Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by kutenay
I agree with SteveNo, as I oftimes do and Mannlicher, Zumbo is a hack, always has been and this is NOT an "off-the-cuff" remark, the dipschitt actually believes this crap!

Yeah, well,, so much like yourself, eh? Your own press. You "believe".

Keep building your Posse, Koot. I'm sure they (all mentioned by you here) are honored,,Ole Boy. Please, leave me out!

No worries there.

Old Toot

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Quote:

The screams that it isn't about hunting but is about the 2nd amendment is BS. I've read his article a few times and it seems to me that purely from his perspective it was completely about hunting. He didn't say that "black" rifles should be banned. He said they should be banned from hunting use. (I don't agree) but nowhere did he mention anything about ownership. I know my grandfather and father and most of the old timers I grew up around would have also frowned on seein' AR's and AK's in the woods. Just a reaction of the times perhaps, but still they way they "perceived" it. I suspect that that is what Jim Z. was trying to get at but just went over the top in the way he said it.

Unquote!

Mtnman1; Your post is bullsheet! This whole issue certainly is about the 2nd Amendment and our LIBERTY TEETH.

If you're too dumb to get this point, then you're likely a liberal, aren't you?

Whether you or anyone else thinks an AR15 or SKS or AKM shouldn't be used for hunting is what set this whole damn issue off.

I'm glad Zumbo is canned. Too bad he wasn't 47 or 57! I've seen the guy and even had a chance to talk to him (at 2 RMEF conventions in Salt lake City), but his arrogance turned me off.

Get your head out of rectal defalade, Mtnman1. The whole jist of what Dumbo wrote has everything to do with the 2nd Amendment.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by StubbleDuck
Quote:

The screams that it isn't about hunting but is about the 2nd amendment is BS. I've read his article a few times and it seems to me that purely from his perspective it was completely about hunting. He didn't say that "black" rifles should be banned. He said they should be banned from hunting use. (I don't agree) but nowhere did he mention anything about ownership. I know my grandfather and father and most of the old timers I grew up around would have also frowned on seein' AR's and AK's in the woods. Just a reaction of the times perhaps, but still they way they "perceived" it. I suspect that that is what Jim Z. was trying to get at but just went over the top in the way he said it.

Unquote!

Mtnman1; Your post is bullsheet! This whole issue certainly is about the 2nd Amendment and our LIBERTY TEETH.

If you're too dumb to get this point, then you're likely a liberal, aren't you?

Whether you or anyone else thinks an AR15 or SKS or AKM shouldn't be used for hunting is what set this whole damn issue off.

I'm glad Zumbo is canned. Too bad he wasn't 47 or 57! I've seen the guy and even had a chance to talk to him (at 2 RMEF conventions in Salt lake City), but his arrogance turned me off.

Get your head out of rectal defalade, Mtnman1. The whole jist of what Dumbo wrote has everything to do with the 2nd Amendment.

+1 This Post Is Spot On

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
A
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
A
I also like him, and I will continue to support him, but I will also continue to keep an eye on him to make sure he truly follows through in his mission to make amends or at least to educate away his ignorance on the subject.

I have to respect his 40+ years of service to Hunting and Firearms enthusiasts and their issues/causes.

I also believe it is/was all about hunting with him. That is the perspective he was issuing his thoughts and ideas from. It is who he is and what he does. It is what he eats, drinks, lives, and breaths.

The fact that he didn't get the bigger picture of it (IE firearms and the 2nd Amendment) is so obvious as to be a moot point to keep reiterating ad-nauseum. That is the point.

His statements were either ignorant (which he openly confesses) or intellectually dishonest, and it can be both. I was at one time, when I was a liberally bent young jackass, of the same opinion until I was educated (by someone I loved, trusted, and valued their opinions dearly) to realize that no matter how they looked, they functioned no differently than my M1911A-1, or my Glenfield 60... (Give or take - recoil or gas) and that I had unwittingly bought into the, purposely dis-informative, liberally biased, media's portrayal of such firearms.

