Page 1 of 2 1 2
#12727279 03/18/18
W
wdenike Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
Saw the first negative post anywhere. Right here on the fire, about the chickens not handling the .300 ultra mag. What are others experience with the scopes and the big 30's??

Take care, Willie

Cry to the heavens and let slip the dogs of war. For they must feed on the bones of tyranny. In order for men to have freedom and liberty.
GB1

W
wdenike Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
Guess people are using them on rifles that the recoil hits like a girl. LMAO Rim fire scopes?

Take care, Willie

Cry to the heavens and let slip the dogs of war. For they must feed on the bones of tyranny. In order for men to have freedom and liberty.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Don't get worked up over one bad scope. Even if it is bad,lots of people have been using them on everything for a long time without problems.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
SWFA’s high water mark has been reached. 5 years from now, anybody who comes on the ‘fire and says he shoots a SWFA will be called a dumbphuk and the cool kids will have moved on to something else.

It’s the circle of campfire life.

Originally Posted by shrapnel
I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
I'd not fret putting one on a .300 Ultra. But then I may have read more than one thread on one site...........

My 6x held zero and tracked fine for the last couple hundred rounds on an AR .223, so it's not been torture tested. I did have an issue with an Aero mount, went to Burris rings and have not had a problem since.

I suppose I could throw it on a bunch of rocks a few times like Stick, but I've elected not to.

It is about to get mounted on a Pard's 6 Creed, I suspect it will hold up.

IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by bellydeep
SWFA’s high water mark has been reached. 5 years from now, anybody who comes on the ‘fire and says he shoots a SWFA will be called a dumbphuk and the cool kids will have moved on to something else.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by ringworm; 03/18/18.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Potsy
I'd not fret putting one on a .300 Ultra. But then I may have read more than one thread on one site...........

My 6x held zero and tracked fine for the last couple hundred rounds on an AR .223, so it's not been torture tested. I did have an issue with an Aero mount, went to Burris rings and have not had a problem since.

I suppose I could throw it on a bunch of rocks a few times like Stick, but I've elected not to.

It is about to get mounted on a Pard's 6 Creed, I suspect it will hold up.

PM sent

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by wdenike
Guess people are using them on rifles that the recoil hits like a girl. LMAO Rim fire scopes?

Take care, Willie

If you read that thread you saw mine was broken by a .308.

They warrantied it and it arrived last Friday. Should have time to take it out today.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by bellydeep

If someone else can figure out how to make a scope that works as well for $300, I'm all for it. But there's no denying the fact that SWFA set that particular bar where it is today.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I had a stright 10 go th H-ll on my 7 Wby....thay replaced it no problem. I have a total of three now, and I agree, at 300 bucks they are hard to beat. When I look at new scopes at twice or three times that price, I wonder how they will compare to the SWFA`s.

IC B3

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Anyone who expects a piece of mass produced mechanical equipment to always work, Forever, is fool at best.

We all know any of this stuff could fail at any point.... but those in the know hedge their bets the best they can.

I’ve seen literally 100’s of failed Leupold threads.... and broken several myself. I can count on one hand the number of times I’ve seen an SWFA failure post. I suspect I’ll break one someday.... but when I do, I certainly ain’t gonna bitch about it.

You better pray to the God of Skinny Punks that this wind doesn't pick up......
W
wdenike Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by deflave

Take care, Willie

If you read that thread you saw mine was broken by a .308.

They warrantied it and it arrived last Friday. Should have time to take it out today.

Saw that Travis. Which is what sparked my concern, as the .308 isn't much of a kicker.

Originally Posted by CGPAUL
I had a stright 10 go th H-ll on my 7 Wby....thay replaced it no problem. I have a total of three now, and I agree, at 300 bucks they are hard to beat. When I look at new scopes at twice or three times that price, I wonder how they will compare to the SWFA`s.

How long before it gave up the ghost? And have ya put the replacement on with success?

