The above is is vid I did a while back. I've also tried on an AV and a model 75

I have three 85's in house

6.5 x 55
308 Win

30-06.

No problems here

ya!

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
HR IC

V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
Nice vid, it looks like your rifle's ejecting angle is fine plus you got your scope mounted well high enough to not have a problem....Enjoy!....Hb

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
My 300WSM has the ejection issue. My only resolution was to go to high rings, which isn’t what I really wanted to have on the gun. Only reason I’ve kept it is because of the incredible accuracy. I won’t be buying any more new Sakos until the design is changed, as my Tikkas, Winchesters, and Brownings seem to be plenty accurate without ejection hastles.

A
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
A
mine is the same, I heard this rumor and checked it out at gun shop before I bought mine.nooooo worrys

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Add my LH 85 270 Win to the good list, it has been quite good in that regard. Being left hand might help since there is no turret to hit on that side, I'll make sure if I change the scope to make sure there isn't a big illumination or parallax adjustment on that side to be sure though.

Gerry.
IC B2

N
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
N
Just got my new sako 85 and put high leupold rings on with a leupold vx2 scope with standard turrets. 30-06. It absolutely will not eject a round. If I pull back slow it drops the case before attempting to eject. If I pull back fast it goes straight into the scope body so hard it smashes the mouth of the case and falls back into the gun. What a absolute crock of a gun. On hold with customer care now. No hopes of them helping but a brand new gun I don’t have any other option.

V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
Sorry to hear this but you are not alone, I have empathy for your situation as I have experienced the same, I hope you have better luck with Beretta CS than I did........Good luck......Hb

N
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
N
Well CC just said to send it back. So back it goes but my hopes are small they do anything. I wonder where the value is now days in guns that cost around a grand. 400dollar guns always function flawless for me but every time I pay up for a “nicer” gun they seem to not function. What are we actually paying for I wonder. Say for example Sako A7 vs the 85. Street prices for a A7 can be found for say 5-6 hundred less. I own both and really the mag is only thing that is better made. Where’s all the rest of the cost value.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
My Finnlight 270 Win jammed on me twice while in the field when it was new. I had only single loaded it at the range or slowly unloaded live ammo, so didn't know there was a problem. I didn't use it for a spell, then read the other stories on line and bought some extra extractor springs to try. I replaced the spring and haven't had a failure, but have to admit I do not fully trust that rifle.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I have a couple different 85's and the only one that had an issue was a 300WSM with a Leupold scope. I changed to a Swaro scope (smaller caps) and the issue went away.

IC B3

E
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
E
No issues here with a 7mmSTW and Z5 scope on medium rings.

V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
The higher you mount a scope on a Sako 85 the less likely you will have this issue, I hate a high mounted scope, i like my scopes mounted low so Sako 85's are a no go rifle that i must avoid buying but i still love the way a Finnlight shoulders and feels .......Hb

N
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
N
I do love the feel as well and I want it to work out. Mine is hitting the bottom of the scope itself. It’s not even kicking out enough to hit the turrets. Seems like the spring and ejector are the only possible culprits to cause the failure. Machine work is flawless. Guess the overall design works great or doesn’t work at all. I suppose if they dont fix it I will have a dedicated paper puncher.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Just a little rumor...Sako is exploring a fix for the issue.

I enjoy handguns and I really like shotguns,...but I love rifles!
V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
Originally Posted by shortactionsmoker

The Model 85 has been out now for a dozen years, its shameful that Sako hasn't taken care of it many years ago but I guess a fix is better late than never......Hb

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by VaHillbilly

The Model 85 has been out now for a dozen years, its shameful that Sako hasn't taken care of it many years ago but I guess a fix is better late than never......Hb

If they fix it I will buy more of them but they are talking major redesign, they should have just kept the 75 bolt face instead of the stupid CRF.

N
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
N

With luck it will be a fix that current gun owners can install on existing troubled guns.

V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Originally Posted by VaHillbilly

If they fix it I will buy more of them but they are talking major redesign, they should have just kept the 75 bolt face instead of the stupid CRF.
Agreed......Hb

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I love my 75. Wouldn't tade it for anything else.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Alex38
My 300WSM has the ejection issue. My only resolution was to go to high ring.......

I went with medium height Talley ScrewLocks. Did not do so with forethought but it may have been just right for that scope application. Have had zero problems with. In fact, my Antelope guide immediately remarked how well my Sako fed. Said he bought a Kimber in 300 WSM that would not feed properly.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

624 members (16gage, 10gaugemag, 16penny, 160user, 10gaugeman, 1234, 70 invisible), 2,800 guests, and 1,372 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,066
Posts18,501,431
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.