A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by scenarshooter
Originally Posted by Judman
[Linked Image]

I can't wait....cabin fever is at an all time high!

Let's see some pics!

This is a Montana Blackie from 2011, spot and stalk.

It’s cool when the weather is shiitty up Glasgow, we get to see cool pics... grin

laffin' A guy can only reload so much ammo....spring can't get here soon enough.... meanwhile, more pics coming........;)

The boys and I just came in from shooting on a bright sunny day. No wind! Glad to see the weather breaking here finally. We are ready for spring. Bart.

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Really enjoying this thread....and wishing I had more vacation time!

smile

Thanks!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Great thread, getting me pumped up for spring bear.
Thanks Pat

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Thanks for posting these, nice bears and pics.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
My buddy tried to get this one killed last fall, but couldn't outsmart the bugger.

Looks like a brute.

[Linked Image]

Proud NRA Life Member
IC B2

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle

A lot of stunt shooters in your area with those 22 rifles Pat!
grin...

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
nice pics when shooting bears remember space between ears, small space young one, big space mature bear, LOL

It is better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Some great pics in this thread, thanks all for sharing.

Full on Spring down here though a bit cool for this time of year, Im not complaing however. Having lived in the nort country most of my life I can relate to spring fever, always hated March. Sick of winter by then, cant even get out after trout yet, ice fishing has usually list its flavor by now.

Here is an AK bear I posted on here before. My biggest, squares right at 7’
[Linked Image]

Another AK bear, around 6.5 sq, sorry for the poor iphone scan
[Linked Image]

Also hunt them a bit in my birthstate of PA in the fall. Have seen a few but for one reason or another never closed the deal. My buddy on the other hand is a bear hunter extradoraire. He’s taken several PA bears and usually passes on some every year. He’s also taken several bears in AK with me. Here is a good bear he took while he was helping me try to fill a doe tag. He’s already field dressed at this point, a fat bear!

[Linked Image]

Stuck in airports, Terrorized
Sent to meetings, Hypnotized
Over-exposed, Commercialized
Handle me with Care...
-Traveling Wilbury's
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Great bear pics fellas!

Semper Fi
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Great Pictures cool cool

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Looks like some good times.

Bear hunting is a blast in my book. I had fun hunting bears last fall with some guys from our church, we got three bears. I'm thinking about going back to Montana this spring. Hunting bears up there is never wrong. The guys I hunted with last fall, are talking about doing another hunt for bears this coming fall.

Have a great day.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
Some outstanding photos and awesome bears... Great..

Molon Labe
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by pointer
Nice bear and pic. I wish I could get after them this spring, but it won't be happening this year. Bears skunked me 3yrs ago in MT and it's about time for a rematch; hopefully soon.

It's all about timing...this spring might be a bit later than usual with heavy snowpack. Normal prime time for most of Montana seems to be from May 10th through the 20th.
I was there in prime time, but the local that was giving me a hand said I was about week late. Green up was a bit early that year. Hard to plan for that 27 driving hours away. I do plan on giving them a go again though.

PS- I totally dig your pics, especially your hats. I've always wondered how you became a Tigers fan?

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Nice bear and pic. I wish I could get after them this spring, but it won't be happening this year. Bears skunked me 3yrs ago in MT and it's about time for a rematch; hopefully soon.

It's all about timing...this spring might be a bit later than usual with heavy snowpack. Normal prime time for most of Montana seems to be from May 10th through the 20th.
I was there in prime time, but the local that was giving me a hand said I was about week late. Green up was a bit early that year. Hard to plan for that 27 driving hours away. I do plan on giving them a go again though.

PS- I totally dig your pics, especially your hats. I've always wondered how you became a Tigers fan?

You need to have alternate game plans. NW Montana always greens up in front of SW Montana. Sometimes by as much as two weeks. If you're too late there, go to the later greening areas, or the other way around.

My dad was a Tigers fan....kinda rubbed off on me...

Luck....is the residue of design...
[Linked Image]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks for the info, I will keep that in mind for my next trip. Might just pick the week to hunt and wait to narrow down the area closer to time.

I'm a Cards fan for much of the same reason, but also grew up 2.5hrs from the stadium making it a bit easier to be a fan. I will say I'm a big fan of Miggy!

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Thanks for the info, I will keep that in mind for my next trip. Might just pick the week to hunt and wait to narrow down the area closer to time.

I'm a Cards fan for much of the same reason, but also grew up 2.5hrs from the stadium making it a bit easier to be a fan. I will say I'm a big fan of Miggy!

You probably don't remember the 68' World Series, Tigers-Cards. Bob Gibson's heyday....pals and I listened to the games at school on transistor radios...

[Linked Image]
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
As much as I want to be in, I might be out for the first time in over 20 years. I had rotator-cuff repair 2 weeks ago, and hoping to be able to master my .223 left handed by late May. I usually spend 30+ evenings a spring hunting MT black bears so it will be a tough spring if I cannot get out.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Greenhorn
As much as I want to be in, I might be out for the first time in over 20 years. I had rotator-cuff repair 2 weeks ago, and hoping to be able to master my .223 left handed by late May. I usually spend 30+ evenings a spring hunting MT black bears so it will be a tough spring if I cannot get out.

I'll carry you on my back....;)

Or pull you up the mountain in a game cart....

[Linked Image]
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I think I'll be able to walk fine, it's the shouldering a rifle that might not be ready yet.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Damn, long recovery

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

484 members (10gaugemag, 204guy, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 007FJ, 57 invisible), 2,785 guests, and 1,296 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,491
Posts18,471,981
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.