I find it hard to believe he could be as ignorant, yet it is a possibility especially if he made his (closed on this subject) mind up to not care to be enlightened before this debacle.

Moreover, I would rather we had brought-to-bear our wrath and destroyed the careers of the Nancy Pilosis, John Kerrys, Chuck Schumers and Hillary Clintons of the world, rather than the 40+ year career of service to Hunting and Firearms of Jim Zumbo!

Last edited by American_Nimrod; 02/24/07. Reason: Clarification

-Nimrod
NRA Life Member
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by American_Nimrod

1- I also like him, and I will continue to support him, but I will also continue to keep an eye on him to make sure he truly follows through in his mission to make amends or at least to educate away his ignorance on the subject.

2- I have to respect his 40+ years of service to Hunting and Firearms enthusiasts and their issues/causes.

3- I also believe it is/was all about hunting with him. That is the perspective he was issuing his thoughts and ideas from. It is who he is and what he does. It is what he eats, drinks, lives, and breaths.

4- The fact that he didn't get the bigger picture of it (IE firearms and the 2nd Amendment) is so obvious as to be a moot point to keep reiterating ad-nauseum. That is the point.

5- His statements were either ignorant (which he openly confesses) or intellectually dishonest, and it can be both. I was at one time, when I was a liberally bent young jackass, of the same opinion until I was educated (by someone I loved, trusted, and valued their opinions dearly) to realize that no matter how they looked, they functioned no differently than my M1911A-1, or my Glenfield 60... (Give or take - recoil or gas) and that I had unwittingly bought into the, purposely dis-informative, liberally biased, media's portrayal of such firearms.

6- I find it hard to believe he could be as ignorant, yet it is a possibility especially if he made his (closed on this subject) mind up to not care to be enlightened before this debacle.

7- Moreover, I would rather we had brought-to-bear our wrath and destroyed the careers of the Nancy Pilosis, John Kerrys, Chuck Schumers and Hillary Clintons of the world, rather than the 40+ year career of service to Hunting and Firearms of Jim Zumbo!

1- Support him do what? He stated his agenda and then half hearthedly back tracked when the firestorm started

2- That respect went out when he posted his views(belief's)

3- So what if is was all about hunting with him, if he is that ignorant after 40 years of making a living off of the gun industry then he needs to go

4- "The fact that he didn't get the bigger picture of it (IE firearms and the 2nd Amendment) is so obvious as to be a moot point to keep reiterating ad-nauseum. That is the point"

And that is why he must go

5- "His statements were either ignorant (which he openly confesses) or intellectually dishonest, and it can be both".

His statements were narrow minded and self serving. No one that wrote about firearms for 40 years can be that dumb about firearms ( A semi auto is a semi auto no matter the color)

6- "I find it hard to believe he could be as ignorant"

He is not that ignorant!!!!!!!!!!!!

7- We should not stop here the gun grabbing politions need to be defeated as well

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The real enemy is the democrat party, not Jim Zumbo. Put your efforts into getting Republicans elected or reelected.

"If what I say offends you, you should hear what I don't say."
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Originally Posted by kutenay
I agree with SteveNo, as I oftimes do and Mannlicher, Zumbo is a hack, always has been and this is NOT an "off-the-cuff" remark, the dipschitt actually believes this crap!

Yeah, well,, so much like yourself, eh? Your own press. You "believe".

Keep building your Posse, Koot. I'm sure they (all mentioned by you here) are honored,,Ole Boy. Please, leave me out!

No worries there.

Old Toot

WTF, Toot. Posse? Are you smoking crack? I think Kutenay and I have maybe agreed on two things in years. grin

Last edited by Mannlicher; 02/24/07.

Sam......

M
mtnman1 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
ok, enlighten me, how does Zumbo's commentary on hunting with a "black" rifle relate to the second amendment...

To be very clear I completely and wholeheartedly support 2A and advocate it strongly.

Check out my new website

http://www.howemtnknives.com/
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Your kidding right?

