Huntz Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H

Last edited by Huntz; 03/06/18.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
GB1

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
If all of the Optics are like there spotting scopes......No wonder they are going out of Business...Pure Junk.

“When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.”
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I have one of their scopes and like it. It was cheap enough that I decided to gamble on its long term viability. I did not put much stock in their lifetime warranty.

The moral of the story is that you always take a chance when buying from a small company with no track record. If they don't stay in business, your warranty won't be worth anything. Of course the same could be said of some large established companies. When my Pentax camera quit working, and it would cost more to repair it than what it would cost to buy a used one, or even a newer competitive camera, I wrote off about a grand as so much junk. Pentax not longer handles their own warranty repairs, and the company seems to have gone the way of the dodo bird.

Some of the newer companies offering rifle scopes appear to offer innovative products and great value, but you have to consider how much you're willing to gamble.

Caveat emptor.

Paul

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
H
Huntz Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
That is why I refrain from buying products from start up company.A lifetime warranty is only good if the business stays in operation.Burris,Nikon,Leupold,Zeiss,Meopta and more have stood the test of time.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Paul39

The moral of the story is that you always take a chance when buying from a small company with no TRACT record. If they don't stay in business, your warranty won't be worth anything.

Caveat emptor.

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

Speaking of which, the Tract guy seems to have disappeared again...

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The Alpen folks were great people. As for their products, they made too many levels. Anyone buying a low end product made assumptions about the whole line. If you bought from their top end, you were likely satisfied. I never figured out why they made so many models.

"I was a deerhunter long before I was a man." ~Gene Wensel's Come November (2000)
"A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user." ~Theodore Roosevelt
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Everyday Hunter
The Alpen folks were great people. As for their products, they made too many levels. Anyone buying a low end product made assumptions about the whole line. If you bought from their top end, you were likely satisfied. I never figured out why they made so many models.

Alpen never made anything, they just placed their order in to the large mfrs. in China.

There are many clone type sellers, and some new ones pop up every year, so just consider what a lifetime warranty means.

It means only for the life of the company. Zenray, is also tits up.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Farmboy1

It means only for the life of the company. Zenray, is also tits up.

I have to give props to Cameraland on that front. I bought some binos last year and had it narrowed down to 2 options, one of which was a Zen Ray. Called up CLNY and they recommended against the Zen Ray because of recent (at that time) poor service response.

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

537 members (1badf350, 1minute, 270cowboy, 2500HD, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 58 invisible), 2,355 guests, and 1,355 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,167
Posts18,503,094
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.