Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by walt501
I've been a Glock guy for years. Own several. But I just picked up a Beretta PX4 Compact Carry.

[Linked Image]

Cerakote slide, front night sight, 15 rounds, rotating barrel reduces felt recoil and allows in-line feeding, decocker only, DA/SA fire control and changeable back strap.

Click Here

I've only had it to the range twice, but it has impressive accuracy and no malfunctions. I'm going to send it to Ernest Langdon for a trigger job and add Talon grip tape. All the controls are easy for me to manipulate even with my oversized hands.

It's too early to say for sure, but I'm thinking this may eventually be my new carry gun. It's just that good.

That's one of the most over-looked pistols, and it's a great pistol. In today's world, everyone is so focused on trigger cocking/striker fired pistols that many are forgetting there are other options out there. I think for may, traditional DA still has a lot to offer.

GB1

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Originally Posted by gmoats
Originally Posted by RipSnort
For those of you who have trigger time with all three of these fine pistols, which would you buy and carry if you were starting from a clean slate (i.e. didn't already have 20 Glock mags or four Sig holsters, etc.).

Thanks, RS

….well sort of….my M&P Compact was a pre-2.0.

The Glock is the 800 lb Gorilla in the marketplace. Out of the box it needs new sights and a trigger alteration but then it's a great gun.
The Sig and M&P are good to go from the box. With the exception noted above regarding the Glock, the differences between the three are irrelevant and almost completely subjective. People with a long history with the 1911 frequently dislike the Glock's grip angle, but in my mind that's a training issue. All of the rest is personal preference.

You’re right about it being subjective. To me, the M&P trigger sucks. I hate the shape and the feeling of the jointed design. The new Ameriglo sights that are available on the Gen5 Glocks are pretty good and I prefer a defined wall before the break of the trigger. I shot our ppc with an M&P, USP, G17, and a P226. No problem shooting a max score with a USP. G17 or P226. I’ve yet to shoot a single clean ppc with an M&P.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

557 members (1minute, 358WCF, 06hunter59, 338rcm, 222Sako, 338Rules, 61 invisible), 2,367 guests, and 1,292 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,541
Posts18,491,511
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.