Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RiverRider
Wonder if the media will publicize this image of this little monster.

[Linked Image]

Flat bill hats should be illegal...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
GB1

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Seafire
If volunteer and trained teachers were armed this stuff wouldn't have these kind of results..

I don't don't get what liberals have a problem understanding the a gun free zone, allows
a shooter to walk into a target rich environment, to something akin to shooting fish in a barrel...

Liberals are more to blame with their stupidity, blocking an active response to these situations
than the shooter himself is... if it was an obstacle, I guarantee you he wasn't willing to put his
life on the line to do the shooting...

I graduated high school outside metro DC in Northern Va....I'd bet you more than 3/4s of our male
teachers were all military veterans....and in today's world, they would have been more than happy
to volunteer to be armed at school to combat such situations....

yet at the Umpqua College shooting up in Roseburg, there were 5 military veterans in the next building
that were armed with conceal carry permits, and were threatened with explusion if they responsed to take
out the shooter by the acting college Pres, some 70 yr old Prius driving Hippie left over. ...
If I were one of those veterans I would have GLADLY taken the expulsion over standing by and letting some a-hole take out more students...

And on the way out I also might have given a good left hook to the face of the hippy Pres..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have long said that at some point, we would have one of these mass shootings that would be the straw that broke the camels back. Our politicians rarely ever seem to do the right thing, instead usually bowing to the pressure brought upon them by the media, who of course promote the liberal agenda.

Will this be the shooting that inspires some new form of gun control law to be passed? Who knows, but I do know that at some point in time there will be a mass shooting that will cause it to happen. It will happen because it is far easier to put controls on innocent people, than to go after those who are a threat to society.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JamesJr
I have long said that at some point, we would have one of these mass shootings that would be the straw that broke the camels back. Our politicians rarely ever seem to do the right thing, instead usually bowing to the pressure brought upon them by the media, who of course promote the liberal agenda.

Will this be the shooting that inspires some new form of gun control law to be passed? Who knows, but I do know that at some point in time there will be a mass shooting that will cause it to happen. It will happen because it is far easier to put controls on innocent people, than to go after those who are a threat to society.

Imagine how much blood will run in the streets if only the law abiding comply with that...

Exactly why I won't.

Ever.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Just in time to save Remington!

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Theo Gallus
Just in time to save Remington!

Nothing can save them from themselves.

Ask Colt.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
The presence of guns in schools, or the presence of teens who are known to own or possess guns, is not and has never been the problem.

When I was in school in the late 80's, we shot 22's in the HS basement, which was a bomb shelter doubling as a shooting range. I brought guns to school because I was going hunting right after. I knew of a whole bunch of guys that did the same. A good friend had a window gun rack in his truck, stocked with rimfire, shotgun, and deer rifle all the time, in the school parking lot daily. Hell, my older brother, when in HS, rode a motor cycle, and kept his 870 in his locker when he was going hunting after classes.

The issue is not guns, nor students who are armed. Remember this. Our culture has been slowly overtaken by people who are deviant. Our culture has been replaced by criminals. 30 years ago, the school shooting thing wasn't a "thing" at all. And it isn't because there weren't stupid, criminal, emotionally unstable kids back then. Teens have always fit into those categories; it is the nature of the developing brain at that age. So what HAS changed?

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I would bet the media has canned stories ready to publish on the subject. All they have to do is change the date/location. Conservative media pulls out their psycho-analysts and the liberal media pulls videos of AR-15s shooting in full auto.

Given the attention span of the average American these days, if the US wins a gold medal in the three-some icecapade event in Korea this afternoon it will all be forgotten.....

The lion and tiger might be stronger, but the wolf does not perform in the circus.

NRA Life Member
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Exactly why I won't.

Ever.
Ditto...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot
The presence of guns in schools, or the presence of teens who are known to own or possess guns, is not and has never been the problem.

