Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
vapodog Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
While I've not read much about it.....and yes, I have one, the most popular gun ever built goes without notice anywhere. No one discusses it on any of the forums....yet it's used extensively throughout the United States (and possibly elsewhere) and used by a myriad of people.

I don't have any sales data but clearly it just has to be the number one seller of all time.

It's range is vastly exaggerated by the sales force but folks buy them anyway. This gun can be used as a shotgun, however I suspect much more use is as a rifle. Ammo is dirt cheap and is of one metal and as a matter of fact the ammo can actually be good for humans and has never been known to kill raptors or other wildlife that might feed on it's dead victims.

Further it's appearance as an assault rifle has not caused any sort of governmental desires to vanquish it from the market even though it's magazine holds a very large number of shots.

There is a target rich environment for it in most places which contributes to it's popularity.

JB.....why has this extremely popular gun never been discussed here?.....and ,yes, I'm referring to the BUG-A-SALT

GB1

M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
Apparently rifle loonies have only recently started catching on, due to a popular Facebook ad. It looks like a lot of fun, partly because it can be used on back yards! (Or at least most of 'em. There's probably there's some jurisdiction, somewhere that automatically banned it due to its name.)

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I’ve seen them for sale at Gunshows. Liberals will want to ban them, next.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
vapodog Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
I’ve seen them for sale at Gunshows. Liberals will want to ban them, next.
I wonder if the 2nd amendment applies to these guns?

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
The lever action thirty-thirty. It may not hold the highest sales records, however, it is deeply "Americana".

IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I use a AR-10 in a 243 win. for coyotes that I had built in Missuola,MT. by Norene Firearms ,I also have a couple of 556/223 great fun guns all of them and are all good predator guns with quick follow up shots. my AR-10 always shoots under a half inch and when the action is fast and more then one coyote comes in with this semi-auto I have a much better chance at more than one coyote now.

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
This thread is a good test to see who actually reads the original post.

The first great thing is to find yourself and for that you need solitude and contemplation. I can tell you deliverance will not come from the rushing noisy centers of civilization. It will come from the lonely places. Fridtjof Nansen
vapodog Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ChetAF
This thread is a good test to see who actually reads the original post.

I started this thread to bring out a little, but needed, firearms humor.....actually, the BUG-A-SALT is one of my most used and most fun "guns"....if one can call it that!...do as you wish!

M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
Chet,

Exactly.

I've mentioned this before a few times, but quite a few Campfire members are so eager to "vote" they never read beyond the header before posting. And many never read beyond the first post before commenting, so never realize their posts is entirely redundant, or contradicted by others with more information.

But that's the way of the Campfire, and much of the Internet. It's a total democracy, without any requirement for proof of identity.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Chet,

Exactly.

I've mentioned this before a few times, but quite a few Campfire members are so eager to "vote" they never read beyond the header before posting. And many never read beyond the first post before commenting, so never realize their posts is entirely redundant, or contradicted by others with more information.

But that's the way of the Campfire, and much of the Internet. It's a total democracy, without any requirement for proof of identity.

What? you mean I can't vote for the Ruger Hawkeye (original one) and the Marlin 62 (of which I have one). wink

They are popular with me.

Logic, always logic......... Data and Experience too. Just where do you think you are? grin

Geno

PS, best wishes for you and Eileen to have a great spring. Judging by our weather it's right around the corner.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I got one of those bug-a-salt weapons of mass destruction for Christmas 2016. Very handy little rifle err shot gun. It rarely requires a second shot.

Last edited by Bugger; 03/08/18.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
I've bought, and given as gifts, about a dozen of them! This past Christmas I gave several of the new Bug-Beam lasers as gifts. It makes them even more deadly! Folks that don't have one, need one. More fun than you can imagine.

https://bugasalt.com/

Here's mine, complete with Bug-Beam
[Linked Image]

Charter Member
Ancient order of the 1895 Winchester

"It's an insecure and petite man who demands all others like what he likes and dislike what he dislikes."
szihn

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Statistically the most popular gun ever made in history is the AK 47.
The second most popular ever made is the Mosin Nagant. Both Russian designs. Both made and/or assembled in factories in some 50 different countries.

