Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Tmitch,
There's about 25 different Geissele triggers; which one would that be?

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
GB1

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
If you read the article it says SD-3G

Charter Member
Ancient order of the 1895 Winchester

"It's an insecure and petite man who demands all others like what he likes and dislike what he dislikes."
szihn

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by tmitch
If you read the article it says SD-3G
LOL! The SD was *designed* to have a lot of creep!

Politics is War by Other Means
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That’s a pretty poor comparison. That trigger is designed and marketed as a “rolling break” and it really shouldn’t be compared to a traditional trigger.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Yondering
Originally Posted by rost495
All I'll say is if you are pulling through the 2nd stage in a rapid fire string, you are not doing it correctly and in my prime I"d have beaten you every time.

I think some target shooters have a different definition of "rapid fire" than the rest of us. I'm guessing MM was talking about pulling the trigger as fast as possible, not 1 round in 10 seconds or whatever the long range target shooters think is rapid fire.

Ummm NTIT is as fast as you can get aimed fire down range. Even unaimed if you don't care about winning... that was generally around 40 rounds give or take in 50 seconds including a reload....for me... tad bit different than 1 round in 10 seconds. Click,click, bang, repeat... faster than one can type it... IIRC the most hits I"ve ever had was 46...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That's funny. I guess some of these guys do suppressive fire with their semi autos.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Tyrone
That's funny. I guess some of these guys do suppressive fire with their semi autos.

Ever try to hit multiple small hogs running like Hell before they disappear into thick brush? laugh

In this case, "suppressive fire" means trying to suppress the sheer numbers of hogs on a piece of property. wink

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Dang sure a yes on pigs... doesn't take long for them to escape. Dang sure never got a 20 round mag off on them.. and the one dang time I found a sounder in an open field my nephew had my gun and was just wasting time... I should have taken it from him, but I really wanted him to get a hog.. that time I co uld have gotten 20 aimed shots off.

Tyrone, I wouldn't call aimed fire suppressive when each round hits the target.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Well it would still be suppressive if it him em wouldn't it?

Pigs, the one time I found a flock of them I was in a bad spot and my cousin dumped 6 or 7 of them after I got my one shot off. I've never been lucky.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Only hits count. If you are shooting faster than you can make good hits on your target, you are shooting too fast (unless it's suppressive fire). You are not going to make any hits, much less good hits, pulling the trigger as fast as possible unless your target is huge/close.

I'll let you all in on a little secret - Just because you have 60 seconds to get off 10 sustained fire shots doesn't mean you have to take that long. You just have to slow down enough to make good hits. smile

Some of the smart cookies finish with enough time to take care of any malfunctions/other screw ups.

IC B3

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
How do you waste ammo if you like to shoot?

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by hanco
How do you waste ammo if you like to shoot?

I guess "waste" is entirely subjective. To some, sighting in their rifle once a year or checking to make sure the rifle scope is still zeroed right before deer season is the only time they shoot. Those types have no clue what a "good/great" trigger is all about... I'm about to go to the range right now and "waste" some targets eek cool... Absolutely NO ammo will be wasted. I'm taking my Noveske AR15 with its Geissele SSA-E out and compare that to my new AR10's national match trigger... That's a good measure of how one feels over the other. Just printed out some targets... Ye hah... See ya...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Um, I believe I know all that. LOL. Always had a buffer in rapids.

No buffers in NTIT because the targets just go away and you are "never" out of ammo depending on your fire plan.

I loved shooting straight away. But they generally had me as a swing man because I shot well and could snag NPA so I was still centered on the 2nd target after the mag change. I don't recall missing many shots. Only if the wind call was wrong.

And then you had to shoot so slowly at first for the coaches watching you, to see if the wind call was good before you could pick up the pace that it was annoying...

Anyway I don't shoot faster than I can make hits. Its counter productive IMHO.

340boy Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Good thread, guys. I'm thinking of going with a Geissele, but we will see. Thanks for all the info.

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
340boy,

Give this a look when you have time, From the CEO himself, Bill Geissele lays it all out.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
I like watching his videos.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I was gonna say Damn, Bill got some gray finally... then I looked in the mirror. LOL. Have not seen Bill in probably 15 years.

But knew him well enough to so if he makes it, then if its not the best, its gonna be damn close.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by 340boy
I've a new Springfield AR that I like quite a bit except for the trigger. It HAS to go! I'm looking for something in the 2.5-3.5 lb pull range, price < 200 $.
I am flying blind when it comes to ARs so any advice is appreciated.

IMO the Rock River two-stage is tough to beat for the money. Especially when on sale.

I installed a Trigger Tech in one of mine not long ago and I love it. Pretty much anything you buy will make you happy over the factory trigger in your AR. And I think the Saint triggers are pretty good actually.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by kellory
In all seriousness, I've never changed out a trigger in anything. It's always been a matter of learning that weapons quirks and flaws. The only trigger I've even installed was in the lower for my AR, and that was donated to my build by a friend as he upgraded to a Timmony trigger. I see the price tags on some of these triggers, and can't see how it could be worth the money.
This might sound like sacrilege, but to me, a trigger is just a trigger.

Incredible insight.

Thanks for sharing.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
all can depend on how accurate you might want to be. Or how picky you are on a trigger

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

597 members (1234, 10ring1, 1badf350, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 71 invisible), 15,757 guests, and 1,021 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,306
Posts18,545,498
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.