Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by Redneck
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Wow, when I posted the merits of gas over diesel I figured I would get slammed. There seems to be a consensus. Isn't it a dang shame what the government has done to diesels. In 1989 Dodge put the Cummins in a pickup, and made diesel a truly worthwhile option. Things continued to mostly improve for the Big 3 until the 2007 EPA requirements, they sure have f'ed the pooch.

Fords troubles began with the 6.0 about 2003. The egr ...
And that's because they hired International to build the damn thing.. Mine was OK - had it for 7 years. The biggest mistake is that they continued to hire International to build the next lemon - the 6.4L. What a POS... They finally wised up and built their own - Ford's no slouch when it comes to engines... Ergo, VOILA - the 6.7.. I have heard the early ('11) model initially had a few issues with valve seats, but that was about it.. These new ones are outstanding - and with proper maintenance should go half a million miles w/o a hiccup..

I hope to find out.. laugh

International/Navistar built every Ford diesel from 1983 up until 2010.

He went over yonder way

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by tzone
These new ones are outstanding - and with proper maintenance should go half a million miles w/o a hiccup..

You're not going to find out! LMAO. Who are you trying to fool? You're on your 3rd last truck ever. grin grin grin

You got me... laugh

I wouldn't have gotten THIS one if I had simply not gone through the lot out of boredom and saw this thing.. I'm staying away from that place for-EVER... laugh

That'll get ya every damn time!

Camp is where you make it.
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Originally Posted by Heeler
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Wow, when I posted the merits of gas over diesel I figured I would get slammed. There seems to be a consensus. Isn't it a dang shame what the government has done to diesels. In 1989 Dodge put the Cummins in a pickup, and made diesel a truly worthwhile option. Things continued to mostly improve for the Big 3 until the 2007 EPA requirements, they sure have f'ed the pooch.

Fords troubles began with the 6.0 about 2003. The egr ...
And that's because they hired International to build the damn thing.. Mine was OK - had it for 7 years. The biggest mistake is that they continued to hire International to build the next lemon - the 6.4L. What a POS... They finally wised up and built their own - Ford's no slouch when it comes to engines... Ergo, VOILA - the 6.7.. I have heard the early ('11) model initially had a few issues with valve seats, but that was about it.. These new ones are outstanding - and with proper maintenance should go half a million miles w/o a hiccup..

International/Navistar built every Ford diesel from 1983 up until 2010.

Yep....7 years to long! crazy

NYH1.

Take nothing I say personal, remember....it's just the interweb!

ROLLTIDE

YANKEE'S

new yorkistan SUCKS!

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
The new 6.7s aren't perfect. My buddy, who buys a new truck every year, had two in a row with heads that failed; a 16 and 17. He bought a Duramax- his first non-Ford in 20 years. He didn't like the head design and figured they weren't going to change it so he went away from it. He owns a garage and works on trucks 6 days a week. He knows his way around this stuff.

I am liking my gasser.

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
My neighbor has a very recent Duramax. It’s got about 150k miles. I asked him about repairs and he said the total of his repairs since owning was about $300 ,but his service DEF system light just came 9n. I told him he should delete.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
One thing people tend to overlook when considering the gas/diesel purchase for towing, is the effectiveness of the diesel's exhaust brake. Not much of a factor on flat terrain, but worth it's weight in gold in the mountains.

To anger a conservative, lie to him. To annoy a liberal, tell him the truth.

Promoted to Turdlike status 03/17/12

Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

418 members (163bc, 10Glocks, 10ring1, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 160user, 38 invisible), 1,905 guests, and 1,221 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,635
Posts18,493,138
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.