Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
O
Odin Offline OP
OP Offline
O
Hey guys!

I used to live in Alaska and now live in Nova Scotia(12 years now). A friend of mine has reloading bullets(projectiles not loaded)and fired brass of mine. Can that just be shipped directly to me? I have both a PAL & RPAL is there a protocol to follow?

Thanks
Doug

GB1

Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
Yes he can. You don't even need a PAL or FAC. I know because I asked Canada Customs. Now US export laws might be different but that won't effect you. Just have him send it in the mail.

O
Odin Offline OP
OP Offline
O
Thanks! I will check both sides to be sure but needed a quick answer for my buddy sending the stuff.

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
It is OK for you to receive reloading components from the states, but illegal for your friend to ship components to you from the states..

US ITAR regs.

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=itar+regulations&atb=v48-6_s&ia=web

Last edited by Nrut; 01/19/18.

It's a great life if you don't weaken..
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I'll second Nrut's reply.

A stranger is a friend we haven't met.
IC B2

O
Odin Offline OP
OP Offline
O
Has anyone ordered components from midway USA or Midsouth? Does that work?

Originally Posted by Nrut
It is OK for you to receive reloading components from the states, but illegal for your friend to ship components to you from the states..

US ITAR regs.

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=itar+regulations&atb=v48-6_s&ia=web

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Odin;
Good evening to you sir, I trust this finds you well.

In my experience most of the US distributors will have a list of what can and can not be shipped across the medicine line. It appears to me to be made up by cousins of the good folks who write most of our Canuck gun laws, which is to say describing it as "random" and "illogical" is a good beginning. Be that as it may, it's what they have to deal with to stay within the law.

The same with firearm parts. Some can cross and some never will again - legally anyway. There's also some cost to exporters and manufacturers to have their products exported, or that's my understanding. In those instances if the market up here is too small to bother, then they won't jump through the required steps to export.

Hopefully that made some sense and was useful to you or someone out there in ether space tonight. All the best to you in your search for reloading components either way sir.

Dwayne

Last edited by BC30cal; 01/20/18. Reason: more info?

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Originally Posted by Odin
Has anyone ordered components from midway USA or Midsouth? Does that work?

You can not order reloading components legally from the US period as you would be breaking US laws..
If you could, believe me I would be doing do..

You can order reloading dies, presses, and other reloading equipment from the states and I often do from Midsouth & Natchez but not from Midway as they haven't exported since around 2002-2003
Last time I ordered from Natchez they charged me over a $30.00 handing fee above their shipping fee so I won't be ordering from them anymore..

You can also order most optics from the states except for scopes..
There are some US dealers who will go to the trouble to get an export permit for a scope but they require that you get a import permit from the Canadian gov. and send it to them first..

These days I buy my reloading components from the following Canadian dealers:

http://higginsonpowders.com/home.html

https://x-reload.com/?SID=s36hv7g09i05li7svq7ih9uph2

Keep in mind if you are buying powder and primers online you will have to pay a $30.00 hazmat fee plus shipping..

Higginson will wave shipping the shipping fee if you buy 24# per order which I have done many times..
https://x-reload.com/?SID=s36hv7g09i05li7svq7ih9uph2

If I want just a pound or two of powder I buy local and pay 30% to 50% more..

Last edited by Nrut; 01/20/18.

It's a great life if you don't weaken..
O
Odin Offline OP
OP Offline
O
Thanks much for all the info fellows! I may have to jump thru some of those hoops to get some 225 Winchester brass unfortunately......

Last edited by Odin; 01/21/18.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Odin
Thanks much for all the info fellows! I may have to jump thru some of those hoops to get some 225 Winchester brass unfortunately......

I know nothing about this 225 Win brass except I saw it and took notice since it's not very common. Click on their reloading section.

http://www.shootist.ab.ca/

Gerry.
IC B3

O
Odin Offline OP
OP Offline
O
Thanks for the heads up on the brass. I'm still in the process of moving my guns here from Alaska, so the brass has to remain on a back burner for the present.

O
Odin Offline OP
OP Offline
O
I'm thinking now that I will try to move the components at the same time as I move my guns. I'm considering one of the Importer/exporter outfits. I'm looking at IRunGuns right now. Anyone have any experience with them? Anything good or bad to report? Any other recommendations?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Prophet River Firearms

Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
For an importer I second Prophet River Arms. I've used them a couple times. Great outfit. There is no Canadian laws that prevents you from bringing bullets into Canada. US export laws are different, and I don't understand them all, but I have had bullets shipped right to my PO box.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by yukon254
For an importer I second Prophet River Arms. I've used them a couple times. Great outfit. There is no Canadian laws that prevents you from bringing bullets into Canada. US export laws are different, and I don't understand them all, but I have had bullets shipped right to my PO box.

i have also used Prophet River a few times. worked ok.

norm

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .
If it wern't entertaining, I wouldn't keep coming back.------the BigSky

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

571 members (10gaugemag, 007FJ, 1badf350, 1234, 16penny, 1lesfox, 63 invisible), 2,581 guests, and 1,356 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,465
Posts18,471,363
Members73,934
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.