Originally Posted by smokepole
[quote=bellydeep]SWFA’s high water mark has been reached. 5 years from now, anybody who comes on the ‘fire and says he shoots a SWFA will be called a dumbphuk and the cool kids will have moved on to something else.

If someone else can figure out how to make a scope that works as well for $300, I'm all for it. But there's no denying the fact that SWFA set that particular bar where it is today.

My thoughts exactly.

My reason for asking is, I have a .300 wby with a 20moa rail sitting in the safe. And drew a decent elk tag, and figured it was as good a time as any to try one of their products that so many blow about. Not just here but all over the internet. The .300 rum topic got me thinking I haven't really heard much about them on hard kickers. and after 6 to 7 hundred views on this topic. Beginning to believe my concerns may be valid.

Take care, Willie

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The question is what's harder on the scope, the hard kicker shot occasionally or the mid range chambering fired 1000's of times.

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F

My thoughts exactly.

My reason for asking is, I have a .300 wby with a 20moa rail sitting in the safe. And drew a decent elk tag, and figured it was as good a time as any to try one of their products that so many blow about. Not just here but all over the internet. The .300 rum topic got me thinking I haven't really heard much about them on hard kickers. and after 6 to 7 hundred views on this topic. Beginning to believe my concerns may be valid.

Take care, Willie

They work fine on big guns.

Cognitive dissonance is a funny thing. Are SWFA SS’s as absoluty reliable as a Nightforce Mil-Spec? No, probably not. Are they consistently more reliable and durable than just about any other scope and manufacturer? Yes, absolutely.

Buy the 6x or 10x with Mil-Quad reticle, shooting it, abuse it, and if you don’t like it, I’ll buy it from you.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
What do you consider a better option on a “hard kicker”?

Do you expect said optic to perform on-par with an SS series scope?

Buddy of mine has an old 10x SS on a .300 RUM PSS.... it’s only had about 800 rounds of 208 Amax and 240 match kings through it... never had an issue.

I can’t count the number of SS scopes I’ve used/seen on 7 Mags and 300 Win Mags. Pard has one on a .338 Edge.... etc.

If you’re looking for a reason to not try something... you’ll always find one.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Formidilosus

Buy the 6x or 10x with Mil-Quad reticle, shooting it, abuse it, and if you don’t like it, I’ll buy it from you.

I’ve made said offer several times.... I’ve yet to be forced to buy one.

W
wdenike Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by Formidilosus

My thoughts exactly.

Take care, Willie

They work fine on big guns.

Cognitive dissonance is a funny thing. Are SWFA SS’s as absoluty reliable as a Nightforce Mil-Spec? No, probably not. Are they consistently more reliable and durable than just about any other scope and manufacturer? Yes, absolutely.

Thanks, was hoping you would drop in. Don't know you, but do respect you. I pay attention to recognize those who talk to hear themselves, and waist oxygen. You are not one, Thanks again!!!!

Take care, Willie

Last edited by wdenike; 03/19/18.

W
wdenike Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by Dogshooter
What do you consider a better option on a “hard kicker”?

Do you expect said optic to perform on-par with an SS series scope?

Buddy of mine has an old 10x SS on a .300 RUM PSS.... it’s only had about 800 rounds of 208 Amax and 240 match kings through it... never had an issue.

I can’t count the number of SS scopes I’ve used/seen on 7 Mags and 300 Win Mags. Pard has one on a .338 Edge.... etc.

If you’re looking for a reason to not try something... you’ll always find one.

Thanks to you also.

Take care, Willie

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by 458 Lott
The question is what's harder on the scope, the hard kicker shot occasionally or the mid range chambering fired 1000's of times.

...constant dialing (most likely with the mid-range chambering) is another point to be considered.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
I have been running an SWFA 10X on a sporter weight 300WM with no issue.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

130 members (44mc, 3333vl, 7887mm08, 308ld, 35, 12 invisible), 1,548 guests, and 872 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,766
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.