-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The Gen 1 original M&PC more closely compares to a G26. The new 2.0 Compact is true G19 size. The 2.0 is much better feeling and shooting in my hands than the old 9C I had. About the same with the G26 vs. the G19 for me.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
GB1

JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The Glock 19 and Sig P320 are pistols that won’t generate many complaints when issued. Open choice I’d go with the M&P Compact 2.0 clean slate or not.

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The M&P 2.0c gets my vote. My nephew has a 320 compact that feels a bit top heavy to me. Never have liked the G19. I know it is a very reliable gun and liked by many, but all Glocks just don't fit my crooked hands. The S&W is comfortable for me and points very naturally. I've been a S&W M&P fan since the first time I fired one.

Then you will know the truth and the truth will set you free.
John 8:32

A lie doesn't become truth; wrong doesn't become right; evil doesn't become good, just because it's accepted by the majority...Rick Warren

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Anyone heard from Smith on the 10mm in the 2.0?

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Oddly enough I like the ergos of Glock pistols. The grip angle and the lower barrel position fits my hands and NPA perfectly.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Magnumdood
Oddly enough I like the ergos of Glock pistols. The grip angle and the lower barrel position fits my hands and NPA perfectly.

I think everybody should shoot what they like. However, I haven’t measured, but I don’t think the lower barrel position argument fits when comparing the G19 to the M&P 2.0 Compact.

If we live long enough, we all have regrets. But the ones that nag at us the most are the ones in which we know we had a choice.

Doug
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

I'd love to be able to love Glock. But because of the grip angle and the ergo's I prefer S&W. I've had two Glocks trying to get them to win me over.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Mike74

I'd love to be able to love Glock. But because of the grip angle and the ergo's I prefer S&W. I've had two Glocks trying to get them to win me over.

Same here.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular

G19 gen4 for me.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Glocks do not need new sights and triggerwork.
My G19 is over 20 years old and has all factory parts, as from the factory.
There are better sights out there, and maybe the trigger could be better.
Claybirds at fifty yards are easily broken, at 100 yards they are in danger.
It is a defense tool. The only problem I have ever had was with a metal mag during the ban.

Now, if triggers are a big deal, let's talk 1911.

YMMV, and many want new sights. Just don't confuse desires and trend chasing with necessity.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Glock isn't the only gun choice anymore. There are other choices that may feel better in hand to some shooters, are just as reliable, accurate and may offer better value. I'm not sure why that seems to bother some people.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I agree with that except for the value part..............not a lot of difference in cost between a G-3/4 Glock & a new M&P Compact 2.0. In fact, depending on where you might buy it, the S&W might be more.

MM

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
I agree with that except for the value part..............not a lot of difference in cost between a G-3/4 Glock & a new M&P Compact 2.0. In fact, depending on where you might buy it, the S&W might be more.

MM

MM,
What you say is true, but comparing the price of gen 5 Glocks to the M&P 2.0 (the newest rendition of both) the M&P is substantially less expensive. By about $100 around here. And by the way, I’m not a Glock hater as they are fine, dependable weapons. I just like the M&P better.

If we live long enough, we all have regrets. But the ones that nag at us the most are the ones in which we know we had a choice.

Doug
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've been a Glock guy for years. Own several. But I just picked up a Beretta PX4 Compact Carry.

[Linked Image]

Cerakote slide, front night sight, 15 rounds, rotating barrel reduces felt recoil and allows in-line feeding, decocker only, DA/SA fire control and changeable back strap.

Click Here

I've only had it to the range twice, but it has impressive accuracy and no malfunctions. I'm going to send it to Ernest Langdon for a trigger job and add Talon grip tape. All the controls are easy for me to manipulate even with my oversized hands.

It's too early to say for sure, but I'm thinking this may eventually be my new carry gun. It's just that good.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MontanaMan

MM

Might be a regional thing but I bought my 2.0 Compact for $410 at a local shop. The cheapest I can get a G19 locally is $560. The S&W has steel sights that are usable to me. Glock's plastic slot fillers don't work for me, so a new set of steel sights is an additional expense for my Glock guns. The S&W has better natural ergo's for me, is accurate and runs like a champion, made in the USA with a lifetime S&W warranty. Easy choice... for me.

Edit: Not a Glock hater. I currently have a G20SF and a Gen 4 G19. I've carried a G22 as an issued weapon and shot thousands of rounds in training through the G22. I can and do shoot well with Glock guns. I prefer the M&P series of S&W. If someone else prefers Glock or CZ or whatever, rock on with it.

Last edited by MOGC; 02/20/18.

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
$410 was that Blue Line pricing?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Get this, another local gunshop caters to the LE and tacticool crowd and is a Blue Label dealer. His Blue Label price for the 2.0 Compact is $440. An otherwise everyday price of $495. The shop where I bought mine had the 2.0 Compact for $410 as an everyday price for all customers.

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
A buddy of mine bought his at a store that sells them for $569 but he got Blue pricing at $416.

The cheapest I've seen in a store was $469 and I'm afraid I'm gonna have to buy one, just need to find a better deal.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've been a Glock guy for years. Own several. But I just picked up a Beretta PX4 Compact Carry.

I've got the PX4 Storm, full size .45acp. It's too big to carry but with the lazer/light it makes a heck of a bed room gun.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The new gen 5 Glocks come with steel sights.

Doug
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

675 members (1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 1eyedmule, 01Foreman400, 67 invisible), 3,328 guests, and 1,320 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,378
Posts18,469,479
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.