-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I keep an old aluminum baseball bat in the back of the truck. My wife spotted it a while back and asked why it was there. I replied "Just in case I need to play a bit of ball".

Originally Posted by efw
If they’re following too close, however, they get a little tap on the brakes to let them know they’re in my personal space; just enough to flash the lights Then if they don’t get the hint I’ll tap a bit harder so I slow a little. Then if they don’t get it I’ll let off the gas altogether. Finally, I slam on the brakes.

I’m sure that’s induced some rage...

That's the good thing about driving a std shift tranny ........ Just drop it down a gear and let off the gas. Slows it down right fast w/o brake lights. smile

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sure are a lot of self-proclaimed badazzes posting in this thread.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by Triggernosis

When one speaks of potential vehicle crashes involving themselves or loved ones, sure, everyone will be a badass, even you, doesn't have to be physical prowess either, a 90 year old granny that beans me in the head with a 22lr for being reckless and stupid is a badass, and just kicked my butt.

Trump Won!
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

At the time I had my young son in his car seat and I told him to get back in his car before I got out and kicked his everloving azz.

Why would you talk like that to your son?

P

Very Funny . Anyone that swerves their car in front of my car blocking the road and comes at me with my kid in the back seat is in need of a serious azz kicking had he attempted anything. He got back in his car and I never left my car. Capish?

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

Would like to see what you would have done?

IC B2

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
I guess I did. I was in the Des Moines airport a couple of weekends ago to pick up my lady friend's sister in law. It was snowing really hard and we anticipated the flight had been delayed, although we hadn't heard from her if it had. So, I had waited for her to go into the terminal and get information on the flight and when she came out and got in I put the car in reverse but held my foot on the brake and was listening to what she now knew but had not began to back up. No sooner had she started into her story than a car honked behind me and tore around me with a window rolled down screaming insults and amazingly ridiculous nonsense. Then he sped up and I pulled out and drove down the road. When I got up along side him again he began another tirade so I rolled down my window and smiled and calmly said I didn't have to do a single thing he was telling me I had to do and he should get professional help for his anger issue. Told him to have a great rest of his evening, rolled up the window, and continued out away from the the airport to regroup in the cell phone lot. He was still yelling when I looked his way the last time. We had to stick around for the flight for about an hour but I never saw him again after we left the front of the building that first time.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
45 years ago Road Rage was a very civilized sport. Everyone knew the rules and behaved accordingly. Blow it out yer azz and a few middle finger salutes and everyone was on their way. Now, people want to kill you.

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.
Thomas Jefferson

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Harry M
45 years ago Road Rage was a very civilized sport. Everyone knew the rules and behaved accordingly. Blow it out yer azz and a few middle finger salutes and everyone was on their way. Now, people want to kill you.

It's the dysfunction the lieberals have infused into society.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

Very Very True. I am glad I have my concealed permit and sincerely hope I never have to use it .

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
I was on her side.....then they said she drove a Prius.....now I'm conflicted....

I do think the fella better hope her significant other is a calm fellow.......

http://www.unionleader.com/safety/C...e-incident-in-Nashua-goes-viral-02202018

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.
Thomas Jefferson

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mudhen
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Every single distracted driver gets the horn from me. Some of them don't take it very well. IDGAF.

I think "honking" is a regionally acceptable practice.. (Or not)

Some places, you can hear horns honking non stop, and it's considered normal daily driving.

Down here, it tends to piss people off.

Yeah, I got to admit that I will hit the horn when my patience wears thin. It pisses my wife off, though, she says that it's a "Mexican thing." grin

By the time I hit my horn they have already made it clear one way or another that they are distracted. Usually by swerving out of lane, going slow in the left lane, not going on a green, etc. If hitting my horn pisses them off, then I did my job of making them pay more attention to me than to their device. That's the goal of honking.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I was on her side.....then they said she drove a Prius.....now I'm conflicted....

