Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by yukon254
November is going to be a bloodbath.

If the early special elections are any indication, you're probably right.

GB1

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Is time better spent trying to keep up with politics or the story-line on Days of Our Lives?

I don't have time for either. Maybe it's best that I consider it like my 401K. In it for the long haul, watching it day by day ain't no good. Take an overall evaluation of performance right before voting.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Ann Coulter nailed it. Anyone who thinks the Donald is playing 3D chess is delusional. He got rolled plain and simple.

Yep, Ann nailed it.

Last edited by Ghostinthemachine; 03/25/18.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by Vek
The autistic tinfoil types have ID'd lots of money allocated for continuation of OIG investigations, construction of safe houses, and extensive witness protection. Swamp draining?

And, I think the 50mil for the COE stated above is wrong - I thought it read 50 Billion...That's a lot of concrete.

Veto a big Porkulus bill now, have it be overrode (there appear to be enough votes for override), and congress looks heroic going into election season. Sign it, and it is plain to see who the bad actors are, with plenty of time to twitter them to death by fall.

I don't like it either, but there may be more to it than meets the eye.

Vek, you are right. I stand corrected.
It's surprising how many are prepared to jump ship already. Ya didn't think the water was going to get scalding hot before it was over?
That was a brilliant chess move on Trumps part. I see that many shouldn't be in a chess game.

IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by K22

Vek, you are right. I stand corrected.
It's surprising how many are prepared to jump ship already. Ya didn't think the water was going to get scalding hot before it was over?
That was a brilliant chess move on Trumps part. I see that many shouldn't be in a chess game.

"But what ever you do, please don't throw me in the briar patch"

[Linked Image]

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
I'd really prefer that Ann Coulter keep her mouth shut on this. If Trump can turn this around and make something positive out of this mess of a bill then good on him but he's still got it to do.

The bill might just be worth it if it gets McConnell and Cornyn replaced.

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by fester
Big f u c k I n g whoop. It's like your buddy giving you the finger.
Talk is cheap.

Signing the bill on one hand while gutting it with the other is pretty slick.

Did he gut the gun control? He lied to us big 2nd amendment supporter my ass. He threw us away for what? We got not one thing compromise like hell he gave us away. The Republicans and Trump have a real job to ever get a lot of us back.We will see how the chess game does in November. The Dems will take both houses Trump will be a lame duck for the rest of his term, if he lasts that long. Bastard stabbed us in the back plain and simple.

There are no problems that cannot be resolved by the suitable application of high explosive.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
This is a brilliant move by Trump. He makes the democrats look like fools, he gets a blank check to fund what HE wants, can with hold funds at his discretion, gets the wall, doesn't have to worry about DACA, and when the dust starts to settle and people realize what he really pulled off, he gets his base back. What's not to like?

This has to be the best set up and sprung political trap in my lifetime. MAGA, big time!

Last edited by sharpsguy; 03/25/18.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
So what has changed in y’alls lives since he signed it? All they could talk about yesterday was the March, while he kept working.

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
ALDO LEOPOLD
IC B3

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I'm not seeing any hard news anywhere about it this morning.

It can't mean what I thought it meant or there would be howling from the MSM.

Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
Originally Posted by Kimber7man
So what has changed in y’alls lives since he signed it? All they could talk about yesterday was the March, while he kept working.

Everything changed....of all his promises border security, illegal immigration, and the wall were the main reason middle America came out in droves to support him. The omnibus bill not only doesn't give him funding for the wall.....it actually specifically states that he cant use the money allocated for any of the new wall prototypes. Also doest allow him to hire the 1000 new ICE agents we need. There isn't anything in the bill that does anything he wanted other than a huge influx of cash to the military...

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by OutlawPatriot
Congress will cut back on everything except Planned Parenthood and their own pay raise.

Under Gramm-Rudman-Hollings Congress doesn't have a say in it. The Comptroller General is mandated to go back over the bill and list those items and monies that exceed the budget (not the bill) and the President is mandated to pick which ones have to go. If Congress thinks the POTUS has picked the wrong things, they have to come up with the money from somewhere else to fund them, and within a specific time period.
I'm not crazy about the guy who was appointed by Obama, but he's a career bureaucrat of over 40 years, known for his attention to detail and a stickler for the rules. He is the first Comptroller to call for and carry out the very first ever complete audit of every Federal Agency.

Seems that lately, he's been busy getting all of the audit trails prepared for audits pursuant to Gramm-Rudman-Hollings . grin

If this gets carried through as the law states, there's about to be a whole herd of sacred cows slaughtered.

The Left has to be losing their minds. The media circus will be louder and more shrill than it has ever been.

Trump won't be impeached for this, because all he is doing is following the law already on the books, one already passed with a bi-partisan vote long ago, one that the Libs (Dems and Repubs alike) could have modified long ago.

I'm with a few others here. I'm going to sit back and see what happens. Maybe buy some stock in panties and boxers manufacturers.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

J
JoeBob Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Kimber7man

Everything changed....of all his promises border security, illegal immigration, and the wall were the main reason middle America came out in droves to support him. The omnibus bill not only doesn't give him funding for the wall.....it actually specifically states that he cant use the money allocated for any of the new wall prototypes. Also doest allow him to hire the 1000 new ICE agents we need. There isn't anything in the bill that does anything he wanted other than a huge influx of cash to the military...

DHS can’t use those funds to build the wall. Nothing says that the Corps of Engineers can’t build a wall with its money. And that is exactly what Trump said in his tweet this morning and probably why he made it very clear on Friday that the wall is a national security and military issue.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Honestly guys, I think this is just PR damage control to his base after the tsunami of negative feedback over signing this POS funding bill. Congress hasn't given a damn about balancing any budget, OR WRITING A BUDGET for that matter, so how does this change anything, other than getting people like us saying "yeah, Trump's still our guy". He's still better than the alternative of course, but we needed to VETO that bill.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bristoe
I'm not seeing any hard news anywhere about it this morning.

It can't mean what I thought it meant or there would be howling from the MSM.

That’s a good point.

Maybe the most telling of all.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
While he could use some existing funding if he decided to use the military to build the wall, he would need congress to sign off on the expenditure eventually....thats not gonna happen. The drug cartels are funnelling millions into the pockets of lawmakers to ensure a wall is never built.

J
JoeBob Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
While he could use some existing funding if he decided to use the military to build the wall, he would need congress to sign off on the expenditure eventually....thats not gonna happen. The drug cartels are funnelling millions into the pockets of lawmakers to ensure a wall is never built.

I’m sure he would take the position of having Congress trying to stop something already in progress than appropriate funding to try and start something.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by JoeBob

I’m sure he would take the position of having Congress trying to stop something already in progress than appropriate funding to try and start something.

Yes, forgiveness is easier to source than permission.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
J
JoeBob Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Originally Posted by JoeBob

Yes, forgiveness is easier to source than permission.

It would be horrible PR for the Republicrats in Congress too.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

398 members (1Longbow, 163bc, 1lesfox, 160user, 06hunter59, 10ring1, 37 invisible), 2,818 guests, and 1,129 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,651
Posts18,533,818
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.