Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by magshooter1
The A7 is to me very similar to the T3. I believe it to be better made but not by a whole lot. The A7 does have some nice features. I really like the bolt unlock button, the short bolt lift and magazine retention of the A7, but the A7's I have don't shoot any better than my T3's. Which in reality they would be hard pressed to do because my T3's shoot fantastic.

Sure wish one of them would chamber some .280 Rem's.

You can always go all in and get a 85 Synthetic SS or Finnlight and go kill stuff.

or a .280 AI - either is what you really want ! Of course, if you don't reload, it becomes a bit of a quest for ammo though,.

History May Not Repeat, But it Rhymes.
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by magshooter1
Originally Posted by whitearrow
I hear ya on that one mag. I'd love to see either sako or tikka chamber for .280 rem.

Would LOVE to see someone get a special run of T3's in .280 with 24" barrels.

^ This ^

but realistically 22" is fine in both the .280, and .30'06; both are only loaded to 60K psi
If your plan is to set-back & re-chamber etc. to AI , just get a .270 or .30'06 donor and rebarrel !

If your plan is to load up the .280 to 65K psi ( ala .270 Win ) , Carry On, ( with either length ).
Your ears will like the longer bbl, and your analytical mind will like the extra MV

History May Not Repeat, But it Rhymes.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
ok fellas I've made up my mind a want a 7mm rem mag and had my mind made up on a Tikka T3x. so, to my question. would I gain anything except a better stock by going with a Sako A7 roughtech pro in the same caliber i.e. accuracy,bolt smoothness etc? also, I've heard about sako ejection issue which I've never had in any of my Tikka T3's. what would y'all do? go with a Tikka T3x superlite and get a better stock or go with the Sako A7 roughtech pro??

Tikka before an A7 IMHO...You want a Sako? Buy a Finnbear. Finnlight, or an older L61R. These are real deal Sako’s.

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Beaver10
ok fellas I've made up my mind a want a 7mm rem mag and had my mind made up on a Tikka T3x. so, to my question. would I gain anything except a better stock by going with a Sako A7 roughtech pro in the same caliber i.e. accuracy,bolt smoothness etc? also, I've heard about sako ejection issue which I've never had in any of my Tikka T3's. what would y'all do? go with a Tikka T3x superlite and get a better stock or go with the Sako A7 roughtech pro??

Tikka before an A7 IMHO...You want a Sako? Buy a Finnbear. Finnlight, or an older L61R. These are real deal Sako’s.

Tikka before an A7 ? Based on what ? How many of each do you own/owned?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

I personally own three L461 Vixens. One in 222 Rem, one in 223 and one in 17 Rem. I also own an AV in 300 Wby and a Sako 75 Deluxe in 300 ultra mag. AV’s are just like a Finnbear without all the “bling”. Last, I own a Sako L579 Forester/Bofors barrel in 243.
So, based on my ownership on Sako’s and comparing them to an A7. I stand by Tikka being a better rifle for the money than an A7.

“Molon Labe”
IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

I personally own three L461 Vixens. One in 222 Rem, one in 223 and one in 17 Rem. I also own an AV in 300 Wby and a Sako 75 Deluxe in 300 ultra mag. AV’s are just like a Finnbear without all the “bling”. Last, I own a Sako L579 Forester/Bofors barrel in 243.
So, based on my ownership on Sako’s and comparing them to an A7. I stand by Tikka being a better rifle for the money than an A7.

But you never owned an A7 and apparently a T3 or T3x. I don't comment on things I don['t own and use, so you are basing your evaluation on hearsay.. I have both and have owned 75's and AV's in about any decent hunting cartridge . The A7 has a better more secure magazine system, a smoother action then the T3x and costs maybe 150 bucks more . Note I am comparing a T3x synthetic vs Sako A7 synthetic. I have yet to have a AV shoot as well as a 75 and only owned one 75 that will shoot with a T3x or A7. Real Deal Sakos GMAFB.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

But you never owned an A7 and apparently a T3 or T3x. I don't comment on things I don['t own and use, so you are basing your evaluation on hearsay.. I have both and have owned 75's and AV's in about any decent hunting cartridge . The A7 has a better more secure magazine system, a smoother action then the T3x and costs maybe 150 bucks more . Note I am comparing a T3x synthetic vs Sako A7 synthetic. I have yet to have a AV shoot as well as a 75 and only owned one 75 that will shoot with a T3x or A7. Real Deal Sakos GMAFB.

Correct, I’ve never owned an A7, just held them, looked them over when I was considering buying it. But, comparing it in fit and finish of the AV, 75, L461, L61R, or an L579, the A7 wasn’t even close in craftsmanship...If you are trying to say your A7 is as good or better in build quality than the above mentioned. Then you are only trying to inflate your low ideals of a quality built rifle. The A7 isn’t even close. Now, you may have a fine shooting A7 and good for you. Their are a lot of people who have a great shooting Remington SPS too. But, that’s doesn’t make it the same quality as a 1990’s Sendero or VSSF. I have shot the Tikka T3 and found it had a nice action and good accuracy out of the box. And, for the price not a bad bargain. IMHO, the original OP may like the Tikka better than an A7, but, he may like a really well made Sako even better. Unlike you, pard.

“Molon Labe”
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

[/quote]
Correct, I’ve never owned an A7, just held them, looked them over when I was considering buying it. But, comparing it in fit and finish of the AV, 75, L461, L61R, or an L579, the A7 wasn’t even close in craftsmanship...If you are trying to say your A7 is as good or better in build quality than the above mentioned. Then you are only trying to inflate your low ideals of a quality built rifle. The A7 isn’t even close. Now, you may have a fine shooting A7 and good for you. Their are a lot of people who have a great shooting Remington SPS too. But, that’s doesn’t make it the same quality as a 1990’s Sendero or VSSF. I have shot the Tikka T3 and found it had a nice action and good accuracy out of the box. And, for the price not a bad bargain. IMHO, the original OP may like the Tikka better than an A7, but, he may like a really well made Sako even better. Unlike you, pard.[/quote]

So your opinion doesn;t mean diddly since you have not had either T3 T3x or an A7. It is a hunting rifle not a showpiece, the metalwork on an A7 is the equal of a 75,85 whatever with the exception of the magazine and plastic . I have had older Sakos if you had read my post, they didn't shoot as well as the current versions, some had a squirrely recoil lug system(sako aIII) , I only started getting really good accuracy with a Stoeger 75 30-06 which shot circles around my Sako Fiberclass AV in the same cartridge. The 75 SM 300 WSM was a tack driver. The Deluxe had a nice magazine system but still could not shoot with a Tikka or A7.

In short I might have owned a dozen sakos of all flavors since the mid 80's, the standouts in the accuracy department were the 2 75's I mentioned 75 and an older A7 i owned which I had to rebed. I will see how this one shoots but I will not buy another one unless the 85 gets redesigned. A well made rifle is not worth crap if it doesn't shoot as good as it looks. Have a great day Pard LMFAO

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I hope you guys feel better now.

"Blessed is the man whose wife is his best friend - especially if she likes to HUNT!"

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, mind and strength, and love your neighbor as yourself. There is no commandment greater than these."
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

563 members (1936M71, 10gaugemag, 1234, 12344mag, 160user, 007FJ, 53 invisible), 2,467 guests, and 1,333 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,074
Posts18,482,669
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.