Biggest Public Land Buck To Date

After shooting 3 times at a respectable deer yesterday and not cutting a hair, had to redeem myself since it was all me and nothing to do with my Steyr!!!

Me, Robert, Val, and Mike headed fer a hike and got into a great area... was up the tree by 1415 hours or so. Had trails all through the area and alot of hawg sign. I saw a doe running full blast about 300 yards then she disappeared. She popped back up and another doe was with her running. They split up and then my buck came piling out! He was on a mission to get one of them gals. He got to about 200 yards and then made a U turn!!! Called him back with Val's Old Crow grunt... This was about 1440 hours He came back and found the doe that ran closer to me and about 150 yards I let the Steyr 300 WM feed!!! He jumped and ran about 30 yards behind some brush. As he slowly walked I could tell he was hit, he stopped and I gave him a neck shot to seal the deal! Dropped in his tracks! 300 WM didn't go all the way through his neck though??? I got down and put hands on him, then hung my orange over him so I could find him later! My home made deer cart sucked and wasn't used!!! Thanks to all the guys fer helping drag him out the 600 yards!!!

Check station stats: 122 lbs gutted, 4.5 years old, 7 point, 19.5 inches Finally got the monkey off my back and truly appreciate all the help and prayers from the PFF family!!!