Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
johnw Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Anybody done any fishing with the charter services there? Amazed at how many slips at the marina are home for charter boats. No boats in the water yet but It can't be long.

Best value?
Most fun?
MOST FISH?

"Chances Will Be Taken"

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Too expensive just to catch a couple of fish. Way better to get a buddy with a boat and pay for gas. There are no guarantees out there and we used to feel guilty taking hundreds of dollars off a couple of guys and only getting a salmon or two, or worse when nothing else was hitting we went down to the bottom for the lake trout. Weekends only come once a week and come hell or high water lots of those Minnesota guys would be over in Algoma or Kewanee with their little trailer boats. It's a wonder no one drowned, but they would always fall in behind us to ride the smooth water if it got rough out there. The people are the weakest thing on a boat and many a time they were puking over the side (hopefully) and still paying for the trip to get bounced around. I remember one king salmon that was above us in a wave. Once a charter boat clears the breakwater, it is a trip even if we needed to turn around for rough water. Lots of guys are looking for a fishing crew buddy who will drive the boat and pay for gas.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
johnw Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Thing is, I don't know anybody who lives within 100 miles of the lake who owns a boat. I can find 4 guys who'll split the cost and call it a good day if all they get is a boat ride. We all know what fishing is about...

"Chances Will Be Taken"

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Maybe an ad on Cragslist might turn up some people who need a fishing buddy. It was kind of funny once when we were sharing a very thin walled Canadian fly-in cabin with a group from another state. They had three guys, but advertised for a fourth and what they got was a used car salesman that they were on all week with insults. I over heard them say, "We advertised for a fisherman, but we got an azzhole instead."

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

538 members (1OntarioJim, 007FJ, 1Longbow, 1moredeer, 160user, 10Glocks, 47 invisible), 2,316 guests, and 1,180 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,398
Posts18,470,039
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.