Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
R
RinB Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
R
Just reconnected with him at SCI. He is back in his own business. He is making stocks and rifles. Rifle quality looks as good as ever and his stocks are going to be even better. Great guy. Good news.

“Perfection is achieved not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away”.
Antoine de Saint-Exupery. Posted by Brad.
GB1

P
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
P
That is good news. I'd be real interested in getting one, or more, of his stocks. Any contact info available yet?

Last edited by patbrennan; 02/04/18.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Does he have a web site?

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
i looked at his face book the other day...i have always admired his work but could never afford it i just cant see $5800.00 dollars for a synthetic stocked rifle but he has been in business for years so somebody buys them.....

H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
Did he mention changes in his stock design?

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by handwerk
Did he mention changes in his stock design?

What changes would you reccomend?

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
Mainly thinner wrist and forearm, but understanding that I tend to like Fwt barrels and many folks aren't like me. Although I haven't had a Bansner for years I can't remember if the comb is higher than my mcm M70 compacts?

P
prm Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
The Banser stock on the Howa Alpine Mtn Rifle is the best I’ve ever felt. He got the shape right on that one. For me anyway.

P
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
P
I understand that Legendary Arms is no longer doing the Miller version of their model 70 stock, which I believe is a little slimmer in the foreend and grip. Perhaps Mark will do that one.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Mainly thinner wrist and forearm, but understanding that I tend to like Fwt barrels and many folks aren't like me. Although I haven't had a Bansner for years I can't remember if the comb is higher than my mcm M70 compacts?

I really like Bansner stocks but the last few have been a little rough. The comb is higher and straighter than the Compact. I think the compact is a little low.

IC B3

H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
So could one of you Bansner owners measure the width of the stock at the end of the fore-end?

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
not sure about other models but with the remington rifles you can use the sheep hunter model it is slimmer than the standard model in the forearm and it doesnt have a cheekpiece

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Looks like Bansner & Company, LLC is the new outfit. I'm seeing a Facebook page but no website.

Might give him a call, if I could find a phone number. Wondering about a stock for a Pre-64.

R
RinB Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
R
He is building new molds which improve surfaces of his stocks.

www.bansners.com

On Facebook and Instagram as well

“Perfection is achieved not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away”.
R
RinB Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
R
Still making Miller model

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So could one of you Bansner owners measure the width of the stock at the end of the fore-end?

My Bansner measures 1.590" wide at the end of the forend

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It seems like maybe 20 years ago that I started customizing my Mod. 70 .338 "Classic Stainless". I did a bunch to the rifle, but the factory barrel shoots Barnes X bullets so very good I never have replaced it. I called up Ted Blackburn and ordered his one piece belly drop Obendorf bottom metal so I could get 4 in the magazine and called up Bansner's and asked if I could send every thing to them so they could do all the stock work. The guy I talked to said go ahead, but it would be awhile before I got it back as every one was going to the Shot Show.

Off the rifle went and a couple weeks later they called and said it was done, when I sounded surprised the guy said he just knocked it out so I wouldn't have a long wait.

When it showed up I was very pleased with the results. I now had an accurate, reliable and weather proof rifle that wore a good looking Confederate Grey Bansner's stock. Every one that has handled the rifle likes it, especially me and it has long been my grab and go hunting rifle. When I have it in my hands there is no realistic hunting shot the rifle and load is not capable of doing if I do my part.

A little over a year ago I picked up a Legendary Arms Works .300 Win. Mag. It has all the bells and whistles and a Bansner's stock that for some reason has a fore end that is about 3 inches shorter then the one on my .338.

I can live with it, but wish it was longer. Knowing Mark Bansner was involved with the rifle I felt it would be a good one. The stock is first class and except for a few less then positive reviews, I am hoping it shoots as good as it looks and feels. It remains unfired as I can't make up my mind what scope I want on it. I really don't need it as my .338 will do it all as will one of my 30-06 rifles.

If I ever get another synthetic stock it will be a Bansner as long as they stay as is. The ones I have are top tier and Bansner knows how to build a rifle.

Last edited by 1Akshooter; 02/04/18.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Did LAW go titties up or what?

Originally Posted by shrapnel
I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by RinB
He is building new molds which improve surfaces of his stocks.

www.bansners.com

On Facebook and Instagram as well

Looks like he may have registered the site, but no content has been added.

P
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
P
This is great news. Can't wait to get more details on what will be available and pricing for his stocks.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

580 members (21, 160user, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 007FJ, 219 Wasp, 68 invisible), 2,570 guests, and 1,324 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,088
Posts18,482,895
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.