-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
The Federal Energy Regulatory Commission has published its timeline for completing the Alaska LNG project’s environmental review, and it’s later than Gov. Bill Walker had hoped for.
The December, 2019 deadline that FERC has set for the final environmental impact statement means certainty for investors will be pushed off until after March 8, 2020, to accommodate a 90-day public comment period. That’s nearly a year later than expected by project advocates.

Walker and Alaska Gasline Development Corp. President Keith Meyer had set mid-2019 for the timeframe for an investment decision for the massive project that is estimated to cost north of $43 billion. If built, it would bring North Slope natural gas to Nikiski for liquefaction and export to Asia.

AGDC is crafting a deal with the Chinese government that would give China the right to 75 percent of the natural gas, and China would also be largely financing the construction as well.

Governor Bill Walker said, “I thank FERC for approving a timeline for the Alaska LNG Project. This is a major step forward that establishes clarity and predictability in the federal permitting process, which is critical for investors. Keith Meyer’s team at the Alaska Gasline Development Corporation deserves immense credit for continuing to advance a project of this magnitude.”

AGDC will meet with FERC next week to iron out the wrinkles in the relationship between the two. FERC has asked for studies and documentations that AGDC has refused to complete, leading to a stern letter from the federal agency to the state agency in February.

http://mustreadalaska.com/feds-gasline-timeline-pushed-to-2020/

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Meyer doesn't mind delays as he's well paid and benefits are accruing!

As the Looting Of Alaska continues.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

I want some of what AGDC is smoking - they think they can finish an EIS in 2 years!!! I'll place large bet that they don't . . .

Someone has a severe lack of understanding of how Environmental groups can make these things drag on for an eternity. BTDT.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've yet to see a large project get done on time and under budget. Same goes for governmental review.

Needless to say Walker has a pretty high opinion of himself to think he can pull off a project the size of the Alaska gas pipeline when the industry won't go ahead because it doesn't pencil out.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 458 Lott
I've yet to see a large project get done on time and under budget. Same goes for governmental review.

Needless to say Walker has a pretty high opinion of himself to think he can pull off a project the size of the Alaska gas pipeline when the industry won't go ahead because it doesn't pencil out.

The only thing bigger than his ego is his reason for being humble...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
IC B2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

500 members (10gaugemag, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 007FJ, 1beaver_shooter, 59 invisible), 2,795 guests, and 1,272 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,491
Posts18,471,967
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.