But we need to define "Popular".
Does that mean the one made in greatest numbers and most used, (as above) or the ones made in the greatest numbers and sold to individual citizens? If a "government purchase" is the measuring stick, the Russian guns trump everything else. In fact the AKs probably trump the top 20 civilian sales combined world wide. (counts vary, but numbers of Kalashnikov made to date is somewhere around 127,000,000 or more)
Mosin Nagants have been made at around 90,000,000 to 113,000,000 according to U.N sources. Not that the UN is trust-worthy, but I think the point is made. The low number is still 12X more guns than all the Winchesters M-94s ever made.

If we look at for example a M-94 Winchester we can come up with about 7.5 Million. But the largest majority of them were bought by individuates, so that can be said to be VERY popular, but ALL of them were made by Winchester, and they were all sold in 117 years.

Look at the AR-15 which leads the rifle sales in the USA today, and it's been made by a few dozen companies in the USA and over seas too, and sales of ARs today are so far in front of M94s that it's not even a contest, but have 7.5 Million been sold?
No!
Why?
Because they have become wildly popular only in the last 15 to 20 years.
The M-94 has a bit of a head start, don't ya think?

So...how do we answer the question?

"Popular" needs to be defined first or we really can't answer it.

Last edited by szihn; 03/08/18.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by vapodog
While I've not read much about it.....and yes, I have one, the most popular gun ever built goes without notice anywhere. No one discusses it on any of the forums....yet it's used extensively throughout the United States (and possibly elsewhere) and used by a myriad of people.

I don't have any sales data but clearly it just has to be the number one seller of all time.

It's range is vastly exaggerated by the sales force but folks buy them anyway. This gun can be used as a shotgun, however I suspect much more use is as a rifle. Ammo is dirt cheap and is of one metal and as a matter of fact the ammo can actually be good for humans and has never been known to kill raptors or other wildlife that might feed on it's dead victims.

Further it's appearance as an assault rifle has not caused any sort of governmental desires to vanquish it from the market even though it's magazine holds a very large number of shots.

There is a target rich environment for it in most places which contributes to it's popularity.

JB.....why has this extremely popular gun never been discussed here?.....and ,yes, I'm referring to the BUG-A-SALT

I have never seen one of those here.

But this list is what interested me.

List of most-produced firearms

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Obviously the posts here have again overlooked what happens in most homes from the Ozarks to Montana. Few people would waste salt on a bug and just shoot them with the gun close by.

Originally Posted by RJY66

I was thinking the other day how much I used to hate Bill Clinton. He was freaking George Washington compared to what they are now.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Chet,

Exactly.

And then there is the issue of starting a whole new thread about something that already has a thread (or more) clearly labeled as being about that very topic.

Last edited by 5sdad; 03/08/18.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
CWT Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
There are certainly no flies on the Bugasalt.

Alcohol, Tobacco & Firearms should be a convenience store; not a government agency.
CWT Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I also very much like the laser adapter kit as it comes with a nice suppressor too.

Alcohol, Tobacco & Firearms should be a convenience store; not a government agency.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Went to a Friends of NRA event in Dalhart a few years back. They had some on their Live Auction. The guys (all at one table) that bought them spent the rest of the evening shooting flies. They were having a blast (no pun intended).

Support your local Friends of NRA - supporting Youth Shooting Sports for more than 20 years.

Neither guns nor Liberals have a brain.

Whatever you do, Pay it Forward. - Kids are the future of the hunting and shooting world.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I want one! (Yep, I read the whole thread.)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

469 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 163bc, 42 invisible), 2,151 guests, and 1,166 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,246
Posts18,486,192
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.