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
It has to be a joke! smile

NRA Life Member
IC B3

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Remember folks, there are some that always violate laws, a small minority, some that are pro gun, a small minority, some are anti gun, a small minority.

Just like that, there are some that will just never get it. Wont' or can't understand the issue and its long reaching consequences.

Jeff

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
M
mtnman1 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
Not in the least, I'm curious as to why you guys are so quick to scream "Liberal" at me or anyone else who advocates 2a strongly agrees with your position that Zumbo was wrong, but doesn't think he deserved to be destroyed over a poorly written commentary. I'm also curious about what your thoughts really are regarding what you think 2a means.

Check out my new website

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
The Washington Post carried the Zumbo story this morning; we really do not need stories like this on Page 3 of the front section. It does not serve our interests at all. The Washington Post is one of the most influential newspapers in the country since it is read by (viturally) all Senators, Congressmen, Supreme Court Judges, DC area Federal and state judges, etc., and is widely quoted.

Agree with the article's facts or not, many gun supporters reactions and statements were extreme and they paint gun supporters to be intolerant and extremist. True, we know the AR's are accurate and interesting, but the general public only sees the military side of the gun's use.

Anti-gun people will refer to the Zumbo story as confirmation of their beliefs about us.

Zumbo is a clod, but our reaction just makes us look bad, as well.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/02/23/AR2007022301709.html

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Gents, I stated my opinion before that we as gunners actually have a tough standard we hold our "advocates" to. Our enemies have NO standards at all. Observe how Pelosi gave a great job to Jefferson who had all that "cold cash" in his freezer. I prefer the tough standards. What the enemy thinks, they will always think. The in-between will have to be brought up to speed on holding someone to a standard.

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Hopefully, Mr. Zumbo will respond to the Post with a printed writing.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed." Seems pretty clear to me

M
mtnman1 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
To start, I fully agree with anyone's right to own firearms of whatever type including AR's/AK's etc. I am also a staunch supporter of hunting rights and especially where game management is concerned.

Having said all that and certainly not trying to give the antis any particular additional ammo, how do you coorelate the 2a to hunting with a "black" rifle?

Seems to me that the bottom line is it scares every gun owner to death that the most minor consession eventually leads to their loss of the right as relates to 2a.

At the same time, I doubt that you think prisoners should be allowed to "keep and bear" or that it's ok for you to walk into the local daycare packin' an uzi.

Sorry if I prefer to take a moderate perspective and try to convince people that I encounter that hold a more neutral position to my way of thinking rather than professing such an extremist attitude that I drive those very folks the other way...

Check out my new website

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Did't see anything in the 2nd amendment mention hunting,what I did see was the right to bear arms,didn't say anything about being in the woods, my home or walking down the street. Mr. Zumbo's "opinion" that "these "black rifles" don't belong in the woods" in fact does then infringe on my 2nd amendment rights.
At the same time, I doubt that you think prisoners should be allowed to "keep and bear"
Prisoners have forfited that right,and where protected by other amendments before they became prisoners.
Seems to me that the bottom line is it scares every gun owner to death that the most minor consession eventually leads to their loss of the right as relates to 2a.
Has been the track record,and modus operandi of the anti gun lobby.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge
"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed." Seems pretty clear to me

+1

Like the Bible says...Either you're with us, or you're Against us.

NRA Endowment Member
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
When Zumbo called the black rifles "terrorist rifles", I took that to mean in the eyes of the public the rifles are associated with.

He blew it big, but I really don't think he was insinuating that all that use these rifles are terrorists.

His attempt to separate hunters from ARs, for the sake of image was dumb and wrong, but I get his point.

Zumbo was thinking of how hunters could improve their image with the public by appeasement, and by now he should know it never seems to work.

Zumbo obviously doesn't shoot ARs, doesn't have a like for them in the field, so he chose them to sacrifice to protect his way of hunting never understanding that he was hurting the very cause he sought to protect.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

77 members (10gaugemag, 7mm_Loco, Akhutr, 300_savage, 16 invisible), 1,364 guests, and 996 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,747
Posts18,495,213
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.