Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Yes, He is!

As far as Christmas goes - that day and Easter are the two days I will NOT pull a trigger.
My little Grandma Shubert would spin in her grave, if she thought any of her kids, grandkids, etc. down the line - harmed anything or anybody on a holy day!

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

S
shootem Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by RiverRider
Originally Posted by efw

Crazy thing is how this under emphasis upon God’s righteous anger for sin also cheapens grace...

Hadn't thought of it in that way, but I think you're spot on. To be able to appreciate the value of grace and the sacrifice Jesus made of Himself, we need to be able to appreciate the enormity of God's wrath. In truth, I don't think we are capable of that. At least I'm not. Backing away from that a bit, trying to comprehend God's love for what He created in His own image and the lengths He has gone to in order to salvage it...it's just overwhelming. I wish there was a way to make everyone understand this.

I suppose it's normal for believers to better grasp the concept of Jesus' sacrifice as we grow older and unavoidably gain at least some wisdom thru life experience. But the concept of sacrificing one's child, guilty of no misdeed, for the misdeeds of others is still difficult for me to grasp. I've wrestled around with this conundrum on many more than one occasion. I've tried to reduce the magnitude of this sacrifice to a manageable and understandable level I can work with. For me it came down to this; God is His magnanimous generosity tried time after countless time to show and tell His chosen people of His love for them. But regardless of His words and actions they (we) refused to abide by the principles and instruction He provided. So God offered the most frightful sacrifice that could be imagined.

I have imagined, in modern terms, he said to them "What must I do to convince you of my eternal love for you my people? What must I do to show what you my very own creation means to me? You do not understand or you would not live life in a way I have warned you against. You would not continue with actions and lifestyles in direct contradiction to the plan I have for you. How can I convince you of my love and cleanse you of your great sins against me? What sacrifice can I make to make you believe? Do you love your children? Would you guard them against all harm or would you be willing to sacrifice your child's life in atonement for the crimes of another? Let me then create for that sacrifice my one and only child; a child perfect in all ways with no sin in him. What if I then let his perfect life be sacrificed so that you and all believers may spend eternity with me? Would that convince you of my love?"

People of all types and all generations in all places understand the love of a parent for a child. Offering the sacrifice of one's child is then an action that can be understood by all people in all places forever, assuring the meaning would never be lost. "I love you this much" is what God told us then, now, and forever. Looking at the Easter miracle in this way gives me a better grasp of it's reality though I still am in awe.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My four year old loves Easter. Coloring eggs, candy, Easter egg hunts......

This morning he asked me “ Dad, what is Easter?

I told him, “A zombie story, son”

Mom is taking him to church tomorrow. Lol.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
RiverRider,

Don’t know about you but every time I think of what He went thru for us brings a tear to my eye!

Happy and Blessed Easter to all!

MAGA! This is the way!
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
......and He's needed now as much or even more than He was on the first Easter.

IC B2

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I got way way more when I got Him than he got when he got me. I got Eternal Life and a loving Savior, he got a pretty worthless sinner.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by JamesJr
My favorite Bible scripture is Luke 23:39-43. While I certainly do not believe one should wait until the last moment to be saved, as we never know when that last moment will be, it shows that no matter how hopeless our situation may be, it is never too late to ask God's forgiveness.

All the rapists and serial killers on death row seem to like that one also.

Travis

God can't be fooled by last-minute, just in case, "conversions." A genuine one is just as good as a lifelong commitment as illustrated by Matthew 20 1-16, whether we like it or not.

What fresh Hell is this?
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
He is risen, Indeed!

Have a safe and wonderful Easter everyone.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Amen .

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Owl Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

James Pepper: There's no law west of Dodge and no God west of the Pecos. Right, Mr. Chisum? John Chisum: Wrong, Mr. Pepper. Because no matter where people go, sooner or later there's the law. And sooner or later they find God's already been there.
IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Pappy348
My favorite Bible scripture is Luke 23:39-43. While I certainly do not believe one should wait until the last moment to be saved, as we never know when that last moment will be, it shows that no matter how hopeless our situation may be, it is never too late to ask God's forgiveness.

Travis

God can't be fooled by last-minute, just in case, "conversions." A genuine one is just as good as a lifelong commitment as illustrated by Matthew 20 1-16, whether we like it or not.

You don't have to convince me of anything. I'm just pointing out that rapists and murders get to go to heaven.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
D
dpd Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by riflegunbuilder
I got way way more when I got Him than he got when he got me. I got Eternal Life and a loving Savior, he got a pretty worthless sinner.

AMEN !!!!!! Who am I that a KING would bleed and die for ? I am so grateful that He did !!!!!!

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by Gus
that quick & easy stuff seems like it was lifted from something john calvin might have said, that is:TULIP.

anyone interested will go to the extra effort to look it up on the internet. it's all there for discussion.

the first black tulip was identified or recognized not many years ago. but now they're common.

TULIP is the core of Calvinism, although all Calvinist don't adhere to all five points. The "P", preservation of the saints, is very Baptist, as in once saved always saved vs. the Arminian position of falling from grace. It is an interesting study. Both sides have their scriptural support, at least their interpretation of scripture. I'm not a Calvinist, BTW. But it was a Presbyterian friend who showed me the "package of figs". I've found it useful, shared it here for that reason. Not sure where he got it, not sure it matters.

DF

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by MadMooner
My four year old loves Easter. Coloring eggs, candy, Easter egg hunts......

This morning he asked me “ Dad, what is Easter?

I told him, “A zombie story, son”

Mom is taking him to church tomorrow. Lol.

Liar.
grin

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Alleluia!

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
indeed!

-jake

Small Game, Deer, Turkey, Bear, Elk....It's what's for dinner.

If you know how many guns you own... you don't own enough.

In God We Trust.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Amen! Happy Easter campfire, rejoice the day!

It isn't what happens to you that defines you, it's what you DO about what happens to you that defines you!

NRA life member

Illinois State Rifle Association member
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Pappy348

Travis

You don't have to convince me of anything. I'm just pointing out that rapists and murders get to go to heaven.

Travis

Not all. Only those who will humble themselves and surrender their lives to Him. He is Risen, indeed!

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Amen!!!

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Thanks for sharing. Amen!!!

Patron member, NRA, Life Member SCI,
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

199 members (160user, 300jimmy, 338Rules, 257 mag, 10Glocks, 23 invisible), 1,695 guests, and 993 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,539
Posts18,531,106
Members74,039
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.