Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
From the website and lmao:

"These disease carrying gangs and their maggot counterparts must be exterminated at all costs. We the people must join forces to combat these $h*t breeding [bleep]*ker$!"

GB1

U
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
U
A classic thread. All it needs now is for Larry/Big Stick to jump in and tell us how to really use an a-salt gun.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I spent more time on the website trying to kill that pesky fly than I did reading the product specs.
Finally got the little bastid!

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ChetAF
This thread is a good test to see who actually reads the original post.

No doubt!

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I have not used a bug a salt gun but am very interested. What is the effective range? I suppose, for long range shots, I can return to using the Red Ryder but I have to use some care to avoid collateral damage. I have been thinking airsoft but wonder about accuracy as well as whether or not the plastic pellets would be environmentally friendly. Looking for minute of fly at 30 feet or so. GD

IC B2

vapodog Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by greydog
I have not used a bug a salt gun but am very interested. What is the effective range? I suppose, for long range shots, I can return to using the Red Ryder but I have to use some care to avoid collateral damage. I have been thinking airsoft but wonder about accuracy as well as whether or not the plastic pellets would be environmentally friendly. Looking for minute of fly at 30 feet or so. GD

from my own experience the BUG-A-SALT has a maximum range of about six inches.....even less if the varmint has a light shell like a lady bug. Possibly if you wait a bit they will come out with a BUG-A-SALT magnum....it would shoot whole peppercorns to amazing new distances.....

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by vapodog

from my own experience the BUG-A-SALT has a maximum range of about six inches.....even less if the varmint has a light shell like a lady bug. Possibly if you wait a bit they will come out with a BUG-A-SALT magnum....it would shoot whole peppercorns to amazing new distances.....

The obvious answer for the ne plus ultra would be a BUG-A-Salt Creedmoor.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I wish these existed back in the 90's. I was living in a 1 bedroom apartment in Plant City Florida. The banana spiders down there were the size of coasters. The first one I hit with a rolled up magazine against hte ceiling made such a mess I had to paint the ceiling in that spot! I went to K-mart and bought a spring fired plastic ball shooting replica of a S&W model 39. I had more fun that summer shooting spiders in the apartment than I did hunting outside!

Welcome to TN - patron state of shootin’ stuff
vapodog Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
quote]

[/quote]
This just has to be the funniest line posted on the fire in years.....LOL.....LMAO

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 5sdad

You will need a fast twist barrel to accommodate the high BC rock salt.

Do you think Bug-A Salt will do a special run with a number two barrel and a special salt grinder? In left hand of course?

The first great thing is to find yourself and for that you need solitude and contemplation. I can tell you deliverance will not come from the rushing noisy centers of civilization. It will come from the lonely places. Fridtjof Nansen
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Or water softener pellets. grin

The first great thing is to find yourself and for that you need solitude and contemplation. I can tell you deliverance will not come from the rushing noisy centers of civilization. It will come from the lonely places. Fridtjof Nansen
vapodog Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Here it is....you heard it here first.....buy stock in Morton salt company.....it's going to be the next Amazon!!!!!

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T

Six inches, what kind of flys you shootin'? I have about a 24" range on house flys and spiders with mine loaded with Morton table salt. Box elder, stink bugs and wasps are tougher and require a point blank range shot or a load of Bug A Salt buck shot......aka kosher salt. It penetrates better but patterns are not as dense.

Charter Member
Ancient order of the 1895 Winchester

"It's an insecure and petite man who demands all others like what he likes and dislike what he dislikes."
szihn

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've seen them advertised and have been on their web site and they seem pretty cool. Looks like something I could have a lot of fun with come summer. The aforementioned Creedmore variant would be interesting and a Magnum model for increased range would be nice. Wonder if I could chronograph one of those things?, LOL.

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
If anyone is interested I have a "Ackley Improved" reamer I am willing to rent out.

vapodog Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
the bug-a-salt creedmore magnum ackley improved.....I think we have a winner here.....

This cabin fever is addictive me thinks.....LOL

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Here is the bug-a-salt when just getting started. https://newatlas.com/bug-a-salt-salty-pest-control/23443/

This site sees a lot of new concepts, inventions, products.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Numerically the AK but I don't think it's because people wanted it. It's what they could get for 2 chickens and half a pack of Newports.
As far as people purchasing something because it's what they want... probably the AR. A bunch of surplus nagants and 1898s out there.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
the bug-a-salt creedmore magnum ackley improved.....I think we have a winner here...... Where can I get some loading data? Also wondering how it groups. And what's the average B. C. of table salt? But seriously; I could see myself getting one of those just for grins.

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Lets not get too carried away, don't want to damage too much meat, gotta save some for pet frogs and venus flytrap.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

585 members (06hunter59, 007FJ, 1234, 10ring1, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 60 invisible), 2,238 guests, and 1,256 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,257
Posts18,486,360
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.