I do think the fella better hope her significant other is a calm fellow.......

http://www.unionleader.com/safety/C...e-incident-in-Nashua-goes-viral-02202018

I agree with the crowd that says she should have never left her vehicle. WTF was she thinking?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Thanks, I was afraid I was being too subtle.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
taking the wife to the hospital one day and was in kind of a hurry. started to pass a Canadian trucker on a short down hill passing lane.
for some reason i never figured out he started crowding me over until he had me almost in the ditch the whole time blowing his horn.
i was driving a 5.9 ho. jeep and was able to blow past him just as a car came over the hill toward me. got back in the south bound lane and saw the north bound car go in the ditch to miss the fugger from CA.
made it to the hospital ,
got the wife checked in and beat feet over to the weigh station. explained to the Dot guy's what had happened and they got the sheriff.
about that time the truck hit the scale and the other car driver came in hotter then a wet hen.
the truck sat there for a week and the driver sat for about that long.
charged him with Assault with a deadly. he made bail and eventually the friggin DA dropped it to reckless endangerment.
if i would have had a piece with me he wouldn't have made it to the weigh station. i was about in that red tinted vision state while he was endangering my girl. no i wasn't thinking straight. never do when my girl is in trouble.

Last edited by deerstalker; 02/20/18.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
No. I do about 11 miles to the office each day and typically pass about 5 oncoming rigs. We always wave at one another, and stop if anyone has issues.

There is a 3-way intersection on my route, and the nearby home owner complains of folks going through at 60 mph. Told him it couldn't be me as I'm usually doing 80.

1Minute
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by Fireball2
In response to Godog57's thread about being road raged, I'm guessing there's more than a few guys here that liked to start sheit in their younger years! LOL. Maybe still do! grin

Wish you hadn’t brought me back into the spotlight. Ha.

My situation was regrettable, and, I suppose, preventable. However, I had had enough of this guy’s crap, and once I reach a point, I don’t back down...he caused me to reach that point. While I don’t anger easily, I’m too old now for that kind of stuff and need to do a better job of thinking things through I suppose.

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.
S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Had a moron tailgating me for 3 miles and there was no real traffic. Got so pissed off I tossed my full heavey duty commute cup into his winshield. Blowhard got the message. Could it have gotton out of hand? Maybe! I work real hard not to get excited and try to stay away from the ragers . You can tell by their driving style.

This was 30 years ago and I've been a model citizen since.

Last edited by sidepass; 02/20/18.

Never take life to seriously, after all ,no one gets out of it alive.
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Godogs57
Originally Posted by Fireball2
In response to Godog57's thread about being road raged, I'm guessing there's more than a few guys here that liked to start sheit in their younger years! LOL. Maybe still do! grin

Wish you hadn’t brought me back into the spotlight. Ha.

My situation was regrettable, and, I suppose, preventable. However, I had had enough of this guy’s crap, and once I reach a point, I don’t back down...he caused me to reach that point. While I don’t anger easily, I’m too old now for that kind of stuff and need to do a better job of thinking things through I suppose.

You are not alone my friend.

LOL
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I pulled up beside a guy on the interstate once and motioned him to pull over. I had to do it several times before he finally did. I pulled in behind him and his wife got out of the truck and walked back to my car. I met her part way and told her that all the cushions from their sofa had blown out about 5 miles back. She busted up laughing and walked off. I couldn't believe a guy sent his wife to check out what the problem was.

Harry
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Any talk of badassitude from me has long since reached the stage of ridiculousness.

My old joints are so gimped up with arthritis that punchin' somebody in the face would put me in a sling for a week even if they didn't hit me back.

I cain't throw a Frisbee,....much less a punch.

Besides,...the inside of my windshield is just a TV show starring crazy people. I just sit there in the car seat and view it with bemused detachment.

The whole fuggin' world has turned into an insane asylum. Jumpin' into the middle of it wanting to fight just makes you another one of the inmates.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

504 members (260Remguy, 1minute, 257 roberts, 1badf350, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 58 invisible), 2,417 guests, and 1,227 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,424
Posts18,489,150
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.