Why? They're free.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
You should of handed her five dollars at a time, from that money. Make her deposit all $150. back into your account. One transaction at a time. Make her work for the inconvenience. If you have the time.
Then change banks.

If you hunt with your kids. You should not have to hunt for your kids.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Leanwolf
LIGHTNING - " ... she stated that "You could be money laundering"! ..."

Yeah, she's right. That's what those shifty fellows in the drug cartels do. Deposit $150 here, and $150 there ... petty soon they've laundered $2,000,000,000.00 or so.

crazy

L.W.

That's what I was thinking.....$150 isn't going to sound any alarms.
Stupid bank.....

IC B2

L
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by watch4bear
Why? They're free.

I guess if you have to ask I can't help you. Continue on!

Last edited by lightning; 03/07/18.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I guess if you have to ask I can't help you.

Likewise. Find another bank and stand in line grin

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If you are going to change banks anyway, look into opening an account at a credit union. They usually have free checking if you keep a minimum balance, and they tend to treat customers as if they appreciate them.
What a concept !

Nifty-250

"If you don't know where you're going, you may wind up somewhere else".
Yogi Berra
L
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
Originally Posted by Leanwolf
LIGHTNING - " ... she stated that "You could be money laundering"! ..."

Yeah, she's right. That's what those shifty fellows in the drug cartels do. Deposit $150 here, and $150 there ... petty soon they've laundered $2,000,000,000.00 or so.

crazy

L.W.

That's what I was thinking.....$150 isn't going to sound any alarms.
Stupid bank.....

Just what I was thinking FieldGrade, STUPID BANK!

L
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by nifty-two-fifty
If you are going to change banks anyway, look into opening an account at a credit union. They usually have free checking if you keep a minimum balance, and they tend to treat customers as if they appreciate them.
What a concept !

Was a member back home at a Credit Union, and I'm in the process here to find another one. All the clerks at Fifth/Third were millenials, and didn't have a clue! Can't wait to be gone!

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Two words......

Credit Union.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My local grocery store (Kroeger affiliate) has Western Union money orders, takes cash. Or leave money in bank and ask for a cashiers check they will even type in the name of the recipient. My bank does not charge for a cashiers check.

Ed

A person who asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes the person who never asks is a fool forever.

The worst slaves are those that put the chains on themselves.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
There is also this fallacy or old wives tale that a regular check is as good as a MO. It's not. When I get a MO or cashiers check I've put the money up front to purchase them. When the seller receives it...it's just like receiving cash. Should be no wait at all. Any bank worth their salt just looks at the amount and cashes it. It's real money. Some people just can't get that. powdr

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
What banks have you been able to walk in off the street, not being an account holder, and cash a MO or Cashiers Check?

Not at the banks that I have done business with over the last decade at least...they treat MO, cashiers checks and personal checks all the same. They all have to be deposited into an account to be processed until they are cleared by the issuing bank. That process can take weeks or months.

The issue is that due to extensive counterfeiting, a bank MO or Cashiers Check is no more secure than a personal check, and are treated by banks in the same manner.

In other words, they will accept them for deposit and release cash against the deposit up to the account limits, but the bank is just a middleman, and if they turn out to be counterfeit, the bank will remove the money from the account holder. That can happen several months later.

USPS MO are not quite 100%, but pretty close, and only 100% when cashed at the PO.

No bank that I know of will cash them with no questions asked.

"Supernatural divinities are the primitive's answer to why the sun goes down at night..."
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Boogaloo, you're wasting your breath with this guy. This has been hashed over before, and he just doesn't get it. You can lead a horse to water, but you can't get him to pull his head out of his a$$.

Talk is cheap. It takes money to buy whiskey.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have to be desperate for something to go to the trouble of getting a money order, especially a USPO money order that many insist upon. For transactions in the $50 range, I put the cash in an envelope, and for others I send a check and tell the recipient to hold the goods until they are satisfied that it cleared. Most checks clear very quickly these days.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Mudstud, you and bugaloo must not be in very good standing w/your bank or financial institution. When I receive a MO or a cashiers check...I go to my credit union and cash it right there...right then. Who goes into a bank to cash anything they don't do business with? It takes weeks or months to clear at your institution...damn, you need to change banks. Now who's got their head up their ass. powdr

Last edited by powdr; 03/08/18.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
My bank has a cell phone app that lets me deposit checks on the spot. I log in, take photos of both sides of the check, and click 'deposit'. Every one I've done that way has cleared by morning of the next working day.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Thanks Rock Chuck. Glad to see not everyone is not mentally challenged. powdr

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
I stopped at my bank to cash my paycheck.
The teller refused, said they would have to deposit it,
but, if I had enough in my accounnt to cover the check, I could withdraw any excess.

So I couldn't cash my check,
and if I deposited it, they froze an equal amount of my account.

WTF

I had used this bank for 30+ years.

My new bank cashes my f'n paycheck, no problem.

I had a bank like that many years ago when I moved to this area. Same BS about the payroll check every Friday for a couple of months plus other BS whenever I had any dealings with them. I went in one day and cashed my check then told them I would like to close my account. They said I could not close the account because they had to have the money in my account to cover the check I had just cashed. I left there and drove directly to another branch, told the teller I would like to close my account and got my money. Stupid SOB's weren't doing anything to keep crooks from being crooks, they were just running off good customers. I have never experienced anything like that bank since.

I have had all my accounts at US Bank for the past 10 years and have been very happy with them. However, they do require that funds for a money order be drawn from my account. They started that a year or two ago, but it is not a big deal to me. I am more annoyed at the grocery store that requires me to remove my ID from my wallet and present it to purchase beer (I'm well over twice the legal age).

"There's no schadenfreude like Hillary Clinton schadenfreude."
- Tamara Keel
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

122 members (01Foreman400, 300_savage, 1_deuce, 308xray, 673, 2500HD, 9 invisible), 985 guests, and 945 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,090
Posts18,522,088
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.