Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by 1minute
Yep. All the time. Lots of flying objects I can't ID.

For a couple years we lived beneath a B52 low level training path on the Or/Id border. On some evenings when the wind was right, an amazing array of lights would pass within a half mile, but one could hear nothing. Would have been disturbing had we not known what they were.

The sr-71 would bust the sky open doing Mach=(whatever it was doing) on cloudy days when I was
a kid. I would catch a glimpse of the bird cruising over head on clear days. cool

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Gus

UFO's: anyone ever seen one?

while we are on that subject, can we we include if anyone thinks they have ever seen a ghost or spectre
or other strange unexplained phenomenon?

Would anyone here believe it if a group of immediate family said they all saw a dinner table chair move away from the table
without anyone in it?.. or upright wine glass move across the table cloth (a substantial distance)on the dinner table?

Has anyone ever been woken by the physical feeling of their mattress sinking down as if someone had just sat down
at the bottom end of their single bed ?

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
FWIW, NASA says the approximately 10% of UFOs are confirmed as UFOs by radar or other credible means. Some have been confirmed in water also.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Starman
Originally Posted by Gus

while we are on that subject, can we we include if anyone thinks they have ever seen a ghost or spectre

When I was around 6-7 years old, at the foot of my bed....scared the schitt out of me...I yelled for dad and when he answered "what do you want" it floated up through the ceiling....I answered "never mind" because I knew he wouldn't believe me...

ETA: As far as UFOs...when you contemplate the vastness of space and the number of stars in our galaxy alone, I think it's more than a probability that we get looked at more than we could ever guess.

Last edited by Middlefork_Miner; 01/20/18.
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner
Originally Posted by Starman
Originally Posted by Gus

When I was around 6-7 years old, at the foot of my bed....scared the schitt out of me...I yelled for dad and when he answered "what do you want" it floated up through the ceiling....I answered "never mind" because I knew he wouldn't believe me...

There was this old drunk cowboy lived in town where mom raised. She told story that he woke up
One night and saw something at foot of his bed. He had old pistol on nightstand. Grabbed pistol and shot whatever it was. Blew his Big toe off!

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

IC B2

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Reprint of my post from 9-6-12 under "Strange things seen in the woods" Hunters Campfire.

This happened to me and my bud Larry "Buck Wright 50 years ago last fall and i remember it as if it were yesterday.

A white weasel of some sort frollicking in the snow by my elk stand years ago, no.

I was watching the bobcat stalk up to the whitetail doe and 2 fawns as I sat in the live oak above them with my recurve Ben Pearson Hunter near Refugio, Texas in the late Sixties before my micro-flight 7(?) with a Ben Pearson Razorhead hit it in the neck at 7 yds., no , I forgot, it was when

Larry Wright and I climbed up in the big mesquite a half hour before daylight on his grandmas ranch on the fence that separated it from the famous O'Conner spread that ran from near Victoria to Refugio and down to near Austwell and Tivoli and Bayside in the gulf Coast.

We faced the Gulf and bays to the S.East awaiting daybreak and with my bow secured I shut my eyes to rest and hasten the misery of awaiting the experience of screwing up on getting an arrow in the chest of a big brush country buck heading back into the security of the essentially unhunted O'Conner Empire which rivaled the famous King Ranch to the south and east.

As I drifted into slumber brought on by the inability to sleep the Friday night before while getting gear tuned, Larry (Buck Wright) elbowed my left set of ribs and said, "Hey, what is that?" I was pissed as I opened my eyes looking SEast toward the bays and Gulf and saw a lighted area strung out a few degees long and just above the earliest rays of the dawn. I said, "airplane" and resumed my doze.

A few minute or two later Larry elbowed me and retorted, "That ain't no [bleep] airplane, look!" I did and saw the strangest sight a person could comprehend.

Coming directly over us were three Pastel white objects exactly the same color as the moon which was up and laying in the sky to the west and behind us and in the direction the three flying saucers were headed. They subtended an angle almost as large as the moon and each was trailed by a hazy mist I estimated to be about 5-7 times as long as the objects they emitted from. Theybwere not perfectly round but were slightly oblong. There was absolutely no sound whatsoever and as they passed by us by about 45degrees to the west they gently faded out of sight.

Later I deduced they had curved bottoms and had no lights we could see other than the reflection back to us from the elevated rays of the soon to rise sun to our east. As the objects circumvented the earth to the west, the suns rays were actually blocked from them by the curvature of the earth and they faded from view.

We looked at each other in amazement and each said, "Did you see that?" at the same time. It took me awhile to figure out what had happened and that earlier my dx of airplane was influenced by the fact that they were low and to the east and the reflection of them to us, and the hazy vapor or dust trail each left behind was colored and looked like 3lights adjoined due to the reflection coming to us through the lower atmosphere, and is what gives the perception of color to the yellow full moon seen just above the horizon.

As the dark gave way to dawn a flock of migrating geese passed over two apparent Neanderthals sat in a fenceline mesquite wi

Continued ). fence line mesquite with bows in hand and neck hair on end, waiting on our previous dream of a dead buck and wondering about the relevancy of our importance in the great scheme of things.

I have previous,y told this story to only a handful of people on this earth due to the fear of ridicule some turds on the fire shall shortly henceforth spew, but, the OP asked and i told. Besides, I'm getting old and don't give a [bleep].

Naysayers can feel free to go back and research the articles from 'The Corpus Christy Caller" Sunday editions of October and research the Sunday news stories of all the airline pilots that reported the sightings of the UFOs passing buy on their early morning flight into and out of Corpus that early Saturday morning a long time ago, before I had ever killed a deer with my bow.

