Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Anybody?

Dave

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You need to get a class III permit.
Then, like supressors, every gun you buy has a big permit fee.

But, either Regan or Bush I made it impossible to legally register any class 3 weapon after about 1984.
So, the supply is very limited, the cheapest full auto you can get is $3 or 4k. Also, something like the
Kriss is obviously newer than 1984, so, you have no chance of getting one.
Unless, you are a manufacturer or a dealer who sells to leo's or government agencies. And you have them as stock or demo's.

Simple, right.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RDW
What is required to buy a SMG?

Watched some vids this morning and the KV is bada $$
You can't own a Kriss. The only civilian owned machineguns are guns that were made before 1986, and the Kriss didn't exist back then.

If your sate allows class 3, you seek out the MG you want. Contact the dealer to make a deal, put a deposit down. And the dealer will walk you through all the steps. Takes a good amount of time, but it WILL get done.

Just know, the cheapest SMG's start around $5k, and the most interesting belt fed MG's will tip 100k.

RDW Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
What a bummer, thanks for the information.

Dave

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
No such thing as a "class III permit" or license..

There are more myths and rumors about ownership of title 2 items than you can shake a suppressor at!!

Generally, private individuals can only purchase and own transferrable machine guns which had to be made before '86. In order to buy one you first must live in a state that allows ownership, if you do, you simply find a transferrable machine gun you want, fill out the transfer paperwork (generally a form 4), pay the $200 transfer tax and wait for approval of the transfer.

Cancer Sucks
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Thanks Reagan.

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I need a Thompson!!

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I shot a full auto Vector and Thompson submachine gun at Big Gun Fun in West Yellowstone, MT a few years back. It was a riot! We shot all kinds of stuff that day. IIRC it was $50 for 40 rounds. They have a freaking Gatlin gun.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

3-7-77
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by hanco
I need a Thompson!!

Originally Posted by hanco
I need a Thompson!!

thompsons depending on the model probably in the 20 to 35k territory today.
class three are allowed in arizona, you submit form 4, signoff and notification from head law enforcement agency, typically the sheriff, and submitt paperwork and 200bucks for the stamp. Just takes some time.
It is also possible to buy full auto kits in some cases where you are buying and registering the kit. As an example the parts for a m2carbine.
then they can be used in any carbine.
little less costly.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RoninPhx

class three are allowed in arizona, you submit form 4, signoff and notification from head law enforcement agency, typically the sheriff, and submitt paperwork and 200bucks for the stamp. Just takes some time.

No LEO signature required on form 4 anymore, just a notification.

Cancer Sucks
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Is it possible to build a "ghost" full auto AR 15? By that I mean take a 80% lower, machine it for full auto parts, install the correct parts and have a legal unregistered full auto AR 15?

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by GunGeek
Originally Posted by RDW
What is required to buy a SMG?

Watched some vids this morning and the KV is bada $$
You can't own a Kriss. The only civilian owned machineguns are guns that were made before 1986, and the Kriss didn't exist back then.

If your sate allows class 3, you seek out the MG you want. Contact the dealer to make a deal, put a deposit down. And the dealer will walk you through all the steps. Takes a good amount of time, but it WILL get done.

Just know, the cheapest SMG's start around $5k, and the most interesting belt fed MG's will tip 100k.

I know I've seen youtubes with non-leo/non-military folks shooting chain guns. I don't believe those existed before 1986, did they? May be a money talks thing.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by kalbrecht
Is it possible to build a "ghost" full auto AR 15? By that I mean take a 80% lower, machine it for full auto parts, install the correct parts and have a legal unregistered full auto AR 15?

Not exactly a question that should be asked/answered on an open forum!

Try a google search using the body of your post.
You'll certainly get the attention of the "overseers of our country".

Mark

NRA Life Member
Anytime anyone kicks cancers azz is a good day!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

It certainly would NOT be legal!

Cancer Sucks
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

I believe that you can legally own the components of a full auto build, but once you install the components on a firearm that convert it to a full auto configuration, you're instantly in violation of Federal law. You may remember when people were selling Sten Gun kits that required milling and assembly. The kits were legal to own and you could have the tubular receiver/frame milled, but if you assembled the parts into a firearm you were violating Federal law.

Although I've never owned one or fired a rifle with one installed, a bump-stock on an AR would seem to give you a near full-auto shooting experience legally.

BTW, the manufacturing cut-off date for legal to own full-autos and banned full-autos is May 19, 1986.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RickyD

I know I've seen youtubes with non-leo/non-military folks shooting chain guns. I don't believe those existed before 1986, did they? May be a money talks thing.

Has nothing to do with "money talks"......I have shot lots of machine guns that were built after '86, but they are not transferrable and I can't own them. I have friends that hold NFA dealer (SOT) or manufacturer licenses and they can legally possess/own post '86 machine guns under certain circumstances. These guns are known as "post '86 dealer samples".

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/atf-national-firearms-act-handbook-chapter-7/download

Cancer Sucks
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 260Remguy

I believe that you can legally own the components of a full auto build, but once you install the components on a firearm that convert it to a full auto configuration, you're instantly in violation of Federal law. You may remember when people were selling Sten Gun kits that required milling and assembly. The kits were legal to own and you could have the tubular receiver/frame milled, but if you assembled the parts into a firearm you were violating Federal law.

No sir, that is not the case with full auto stuff. It is completely legal to own/possess a post '86 drop in auto sear for an AR15........as long as you don't own/possess an AR15....

If you own/possess both an unregistered drop in auto sear and an AR15, you can be charged with "constructive possession".

Same with the Sten you described above........you could own the kit and a blank tube, but, you could not own/possess a kit and a, unregistered completed tube whether it was ever assembled or not.

Cancer Sucks
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by GonHuntin
Originally Posted by 260Remguy

No sir, that is not the case with full auto stuff. It is completely legal to own/possess a post '86 drop in auto sear for an AR15........as long as you don't own/possess an AR15....

If you own/possess both an unregistered drop in auto sear and an AR15, you can be charged with "constructive possession".

Same with the Sten you described above........you could own the kit and a blank tube, but, you could not own/possess a kit and a, unregistered completed tube whether it was ever assembled or not.

IIRC, the Sten Gun tubes had decals with the instructions on them that read "mill here", cut here", "drill here".

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by GonHuntin
Originally Posted by RickyD

Has nothing to do with "money talks"......I have shot lots of machine guns that were built after '86, but they are not transferrable and I can't own them. I have friends that hold NFA dealer (SOT) or manufacturer licenses and they can legally possess/own post '86 machine guns under certain circumstances. These guns are known as "post '86 dealer samples".

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/atf-national-firearms-act-handbook-chapter-7/download

I doubt owning those licenses are either easy or cheap. And what is real money to some is small change to others. So, I may been somewhat correct.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

145 members (41rem, 2ndwind, 10gaugemag, 338reddog, 450yukon, 1_deuce, 20 invisible), 1,997 guests, and 994 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,707
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.