Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I don't know, little worried about Trump's tariffs and possible trade wars myself....

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Went to check cows late yesterday afternoon, and found a dead calf that was born a couple of days ago. It was fine when I checked them yesterday morning . The calf was with another cow and calf, and I noticed that it tried to nurse the other cow a few times, and she would push it away. I am wondering if that cow could have kicked or butted the calf hard enough to kill it. The calf's mama has been bawling constantly, and following me around all over the pasture. I'd like to have another calf to put on her, but sure hate going through the trouble. Dammit, I hate losing one.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Yeah, I hate losing one too.

Sorry you did.

Most I've seen like that were stepped on. Who knows if it was on purpose or not.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by JamesJr
Went to check cows late yesterday afternoon, and found a dead calf that was born a couple of days ago. It was fine when I checked them yesterday morning . The calf was with another cow and calf, and I noticed that it tried to nurse the other cow a few times, and she would push it away. I am wondering if that cow could have kicked or butted the calf hard enough to kill it. The calf's mama has been bawling constantly, and following me around all over the pasture. I'd like to have another calf to put on her, but sure hate going through the trouble. Dammit, I hate losing one.

Sorry to hear you lost a calf.

Are you sure her udder is OK? Maybe her teats aren't open and the calf was hungry?

Always drink upstream from the herd...cowdoc...
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by cowdoc
Originally Posted by JamesJr

Sorry to hear you lost a calf.

Are you sure her udder is OK? Maybe her teats aren't open and the calf was hungry?

Doc, the calf had been nursing her for a couple of days, and appeared to be doing well. Of course, I can't say for certain that that wasn't the case. Things like this happen sometimes with no explanation.

IC B2

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

697 members (007FJ, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 1eyedmule, 160user, 72 invisible), 3,243 guests, and 1,333 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,105
Posts18,483,265
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.