When I was in school in the late 80's, we shot 22's in the HS basement, which was a bomb shelter doubling as a shooting range. I brought guns to school because I was going hunting right after. I knew of a whole bunch of guys that did the same. A good friend had a window gun rack in his truck, stocked with rimfire, shotgun, and deer rifle all the time, in the school parking lot daily. Hell, my older brother, when in HS, rode a motor cycle, and kept his 870 in his locker when he was going hunting after classes.

The issue is not guns, nor students who are armed. Remember this. Our culture has been slowly overtaken by people who are deviant. Our culture has been replaced by criminals. 30 years ago, the school shooting thing wasn't a "thing" at all. And it isn't because there weren't stupid, criminal, emotionally unstable kids back then. Teens have always fit into those categories; it is the nature of the developing brain at that age. So what HAS changed?

For one thing, the fact that so many kids are on psychotropic medications. As I said, these tend to blur the distinction between fantasy and reality, so what might have been a fantasy about shooting up the school, and "getting revenge" on everyone in the school, back in the 1970s or earlier, is now a plan to do so.

IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Three hours after the incident.

They are getting faster... crazy

Never waste a good tragedy.

Idiots.

We've allowed the liberals and the ACLU to get us to where we are...when gang bangers/thug life is glorified....mental patients allowed to roam the streets...kids can't get their asses paddled at school, much less at home...the kids of the 80s & 90s now have kids of their own & we're all reaping the results of "progressive" policies....

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
When guns are outlawed
only politicians, hollywood celebs and their bodyguards will be exempt.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Started ?....it been going on.

18 school shootings since Jan. 1, tend to fire up the media...they'd rather cover that, than discuss the wounded or real solutions to the problem.

The key MSM phrase here is: AR15

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
We have allowed the "cult of fame" to overtake us. Remind me again, what actual TALENT does a Kim Kardashian or a Paris Hilton have?? They don't, they're just FAMOUS.

Look at all the media coverage these shooters keep getting. Whether dead or alive, they become FAMOUS. What is the quickest way for a no talent, psychotic young man to become FAMOUS?? Well, they won't get far making a sex tape, like some popular young females do. If they can't sing, or act, or excel at sports, that leaves becoming a famous criminal. In my opinion, the media and politicians are complicit in this, by publicizing it ad nauseum, and making a point of critiquing and analyzing, and in a way, "celebrating" the behavior to make these psychos achieve a level of fame and notoriety they otherwise wouldn't have. I'd like to see such crimes treated much like juvenile crimes, in that, no names would be released of the perpetrators.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The random acts of violence will never be stopped even if guns were outlawed......just look at Cain and Abel, as it's been happening since the beginning of time. But, in a lot of cases we KNOW who is prone to go off do something stupid, yet those people are protected because they have "rights." I know of a case here where the parents tried to get a person committed to the local mental hospital, but the persons girlfriend went and got a lawyer and got the proceedings stopped. A month later the guy killed her.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
What this nation needs is to bring back the frontal lobotomy instead of doling out serotonin reuptake inhibs

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
There was lots of failures in this entire scenario in FL, but gun control wasn't a factor.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It's an easy way for them to push the gun issue, instead of discussing the hero's and wounded....we'll blame guns for the tragedy.

Free air time won't be wasted.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner

Idiots.

We've allowed the liberals and the ACLU to get us to where we are...when gang bangers/thug life is glorified....mental patients allowed to roam the streets...kids can't get their asses paddled at school, much less at home...the kids of the 80s & 90s now have kids of their own & we're all reaping the results of "progressive" policies....

Sums things up pretty well.

Heaven has a wall, a gate and strict immigration policy.

Hell has open borders.

Let that sink in.....

I Live for Opening Day!
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R

Idiots.

Started? It never ends!

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

74 members (35, 7mm_Loco, 10gaugemag, 406_SBC, 257robertsimp, 11 invisible), 1,701 guests, and 779 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,324
Posts18,526,464
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.