Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
bxroads Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
How have I missed these stocks? Anyone have the scoop on them? Their website claims 24 oz with pad. Shell is carbon fiber gel coat and is finish grade, no painting required. I noticed GAP is using the Manners tacticals a lot.

Manners light hunter

GB1

bxroads Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
[Linked Image]

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
George really likes them, and I have heard that they are one tough SOB of a stock... I may try one on a light tactical in the future..

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
BX,

Buy one and let the Campfire know what ya think? Inquiring minds want to know.................

MtnHtr

bxroads Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I'd like to see the truck test on other brands. George Garner (GAP) actually did the test and took the pic. It wasn't planned, he felt he could break it long before that. He gave up when the truck didn't do it.

With this picture I'm not at all bashing McMillan. We all know that they make the best stock. I'm just showing that a breakage can easisly occur in that area.

[Linked Image]

IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

I have gone to his stocks on my competition rifles as well as my composite ones for the hunting rifles. His stuff is the next level and some may realize it others won�t but keep on using the "other guys"! If everyone used his stuff then the lead times would be Ugly! Note the selection of styles of the guys in Arizona but the quality is more consistent.

NRA Life Member
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I think the snakeskin/carbon fiber look is pretty cool!

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I am having HOK khameleon Pearl added to the clear that will bring out different colors depending on the light and angle (looks wicked in the CF). The flames and�punisher� skull are in the HOK fine diamond black and grey! The cold weather here is slowing the work between coats but it it looking so good that I don�t even believe it myself. Will pm pictures to anyone who wants them (they can post as well) when it�s finished next week!

Going to the gun show to look for doner actions!

Last edited by Boss Hoss; 02/11/07.

NRA Life Member
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
i handled them at shot show, i really like his version of the htg, i really liked them and they will be in the running for my next build, plus i believe the lead time is around a month.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I met Tom and his painter and he does more than that---did you jump on the stock he had set up in the fisture?

I will be sending him more work from me.

NRA Life Member
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
From looking at the website, it appears that the choice is limited as far as which rifles/actions their stocks will fit. (I am looking for a stock for a Vanguard/Howa.)

�That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there.� George Orwell
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
A good Smith can make it fit if the tang area is close and the width/depthlength is close/deep enough --the inside of my competition stock was made for a Stiller Viper but I changed my mind and used the Stiller Python--no problem for a CNC Mill or call Tom and talk to him about sending the action dimensions and maybe he has something close in a program that he can modify to work.

Just a thought because once you use/handle one the days of waiting for questionable quality from Arizona will be over.

NRA Life Member
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Try Wild dog stocks from Austrailia -they make carbon fiber hunting stocks .http://www.wilddog.com.au/content/default.asp
I have not used these yet but they sure look good on the website -neat designs. Another choice.
Glenn

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
For a VG/Howa just use a Bansner. Light, stong enough and reasonable. I've done two. Not an expert.
My.02

But as for me and my house we will serve the Lord. Joshua 24:15
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phil. 4:13

I DON'T NEED A WSM AS I HAVE A WEATHERBY!
R
R
On a recent visit to my local rifle range I talked to Steve from Wild Dog who was there testing their latest adjustable tactical stock. I was able to sit at the bench and get a feel for it. Most impressed, it fits like a glove and looks spectacular. It was drawing a lot of interest from the other shooters as well.

In searching the web for photos I found the following link to a UK site with photos of this new Wild Dog tactical stock.

http://z6.invisionfree.com/ukvarminting/index.php?showtopic=785

M
M
Has anyone tried the Wild Dog stock? They also use carbon fiber according to their website. Their tactical stocks really look great.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

585 members (12344mag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 10ring1, 68 invisible), 3,001 guests, and 1,268 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,491
Posts18,471,930
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.