Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Lucky, or POI shifts and playing "guess how many clicks" to zero aren't a big deal to them.

I say that as one who used to fall into that category.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by smokepole
Lucky, or POI shifts and playing "guess how many clicks" to zero aren't a big deal to them.

I say that as one who used to fall into that category.

Haha oh I agree, but for the price these were going for if it takes 20 rounds of guess the clocks to get the safe queen sighted in, I can live with that. smile

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Or my favorite, adjust the elevation to be dead on, and the windage shifts.

I'm not criticizing Leupold users, I just don't want to put up with that any more, and thankfully don't have to.

And the older I get the less tolerance I have for safe queens. Anybody wanna buy a .300 Weatherby?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

I'm not criticizing Leupold users, I just don't want to put up with that any more, and thankfully don't have to.

And the older I get the less tolerance I have for safe queens. Anybody wanna buy a .300 Weatherby?

I get both the less tolerant of scopes that don’t adjust as advertised and safe queens. But for me I don’t think I could live with myself if I sold this safe queen. It’s a Remington model 7 in 308 stainless. The first and only rifle my dad gave to me. As such I have other rifles I use today but can’t ever see it going down the road.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
That's not a safe queen, it's something you can pass down too. And when you do, that'll make it an heirloom.

IC B2

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by prairie_goat
Originally Posted by KenMi
Rather buy 3 from a company with a no questions asked warranty than buy one from a company that picks and chooses what falls under warranty, wont cover any accidental damage, and sets a 10 year warranty limit. Might be a great $1200 scope, but if something goes wrong, you are up schitt creek.

Might be a great 217 dollar scope, but when it quits on you back in the hills, you are up schitt creek, and the best warranty in the world means nothing.

In theory, homo sapiens are capable of learning from the mistakes of others. I’m not so sure that’s the case when it comes to Leupold failures, especially when the scopes are on sale.

My son broke a Leupold scope 2 years ago while we were in KY Hunting!!!!!! Totally his fault...He picked up The Phone and called Leupold. Told them he broke the scope!!!! His fault and ask if they would repair it.... The answer was No problem... Leupold next day Aired him a Loaner scope.....When he got Home and sent in the Broken scope...He received a Higher Quality scope free of charge.......My son is a X Marine and is Hard on scopes.. The Boy could tear up a Rock ....Every year he drops a Rifle off the Atv or slides down the side of a Mountain on top of his Rifle...He will only buy Leupold scopes...Believe it or Not he kills lots of gritters every year some at unbelievable ranges all with a Piece of Chit Leupold.

“When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.”
K
Ken_L Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
K

I must have been getting really lucky over the last 30 years!

NRA Lifetime Endowment Member
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Yep. I never missed an animal because I was using a Leupold either. And now I never will.

Personally I hope someone from Leupold reads these forums. It's a shame to see a US company that once had such a commanding market share lose it because they won't (or can't) adjust to changing consumer requirements.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I think they are reading, and probably don’t care, as I doubt they’re in any financial trouble. It’s a very small percent of unhappy leupold customers, and even fewer spinning turrets.

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I'm talking about the market share that a company like SWFA (and others) was able to take from them simply by listening to what people want and delivering it.

They may still be doing fine right now but in the long term, ignoring changes in the market is not a recipe for success.

IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I still don't think they're worried about it smoke... if they did, I think they'd figure it out.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
K
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
K
They aren't worried about the frauds either. Probably flattered that their brand is the one most copied. That alone says something about market share.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Blackberry wasn't worried about smart phones either. And now smart phones are one of the reasons lots of shooters demand scopes with reliable adjustments.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Blackberry wasn't worried about smart phones either. And now smart phones are one of the reasons lots of shooters demand scopes with reliable adjustments.

Well maybe you can tell me, toldjaso someday..... the fact of the matter is, turret spinners are a small niche, aaaaaaand believe it or not, lotsa folks are still spinning leupys and are happy too...

The clan of the leupold haters carry on....

Ain’t easy havin pals.
J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by KenMi
They aren't worried about the frauds either. Probably flattered that their brand is the one most copied. That alone says something about market share.

So just what do you expect Leupold can do about it? You'd have better luck beating Usain Bolt in the next olympics than getting a cease and desist order against a Chinese entity, in China. They don't give a ratsazz about patents, trademarks, etc. Zen Ray actually made a pretty decent spotting scope (optically anyway) that could use a Swarovski eyepiece.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
K
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
K
They don't have to do anything about it.
They just leave it up to the buyer to figure out what is legit. If a buyer expects something for nothing, they wouldn't be considered a serious buyer in the first place.

But, then the mock scopes get blamed as Leupolds for problems. I suspect many failure claims are these scopes.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
"Turret spinners" are a small niche but "Leupold haters" are a clan?

I don't hate Leupold myself, I hope they get their sh** together.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Every year after year after they’ve proven they have their shiit together for me. I’ve grown quite fond of them and their excellent customer service and warranty..... only time I’ve used a their warranty was when I bought a vari x II 3-9, off a fuuck online. Got it, unwrapped it, rattled like a bastard. Boxed it up, sent it to leupold, week later it was back at my house good as new rebuilt... all this leupold negativity has me wondering, should I take my browning a bolt 22 with a leupold to Canada next week? Or my RAR 22 Mag with the tasco pronghorn????

Ain’t easy havin pals.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
That's easy, take the one that matches your handbag.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I'll live on the edge, roll the dice, and take the luepy, sans turrets and tape, you flippant little guy you.....

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

630 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 10gaugeman, 1badf350, 68 invisible), 3,094 guests, and 1,289 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,752
Posts18,514,685
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.