Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I have been an NRA member for decades, hold an NRA instructor certification and even did some recruiting for them back in the 90's.

After the Las Vegas shooting, instead of keeping his mouth shut, Wayne LaPierre issued a statement basically telling the world that the NRA approved banning of bump stocks.....I know those weren't his exact words, but the meaning is the same. Now, I don't have any desire to own a bump stock, but banning bump stocks because someone used one in a crime is no different than the anti gunners wanting to ban "assault rifles" for exactly the same reason!! The NRA has been saying for years that you can't blame an inanimate object (a gun) when it is misused by a criminal......then, they turn around and do exactly the same thing!!

The NRA leadership knows that the BATF has reviewed bump stocks and has ruled that they do not meet the legal definition of an NFA weapon, yet they open the door and invite the BATF to change the ruling even though the legal definition has not changed. If that isn't consorting with the enemy, I'm not sure what to call it.

Now, again, instead of keeping his mouth shut, Chris Cox issues another statement reversing the NRA position on "extreme risk protection orders" saying it's a great idea as long as the order is subject to due process.......excuse me if I don't trust the government and liberal judges to not abuse and misuse the law when it suits them!! We read about this abuse every day yet Chris Cox wants us to trust that it will be different this time???

Sorry, but the NRA no longer speaks for me.......LaPierre, Cox and any other NRA leadership that agrees with these ideas need to be run out on a rail!

So, how do we get rid of LaPiere, Cox and the rest of the compromisers in the NRA hierarchy and still support the NRA??

Cancer Sucks
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You just get to donate and put up with the junk mail fellas, you don’t get a say so.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Twenty years past time.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
LaPierre is like watching paint dry.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
LaPierre is like watching paint dry.

While submerged in piranha infested waters.

LOL
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Your problem is your opinion is aberrant from the majority of NRA members.

The anti American Constitutional party (Democrat). Wants to dismantle your rights, limiting every aspect of your constitutional rights. Death by 1000 cuts is the tactic. Each cut bleeds constitutional rights to control you. Control is the goal.
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I don’t follow the day in and day out happenings in the NRA. I am though aware of the bump stock issues.
I’ll just say, for the size of the NRA, relative to the population of the USA, the NRA has done quite well the past 20 or so years.
I am a 30 plus year life member and a “Patron” at this time.

NRA Patron
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The NRA even went all in for Donald Trump. They were his biggest super pac donors

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/may/20/nra-endorses-donald-trump-convention

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
[Linked Image]

MOLON LABE

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You guys are lucky to have the NRA and the leadership they have. Considering you had 16 years of Clinton and Obama as Presidents, the NRA has done very well for you.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by AB2506
You guys are lucky to have the NRA and the leadership they have. Considering you had 16 years of Clinton and Obama as Presidents, the NRA has done very well for you.

Yup.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
They do decent work but LaPierre has zero charisma. He inspires almost nobody.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by AB2506

Please tell me how so I won't feel like I belong to a totally feckless association. Money grubbing and crisis mongering LaPierre needs to go(he reminds me of Jimmy Swaggart's money begging) . I can't get over our NRA inaction in the Heller and McDonald cases. I know they joined in at the last after the battle was already won, kind of like when Argentina declared war on Germany on March 27, 1945.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A great article from the owner of Amazon and the Washington post

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...be42df_story.html?utm_term=.6583530cd4d6

MOLON LABE

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P

He must inspire the right people, Antigun legislation doesn’t get a lot of traction in Congress.

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
I think some of the people here are all hat an no cattle. IMHO. There are at least 70 million gun owners and only 5 million NRA members. What is up with that??? Get even 50 million of those gun owners signed up and you will see a whole different NRA. Given what they are up against and have to work with I think they have done a good job. Do I agree with everything they've done. NO! I don't agree with everything my wife does. But this is as much of a two way street as marriage. It appears to me the people that complain the most, do the least. You become a life member and what have you done since??? I get more tired of the whining than I do NRA's deficiencies. I like they have already filed suit against Florida.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by dale06
I don’t follow the day in and day out happenings in the NRA. I am though aware of the bump stock issues.
I’ll just say, for the size of the NRA, relative to the population of the USA, the NRA has done quite well the past 20 or so years.
I am a 30 plus year life member and a “Patron” at this time.

Have those they rep done "quite well"?

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J

He has done quite well.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I inspire myself. I don’t rely on others for that.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thanks for the cited article - it could enlighten some folks about the basic effort that has been ongoing. Anyone who truly believes that the Constitution guarantees a personal right to bear arms, and treasures that right, would do well to understand why, after decades of assaults by those who believe the opposite and who are very determined to prevail, they have not been able to do so.

Several groups and individuals have been important in various aspects of the ongoing battle for this right, and the NRA is only one of the actors. But, it has been - and is - a huge presence in the faces and minds of the opponents centered in DC, and quite a few around the country. Not that the NRA is truly huge in membership or funding, but it helps to have a well-armed giant on your side.

I won't knock the NRA members here who criticize LaPierre and Cox - it is their right and duty as members to voice their views and wishes regarding policy and leadership. I agree that LaPierre does not display much charisma and is not particularly smooth or eloquent with his presentations. I also doubt that, when he was needed and hired for this role, charisma and eloquence were the highest criteria. Maybe it could be time for a change there - it always happens eventually anyway - but I'm thinking it would be difficult to make the case for removal on the basis of poor overall performance results - or for selling out on core values.

Then, too, it might be good for some here to remember that LaPierre does not set NRA policy all by himself, and he alone does not form the positions stated by the NRA. It might also be helpful to remember that he and the NRA are not operating in an environment of somewhat similar mind sets and attitudes as do we here. Political action with controversial issues, particularly on the national scene, is a different animal.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

527 members (06hunter59, 1minute, 257robertsimp, 270cowboy, 1_deuce, 1Longbow, 60 invisible), 2,414 guests, and 1,264 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,543
Posts18,472,903
Members73,939
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.