Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Originally Posted by devnull
Originally Posted by 747
I've been down this excuse road with another smith, out of state. Any recommendations gunsmiths in Texas who are both doing excellent work and honest. My builds will be within driving distance from now on! Thanks to any legitimate and personal experiences you could share. Thanks

This guy is who I would recommend:

http://www.bryantcustom.com/

+1. Mike has done a few for me and I don’t think there’s anyone better.

John

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14
GB1

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by 747
Tx80 I'm about halfway between Houston and San Antonio,but would drive several hours one way to the right Smith. Wheeler is a long way but would still consider if no one real good is closer. Have a friend in Wheeler area could combine trip with a quail hunt. Thanks for responding. 747

Sending you a pm

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by 747
Devnull Ive heard only positive remarks about Mr. Bryant. Thanks

His is a cousin of a good buddy of mine. The guy is as honest as the day is long. He's into benchrest and knows how to build an accurate setup.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Good gunsmiths are hard to find, then you need to keep it a secret so they don't get too popular. wink I generally avoid the rockstar gunsmiths that are blowing and going on the forums. I've had a couple bad experiences from a couple really popular smiths that are followed by the tacticool fanboys. One built me a complete turd and argued that it shot great when it in fact didn't. Finally the barrel maker rebuilt it for free once they got to see what a steaming pile of crap it was.

The other installed a side bolt release in the wrong spot on my action. Then his excuse was he subbed it out, so not really his fault...

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I've known Mike Bryant for close to 25 years. No more honest or better gunsmith. Mike was on this years World Championship Team representing the USA. He can shoot!
Closer to you is Pete Pieper www.precisionbarrelwork.com. I've known Pete for 25yrs. Top notch smith and very honest.Pete is also a top bow hunter.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
is that the guy that picked a peck of pickled peppers?

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Yep. But how many?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
deer hunter, count me in on being scammed. He has a rifle and my money and now will not even return emails or phone calls. He is about to get a big surprise sprung on him...

I bet he looks at these threads often

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
D
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Reloder28
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
deer hunter, count me in on being scammed. He has a rifle and my money and now will not even return emails or phone calls. He is about to get a big surprise sprung on him...

I bet he looks at these threads often

Trust me...Ryan has taken notice.

Buy once, cry once.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Huntinfool18
I see the point you guys are making. You guys don’t know the whole situation. There’s more to it then that. Job,kids,family it all adds up. I will ship the remaining parts when I get the the shop. I don’t know what else to say.

We all do jobs, kids, grandkids, family & things like yard work. Has yet to deter me from keeping my word, even to my own hurt, & maintaining my integrity.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by butchlambert1
I've known Mike Bryant for close to 25 years. No more honest or better gunsmith. Mike was on this years World Championship Team representing the USA. He can shoot!
Closer to you is Pete Pieper www.precisionbarrelwork.com. I've known Pete for 25yrs. Top notch smith and very honest.Pete is also a top bow hunter.

Pete is a good man.

Robert E. Lee
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Pete Pieper was top on the list I sent to 747

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So did he come through, deerhunter? Bolt and everything?

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless
D
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by 257heaven

Not fully....there will be an update on Friday....stay tuned.

Buy once, cry once.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by Huntinfool18
I’ve made my intentions clear and I am doing the right thing by owning my mistakes and making things right which is what I’m doing. I have started paying the nessasary people back weather you guys believe it or not. I’m not running from my problems like a lot of others would do.
It’s kind of odd how big of a difference all of you talk to me in person versus on here to the public. Everybody is understanding and polite in person then on here to the public making threats and being a badass. Didn’t make sense. Deerhunter, you being one of the people I have talked to in person and agree to give a refund,which is on its way tomorrow.
Honestly I deserve all the bad mouthing you guys are giving me, no denying that. Yes I have all corespondents from the people I’ve had issues with but there is no need for it. I’m out of the gun business FOREVER. I’ve turned in my paperwork to both the state and atf. My ffl is expiring in June and will not be renewed. My machines and all equipment are sold. Ive found out the hard way that I am not a business person. But like I said, I fill that I am doing the right thing by owning my mistakes and making things right with the appropriate people.

Sweet Jesus, that reads like a chick being raised by a woman that has NO concept of what being a man is.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by deerhunter5555
Originally Posted by 257heaven

Not fully....there will be an update on Friday....stay tuned.

What a BS clusterfook from the word go, hope you get your gear back Buddy, and Thanks for the heads up!

Trump Won!
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
It’s Saturday. Wondering if you got 100% of your money and components back?

Brian

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Sunday.......

D
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
Update on the debacle...
In the interest of full transparency, Ryan Kelsey has bought the build back from me in full. All I am out is a couple years of my time and a bunch of aggravation.

Buy once, cry once.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Got to ask. Did he pay you out in cash for all the parts you sent him? If so. Wounder why he could not sent the parts back?

Brian

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

201 members (1_deuce, 300_savage, 204guy, 10gaugemag, 260Remguy, 24 invisible), 1,926 guests, and 1,048 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,747
Posts18,495,202
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.