Last edited by jaguartx; 01/20/18.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Maybe I have a couple of times. Can't explain it any other way. I'm not concerned.

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot
I was outside on a very clear full moon night in Utah maybe 10 years ago. Out on the back patio, in the shadow of the house. It dawned on me that a GIANT shadow was moving across the back yard. It was triangle-shaped, and would have had to be unbelievably massive. I ran out into the yard to see what was in the sky, and all I saw was a blur of light.

It wasn't a stealth bomber. Had those fly over the house, since we lived close to Hill AFB. They are not silent, like the thing I never identified was.

My brother served 4 years at Ft Irwin, near Barstow, CA. He saw lots of craft while out doing maneuvers in the desert. They did things that admitted military tech was not capable of.

You're describing same thing our old local scoutmaster and his son witmessed here on their ranch just east of town about 20-25 years ago! They recorded a verbal description on old cassette tape player as it flew over. He was one of the most honest and sober men I've ever known.
He later succumbed to Cancer and His son later a Marine Captain, was killed in Afghanstan in 2008.

Last edited by kaywoodie; 01/20/18.

Founder

WS

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
It occurs to me that that we are probably on some alien civilization's sch*th*le list.
I like it here regardless.

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I watched one over Phoenix for a couple of hours about 1947-48. The radio guys announced it even. It just sat there. The Air Force sent up a T-33 and took pictures. It looked like an ice cream cone.
It was one of those very high altitude balloons that were secret back then. But, for years, it was unidentified.

Retired cat herder.

IC B3

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
they're looking at us like we look at ants. ants can't see us. they sense schit around them but have no concept of people. same with aliens. they're watching us beat off and laughing like motha fuggers.

My diploma is a DD214
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by strosfann

My dad was witness to a sighting of his own around 1976. He was driving home through rural ND late one night and was the only car on the road. One moment everything was normal and the next there was a bright white light moving along the road to the West of the highway at roughly the same pace he was going. If he slowed down it did too. If he sped up it kept pace with him. At times he had our Monte Carlo going up to 110 MPH and the light kept hanging alongside him. It stayed just above the terrain which sometimes rose above the road and sometimes fell below. The apparent distance from the highway stayed pretty consistent at what he estimated to be about 300 yds. This kept on for a stretch of about 18 miles until he dropped down a large hill into a river valley. Just as he got to where he was going to drop down into the valley the light turned away and shot to the West and out of sight in a matter of a couple of seconds. He was never able to make out any structure behind the lights so he has no clue what size or shape the object was. This is a man who never so much as tells a little white lie and is the least dramatic person on the planet. According to my mom when he got home that night he was the most rattled she ever saw him in their 55 years together!

My only one was similar to this on the Oregon side of the Nevada Oregon border about 5 years ago. Thing seemed like it was pacing my car for about 5 minutes then just vanished. Drove back by the spot in the daylight on the way home from my trip and there was nothing there. I honestly thought I was going to see a cable or something the the light was traveling along, but just desert.

"Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, and more money." -Tom T Hall

Molon Labe
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R

Originally Posted by fester
Fun topic.

I'm guessing somebody here has heard about or witnessed cattle mutilation. Those stories
have also captured my attention.

I can remember those being a big story in rural Missouri in the late 70’s/early 80’s.

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Three pages, and nobody has asked the "one" question. The old 'fire is settling down a bit! Almost deserves a PG rating.

Accolades to you all!

Founder

WS

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Never seen one, but I don't doubt the existence of something beyond our understanding flying around out there. There's just too many reports and too much documentation.

It's interesting to think about. If they're extra terrestrials they must be traveling mind boggling distances to get here,...which means that they've somehow managed to overcome the time constraints involved with any kind of propulsion that we know about. Not to mention the stress that would be placed on any type of machinery that could handle those types of speeds.

I think it's evident that no other planet in out solar system is inhabited, and the closest solar system to ours is a bit over 4 light years away. So,..if we're being visited, it's by someone who has learned to jump through time.

And,...if the ability to jump through time is possible anywhere, it's possible here,...someday.

So maybe we're being visited by our descendants.

Maybe the inhabitants of earth in 8743 AD are taking a vacation cruise back to the 21st century.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
,...or maybe even 30,000 BC. If it ever becomes possible, I'm fairly certain people would be interested in doing it. I would. And as far as I can understand the Physics exist for doing so. Although "who knows" if anyone will ever figure out how to actually do it.

But then, 200 years ago who would have ever thought that we'd have a space station orbiting the planet at 5 miles a second?

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Dad was a Navy radar-man in the early "50s. They saw things on radar that just could
not be. Therefore they were ignored.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I have seen things that I can't explain but refrain from leaping to unwarranted conclusions like "aliens done it".
Neil deGrasse Tyson makes several good points in the attached video. The U in UFO stands for unknown. These sightings do not come from people who are constantly looking at the sky, astronomers and amateur astronomers, because they know at what they are looking.

Cheers,
Walt

One unerring mark of the love of the truth is not entertaining any proposition with greater assurance than the proofs it is built upon will warrant. John Locke, 1690
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sure is a big old universe for just one little old earth to be inhabited.................

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Lots of people from the past saying that others have shown up. Including the God from the bible. He is from somewhere else, the way I read it. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

620 members (12344mag, 1lessdog, 01Foreman400, 1eyedmule, 1badf350, 63 invisible), 2,311 guests, and 1,258 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,082
Posts18,521,831
Members74,024
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.