Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by shortactionsmoker
Actually, some 308’s shipped, but I don’t think they came in.

Any of the 7-08 versions coming soon?

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I was looking at the .308 Predator and it says it has a 18 inch barrel in the specs - is that a misprint?

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by Steelhead
One I ordered will be here tomorrow.

Restocking it or leaving it as is?

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Slidellkid
I was looking at the .308 Predator and it says it has a 18 inch barrel in the specs - is that a misprint?

No, but don't let that deter you. Mine runs about 50 fps slower than my 22" 308's. Not enough to matter. I screwed on a flash hider that adds about 2" to it and helps balance out the looks. If someone were to put a can on one the shorter length is a good thing.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
What do they mean by "AI" style?

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
accuracy international style mags

Last edited by huntsman22; 01/21/18.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Wondering if the AI style will drop in a Boyds Prairie Hunter with or W/O modification?

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
probably not drop-in, but depends which bottom metal you inlet it for

M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Thanks. Best pic i've turned up. Don't know how this would jive with the Boyds.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by MtnBoomer; 01/21/18.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Ptarmigan
SAS, I saw the free shipping anywhere in the United States pop up when I went to the site. Is Alaska considered part of the United States now? grin

For now, AK is part of the US! We’re going to monitor it and see how it goes. So to directly answer your question, AK is free shipping as well.

The only way that will change is if things don’t cost average out. I’m hoping they do. I want you guys to have the same opportunities as everybody in the lower 48!

so you do this AFTER I have bought like 7 rifles from you smile Thanks for taking care of us! Certainly will continue to have my business especially now!
I appreciate it.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Anyone tried the new stock on a older Predator?

The scientific name for an animal that doesn't either run from or fight its enemies is lunch.
- Michael Friedman

M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by TN deer hunter
Anxious to see if these new AI style stocks will fit my older Predator in 6.5 and 6mm Creed.

The cut out on the bottom of the action is larger on these rifles. I'm assuming that was done to accept the magazines. The bolt is exactly the same. (I saw a post earlier saying the bolts were different -- they're not).

Info on this was sketchy from the beginning. I was getting different info from different reps. I'll take one out of the stock tomorrow and see if it can be done.

Sure wondering about how the action cutout differs... Old rifle to new AI stock and new AI rifle to old stock... New AI rifle to old stock made for AI like an MDT LSS chassis... Buy now think later?

Also, are the changes on the new ACTIONS the same between the AR and AI versions?

Last edited by MtnBoomer; 01/22/18.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Any word if any LH variation will have a mag setup like this?

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by TN deer hunter
Anyone tried the new stock on a older Predator?

That was my plan for today, but I can't get the AI version apart. I mean, I probably could, but I'm waiting on the missing tool and slave pin. The instruction manual doesn't explain it, I had to download the online version.

In short, look at the pic boomer posted.

You have to drive the magazine release pin out with a 1/8" punch and make sure the spring don't go flying to Mars. That is the only was to access the rear screw.

There is a little plastic tool and a shorter pin. You put the release lever in tool, along with the spring and the slave pin. You then slide it back till the release lever is seated and the hole lined up. You then tap back in the pin you previously tapped out and it pushes out the slave pin on the other side.

I'll see how it goes when I get the sheit install the lever from Ruger, they are mailing it to me.

So in short, if you want to take this thing apart you need an allen wrench, punch, plastic tool and a slave pin.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S

M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Living vicariously through ya. Mine is slated for Thursday delivery and I will be gone gone gone come Thursday morning, as per usual...

--- Kid Rock 2022

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I'm betting I can get it back together without the tool/pin but I'm waiting till they show up and do it that way a time or two so I can see what the fugg is going on.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
On the plus side, it feeds perfectly. I have another 3 round and a 5 round magazine coming. Rings will be here tomorrow and I have a SS 6x42 waiting to be slapped on.

C
Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
C
Interesting change. I suppose there's no way around it if you want a higher capacity magazine, but it looks like it makes one-handed carry really awkward!

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing -- Edmund Burke
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Steelhead

That was my plan for today, but I can't get the AI version apart. I mean, I probably could, but I'm waiting on the missing tool and slave pin. The instruction manual doesn't explain it, I had to download the online version.

In short, look at the pic boomer posted.

You have to drive the magazine release pin out with a 1/8" punch and make sure the spring don't go flying to Mars. That is the only was to access the rear screw.

There is a little plastic tool and a shorter pin. You put the release lever in tool, along with the spring and the slave pin. You then slide it back till the release lever is seated and the hole lined up. You then tap back in the pin you previously tapped out and it pushes out the slave pin on the other side.

I'll see how it goes when I get the sheit install the lever from Ruger, they are mailing it to me.

So in short, if you want to take this thing apart you need an allen wrench, punch, plastic tool and a slave pin.

Thanks Steelhead keep us posted.

The scientific name for an animal that doesn't either run from or fight its enemies is lunch.
- Michael Friedman

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

531 members (1minute, 222ND, 1badf350, 10gaugemag, 204guy, 1lessdog, 58 invisible), 2,528 guests, and 1,172 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,794
Posts18,516,128
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.