Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Etoh
Concealed carry or open carry?

If that is referring to me, concealed carry. Personally I don't want to give up the element of surprise. To each their own.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
How many golf clubs does anyone need?

What I need is a gun caddy.

Remember - you can only carry 14 at a time. grin

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Codybrown: Same answer from me to your "edited" question... MORE!
Long live the Second Amendment.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
i try to fire mine at least once a month. that means at least 4-10 per day. depends of course on how much i have been reloading.
there are a few that i have neglected and have not fired for a few months. most of my 45/70 loads are not comfy off the bench so they get the least use because of my medical problems.
if i don't shoot on any one day my neighbor comes up to see if i am still alive
got to go shoot a woodpecker drilling on the house!

missed

Last edited by deerstalker; 03/06/18.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by DeanAnderson
"Need" has nothing to do with it right now, they're all wants!

By the time I actually "Need" a gun it will be too late to get the one that I don't have. Buy now what you may need in the future.... The future may not be too far off.

Luke 22:36
εγώ δεν θα συμμορφωθεί
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have one, it’s all I need. 54 cal Traditions.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
None. After I lost all of my guns in that tragic river crossing, I just don't have the heart to get any more.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Redneck
Originally Posted by codybrown
First off, I'm not implying any sort of limit. I'm just purely wondering how many firearms you actually use out of your collections regularly. "Go to" guns per se. Personally I have a couple handguns I regularly carry, and 4-5 other rifles that I regularly shoot. I'm judging on average times I shoot them a year. There are others I pull out and shoot every 1-2 years, and still others I have yet to shoot since I have bought them.

For those that have multiple calibers that are fairly comparable, do you find yourself using a broad range of them, or is there a specific rifle that you always find yourself grabbing without fail?

Just a thought rattling around in my head today.

Got everything from .17 Rem to .375HH.. But what I recommend for everyone is to have at LEAST one gun for every window in the house.. laugh

Redneck,

You are usually a very smart man, but not this time!

If my wife reads your post,
she is going to want a much bigger house! wink

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Per your title. Non of your damn business and all I can afford (ain't much).

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The question I'm really looking for the answer is how many of your firearms do you use on a regular basis? I/E more than a couple times a year.

Research related? What happened to common sense gun control, why has it switched to research?

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Depends entirely on how broke I am.

This ^^^^ Very funny and true...If I wasn’t a Varmintguy, I would own a lot fewer shoot’n irons. But, with heating up of barrels and liking to play around with blood misting critters from 25 yards out to 500 yards requires options. I have and hunt 5 different big game calibers depending on what my hunt situation will present.

Also, I always carry a backup rifle should a tragedy strike and take my rifle out of action...I would say annually I shoot 85% of my rifles. Some of my 22 LR’s don’t see the field much some years.

If I had to limit myself to a few rifles. I would go with the following. Cooper 17 hmr. Sako Vixen In 223. Weatherby 300 mag with a Lilja barrel. Pistol, Wilson Professional in 45 ACP.

😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I dont shoot all that I have with any frequency, but I regularly take them out of the safe and love them a little.

[Linked Image]
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I have 2 I've never shot. Well one I have, but not since its been retubed.

Other than that we shoot everything we have, maybe not exactly every year, but as has been noted, not all the same opportunities arise every year.

Oh yeah, one other one... Ruger 270 the 2 things i hate most in one gun, its setup as a loaner so after loading, testing and zero'ing that gun, it will never be shot by me again.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by codybrown
First off, I'm not implying any sort of limit. I'm just purely wondering how many firearms you actually use out of your collections regularly. "Go to" guns per se. Personally I have a couple handguns I regularly carry, and 4-5 other rifles that I regularly shoot. I'm judging on average times I shoot them a year. There are others I pull out and shoot every 1-2 years, and still others I have yet to shoot since I have bought them.

For those that have multiple calibers that are fairly comparable, do you find yourself using a broad range of them, or is there a specific rifle that you always find yourself grabbing without fail?

Just a thought rattling around in my head today.

EDIT: Realized how I typed the initial title was contradictory. The question I'm really looking for the answer is how many of your firearms do you use on a regular basis? I/E more than a couple times a year.

In response to your edited title.

Why does it matter. If it were hammers, of which I have many from the size of a tack hammer up to 5-8 lb single jacks, would you ask the same questions? I use framing/finishing size hammers more than once a month, some of the others way less.

Shovels, I have a variety also. Some get used frequently, some not so much. Same goes for rakes etc.

Cooking stuff: I have an apple corer/peeler that gets used once or twice a year, a pizza stone the same amount, canning pot same along with the jar tongs.

Wood: I keep short sections of boards others might throw away. Then again I live a 20 min trip to town, which I don't want to have to drive to for a 2' length of 1x2, nor do I want to cut an 8 footer if I don't have to.

Clothes: Ha Ha, do I "need" or use frequently the heavy wool LL Bean coat, or the dual layer long johns. Neither got used this year as it's been relatively mild, only down to 0 or thereabouts a time or two. Nothing like the -26.5 of last year. I go barefoot or sandals most of the year. Do I have to justify the two pairs of pull on work boots, some hunting boots, some lace up work boots, 2 pair of romeos (one steel toed), and so on?

Hats...................let's not even go there. I probably have a minimum of 87 ball caps, western hats, sow'westers, beanies (toques for you Canucks), Greek fishermans hats, 2 Stormy Kromer's, and I bet I'm forgetting even more. laugh

How many I use/need is a totally useless question to ask. Last time I checked we live in a free society (sorta) and what I choose to own/possess is really not a matter for discussion.

I have a 7 acre RANCH (someone will see what I did there wink ) that is mostly in native sage/juniper, unused, not being productive (except for the critters that like it) and some would ask "why do you need all that land, do you use any more than your yard more than once or twice a year?"

Geno

PS, are you REALLY sure you're not implying any limit? In the interest of an adult discussion around the campfire, why don't you come right out with it?

PPS It seems some guy in AK figured this one out also

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I DREAD the one month a rule on buying guns. Since we don't buy one a month, but if the idiots enact it, I'll feel obligated to buy one a month from then on just to prove a point to stupid plucks.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I don’t have time to shoot all I have, but I need them.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I was going to simplfy my life and sold all my guns but one with the plan of buying 3 new one's for a total of 4 with really good optics. That same week the number grew to six grin I would like to keep it at 10 but I'm thinking 15 might be a more realistic number.

If Whitetail Deer and Hogs were my big game, a 223 and a reloader would cover about everything I'm interested in.

I make sure to have more cast iron skillets than guns so people won't think I'm some kind on nut though.

Last edited by DryPowder; 03/06/18.

I'm here to increase my social credit score and rub elbows with some of the highest rollers on the internet.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
The more I think about it, it really isn't anybody's business how many I have, or how many I actually use.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
in 1994, former Sen. Phil Gramm, R., Texas, famously told a National Rifle Association (NRA) convention, "I own more shotguns than I need, but not as many as I want." The senator's office decor included a Winchester rifle and a Civil War pistol.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
I don't have any safe queens. All get used. Some more than others, but they all send lead down range as often as I can make it happen.

Sam......

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

411 members (10Glocks, 10ring1, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 160user, 1badf350, 40 invisible), 1,894 guests, and 1,206 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,633
Posts18,493,125
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.