national service.

running to the great white north was not an option, nor a solution that made any sense. politics?

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I'm 76 now and I felt my age for the first time about 6 months ago. I've had 2 knee replacements and now need a right hip replacement, but that's not the problem. My problem is balance; I seem to be having trouble keeping it as I walk. Suggestions?

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna

Damn buddy, I'll need 30 minutes with a pad and pen to reflect, try to remember, and write em all down. smile

I bet. Sorry to hear that. These are just the latest four for us as well, but my siblings and I did seem to have this particular one hit us a little harder than we expected.

LOL
IC B3

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by Gus
Originally Posted by Gus

your questions are all relevant in relation to a great state of one kind or another: maybe the egyptians, the greeks, der romans, the persians, the nazi's, and many others.

we're grist for the mill, nothing else.

individuals having a real life vs. mao's desciples, and various others.

sounds to me like you believe our sole purpose is to support the latest & greatest state? of course i could be wrong.

working for the imperial emperor of japan paid pretty good, until it didn't?

It's the reason we were born strong men, would you not instantly take a bullet in defense of your wife, mother, child or any other innocent?

Trump Won!
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G

I bet. Sorry to hear that. These are just the latest four for us as well, but my siblings and I did seem to have this particular one hit us a little harder than we expected.

Yessir, not one single solitary one of us are guaranteed to see the sunrise in the morning. smile

We do indeed live on a thread ;]

Trump Won!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That realization and feeling came strongly when I was quite young - this happens for some due to circumstances. It always has been a frontal reality - and I think the younger, the better. Can't think of a way it has hurt my life.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna

Yessir, not one single solitary one of us are guaranteed to see the sunrise in the morning. smile

When I was young I had this weird idea that one day I would be blind, so I did as much as I could (within my means) so I'd have memories to occupy myself with when that day came. So far hasn't materialized but aches and pains from living hard is slowing me down. You never regret getting out and living as much as you can while you can.

LOL
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G

When I was young I had this weird idea that one day I would be blind, so I did as much as I could (within my means) so I'd have memories to occupy myself with when that day came. So far hasn't materialized but aches and pains from living hard is slowing me down. You never regret getting out and living as much as you can while you can.

Dang Fireball, you had much more forethought than me, when i was young I was fully convinced I was a bullet proof psycho super sonic torpedo. laugh maybe that's why they medicated me ;]

You are correct, now that we've spooled down a bit, good life reflections and memories made with family and friends are what it's all about.

Trump Won!
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Hopefully we're not done.

LOL
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I haven't. I am not religious at all though grew up in a strong Catholic family and town. I was in bed with my Mother when she died after a battle with cancer. I observed the burials of three of my grandparents and four uncles (one by suicide) as well as both of my in-laws. All said, they all seemed to just have died when their time came for whatever reason. I suspect the same will happen with me and mine.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G

We're a longshot from done, that is as long as we stay on this side of the grass.

Trump Won!
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna

We're a longshot from done, that is as long as we stay on this side of the grass.

Give em hell gunner. smile

LOL
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
I was shot at a few times as a kid and was nearly one of those folks killed by the cops.

Rolled a pickup and was about bled out by the time I walked to a house.

None of that stuff bothered me much at the time.

Having kids and watching my parents grow old has changed me some.

I take a look around and its already past the middle of the month.

Time moves so fast for me now. It puts me in a rage. I hate it.

Gawddamn I wish things would slow down some.

I am MAGA.
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

193 members (2ndwind, 10gaugemag, 338reddog, 450yukon, 1_deuce, 45_100, 33 invisible), 2,232 guests, and 1,091 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,386
Posts18,469,702
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.